Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wifi connect problem

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Android phone. I am having trouble connecting to WiFi. When I turn the breeze 4k on I cannot see the Wi-Fi listed. This is a brand new out of the box drone I just purchased from Best Buy. What am I missing?

I don't think that phone supports 5Ghz WiFi
On a 0 to 10 scale how sure are you it is a 5G WiFi connect problem? Not meaning to question your expertise just wanting to make sure before I try a different phone.

The problem is your galaxy is not 802.11ac compliant. Search the forum for Breeze WiFi compatibility.

Thank you I'll do that

Chet

Have friends or family with different phones see if they can connect to the Breeze. I have iPhones 5c, 5s, SE, 6S, and 7 and all can connect on WiFi. The 5c is not able to work with the Bluetooth controller as it’s version of Bluetooth is not compatible.

Let us know how it goes.

The problem is your galaxy is not 802.11ac compliant. Search the forum for Breeze WiFi compatibility.
I have the same problem like chatr, not see my breeze in my phone wifi list... my phone is a leeco le pro 3 (x722), it can do 802.11ac, I've got a galaxy tab s too, its the same... my breeze from us, I live in Hungary, maybe the firmware not correct?

can you help me?

Attila

I have the same problem like chatr, not see my breeze in my phone wifi list... my phone is a leeco le pro 3 (x722), it can do 802.11ac, I've got a galaxy tab s too, its the same... my breeze from us, I live in Hungary, maybe the firmware not correct?

can you help me?

Attila
US firmware in your breeze and a mobile to EU standard - that promises trouble. The current EU-firmware of the breeze requires not only 802.11ac but also 802.11h which is a subset and extensin of 802.11ac. Technical background: the latest firmware will NOT use the lower channels of the 5GHz band (802.11ac without "h") but instead the higher channels. In that range TPS and DFS have to be in operation. The breeze will do this but not all smartphones comply with that standard.
Your best course of action might be:
  • Check if your breeze has the latest EUROPEAN firmware. You can see this by the appendix "F" in both the firmware file and in the app.
  • If you still can not make a connection downgrade your breezes firmware. Downgrade with "firmware.bin" via computer and USB-cable. This procedure is described in this forum in great detail, you just have to search for it.
  • Never let your smartphone connect to the internet when the breeze app is running - you might be forced to update to the latest firmware that does not comply with your smartphone.
Good luck and do not hesitate to ask if questions arise.

Thank you airborne! ;). how can I check my breeze firmware? where is a good link to download firmware.bin file? all link here is dead...

This link should let you download firmware.bin . Let me know if the download does not work. And here anyone interested can read the finer details of 5 GHz WiFi in Europe and the US. Quite interesting IMHO.
You're great Airborne!!! I downloaded the firmware what you linked and copied to my breeze. I see the breeze in my leeco le pro 3 smartphone and my galaxy tab s too. i already connected to the app, works well. :) I'm so happy... Tomorrow I"ll test everything... Thanks a lot!!!

I use a galaxy S8 and it works just fine. Go to your wifi settings on your droid and once you have turned on the drone, click direct wifi on your phone, the breeze will then come up in your wifi list, click that and it should connect, mine does, you will likely get a message telling you there could be a week signal, hit dismiss and off you go.
Hope that works for you it has and does for me I fly it all the time.
Good luck

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This link should let you download firmware.bin . Let me know if the download does not work. And here anyone interested can read the finer details of 5 GHz WiFi in Europe and the US. Quite interesting IMHO.
I bought the breeze in the USA and unfortunately I discovered that in Europe the WI-FI channels were not visible. I solved the problem with the uncompressed "firmware.bin" as described in this discussion. I am very happy, Thank you very much.

I have a problem when I connect to the breeze for wifi I run out of internet and it does not let me connect to facebook live because I do not have Internet and also when the breeze is connected the Internet of my cel disappears. please someone who can solve this problem ....

You must have cellular services enabled for Breeze Cam. While you are connected to the Breeze through WiFi, all internet connection has to occur through the cellular network.

Reactions: Lobo9611
if I understand that I have network services in my cel but when the breeze connects it removes it .....

In order to be connected to the Breeze and still have an internet connection to Facebook through the Breeze Cam app, Breeze Cam must be permitted to access the cellular network service in your phone.

Do you use Breeze Cam on an iOS or Android device?

I'm using it in iphone 7 plus and a GALAXY s9 and where the option is the ios to connect me to live. but when you connect to the android via wifi you are disconnected the android network

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis