Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

which ipad or other tablet to buy so I can use the SteadyGrip

Reaction score
I just received my Q500 4K today. As I was afraid would be the case, my Asus Memo Pad is NOT compatible with the CGO3 app. I really want to use the SteadyGrip! That was a big selling point for me in choosing this quadcopter.

I would very much appreciate advice on which ipad or other tablet to buy to use with the SteadyGrip. I'd prefer not to spend several hundred dollars, but it's worth it to me to spend enough to get very good compatibility and performance.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Why not walk into Best buy and try a few models? Seems they have good assortment in several price ranges and have good number of as new returns.
They sell the Typhoon though the sales staff are very limited in knowledge on UAVs

I appreciate the answer, but how would I know if any particular tablet is compatible with the CGO3 app and will actually work well with the camera? I was hoping current SteadyGrip users would let me know what tablet they're using and how well it works. Thanks!

I have heard the android os work on it. I have an iPhone and iPad. That works

Hi Copper Angel,
The full sized iPad is too large to fit the steady grip. I use an iPad Mini and it barley fits. My iPhone SE works also. Just make sure its a recent model that supports 5.8Gz WiFi.

Thanks, Mindbank. What type of iPad Mini (2, 3, 4) do you have? I'm leaning toward an iPad Mini, but am very confused about all the different models and RAM options. Do you need a lot of RAM -- like, more than 16gb -- to fly?

Thanks, Mindbank. What type of iPad Mini (2, 3, 4) do you have? I'm leaning toward an iPad Mini, but am very confused about all the different models and RAM options. Do you need a lot of RAM -- like, more than 16gb -- to fly?
I
Its a standard iPad Mini, model MF432LL/A, 16GB. It is just used as a monitor for the steady grip and only needs to store the CGO3 app.

I use my iPad mini ok on the steadygrip. I have the same one as Mindbank.
Thanks, Q500 RATT! I ended up getting an iPhone 5c (cheaper than an iPad and more versatile, since I can use it as a phone, too). I haven't been able to try it yet because my old flip phone SIM card is too big to fit in the iPhone, and you have to have a SIM card to activate the phone. As soon as I get a new SIM card, I'll see if the iPhone works with the CGO app and camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval