Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What's to come?

Reaction score
One Question... With the lay off 50% of staff in the USA is Yuneec going the way of 3DR Solo and Lilly into slow Extinction? I hope not because I really like my Typhoon H.

One Question... With the lay off 50% of staff in the USA is Yuneec going the way of 3DR Solo and Lilly into slow Extinction? I hope not because I really like my Typhoon H.

Lilly was a scam. I've heard the layoff was partially because of the new repair centers. But who knows?

Several of the online "News" sites for drone news are operated by one company which happens to be in competition with Yuneec. So the reporting is always negative when Yuneec is mentioned.
As @WesBur13 points out, Lily may have been well intentioned in the beginning but turned into a huge fraud and is under criminal investigation.

Yuneec's market share isn't huge but it's solid. They are still developing new products.....the H520 due is a few months and the H920 plus which is just now going on the market. They also released a new camera recently. Copters are not their only product. They have been in the aviation business for several years.

We should not assume that all of the layoffs were related to customer service. It appears it was across the board. To keep this in perspective, sales in the drone market have fallen and have affected all the manufacturers. Post holiday sales always drop off. The only major drone maker who hasn't announced any layoffs would be DJI, but no one knows what really goes on behind their doors. I think they may be reluctant to layoff that guy who does their CS. I think he is the same guy who never responded to any of my emails about my first Phantom. I imagined he came from Maytag.

Maytag? That's a good one. :)

A friend of mine said the 50% part, where he read it I forgot

Where he read it you don't remember.
Folks, kindly don't spam the board with rumors or misleading info.

Let's fly, take and share pics and videos, and discuss actual problems with our drones and how to fix them.:)

Maytag? That's a good one. :)

Where he read it you don't remember.
Folks, kindly don't spam the board with rumors or misleading info.

Let's fly, take and share pics and videos, and discuss actual problems with our drones and how to fix them.:)
First off Rayray there's absolutely no spamming in this post. Secondly it's not a rumor as for the lay offs. I simply asked a question. Instead you're busting my chops.

Tim,

I don't think Ray is busting your chops. The problem is with the staffing cut story itself. I've read the article at at least four different media groups and not one of them publishes a source of information or author. The article is also poorly written, using terrible syntax and grammar selection. This is indicative of an amateur writer. So we don't know who wrote it or where and how the information is sourced. Is there any accuracy or truth to the story at all? We simply don't know and there's no way to find out unless and until Yuneec corporate elects to address it. Have some people been let go? Certainly, but that's business as usual with any company. There's usually cause when it happens, be it due to employee or employer made decisions.

That some would deliberately write and publish a story just to damage a company is an absolute possibility. People recognize that a great many will read something and, without any references to back up the story, view it as true.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubiousflyer