Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wind worthiness of the 'H'

Reaction score
I currently fly a Q500 4K and as soon as my dealer gets his 3 'H's from Horizon Hobby, one of them is set aside for me. I live in New England along the coast and we very seldom have wind-less conditions.
My question is to those that have experience with the Q500 (4K if nothing else), how would you compare the "H' to the Q500 in windy conditions? I have flown my 'Q' in up to 10 mph winds and was not overly confident in its ability to combat the winds. It is also very difficult to fly it with any accuracy in those conditions.

Is the 'H' considerably more stable in considerable windy conditions?

I currently fly a Q500 4K and as soon as my dealer gets his 3 'H's from Horizon Hobby, one of them is set aside for me. I live in New England along the coast and we very seldom have wind-less conditions.
My question is to those that have experience with the Q500 (4K if nothing else), how would you compare the "H' to the Q500 in windy conditions? I have flown my 'Q' in up to 10 mph winds and was not overly confident in its ability to combat the winds. It is also very difficult to fly it with any accuracy in those conditions.

Don't have a Q, but flew H in 14 mph wind and she moved just fine!

Has HH received any H's yet? It seems they were advertising them pretty aggressively. I have flown my Q in some heavy wind and my experience has been very positive. My 1st 3 flights with the H had minimal wind. I will update as I see more wind. My son and I are going to fly both the H and Q today and get some side by side action!

Reactions: DroneClone
I've no experience with the H but it's top speed is twice that of the Q which I'd take to be a great big hint to the effect that windy conditions are going to be significanly less problematic that with the Q.

Col.

Has HH received any H's yet? It seems they were advertising them pretty aggressively. I have flown my Q in some heavy wind and my experience has been very positive. My 1st 3 flights with the H had minimal wind. I will update as I see more wind. My son and I are going to fly both the H and Q today and get some side by side action!
Don't forget it to post it!, I am grounded till I get my replacement mushroom antenna or itelite DBS, which ever comes first! Never fly with only one antenna as the signal will enter and not exit and fry your controller-Yuneec stated!:(

My 3-15 order was through H.H through our shop and the order is set for delivery 6-22, I'm canceling tomorrow when they open for Ive got a tracking # for wensday delivery! From a Saturday eBay order,better price also.

The flags, sea state, and kites indicate a minimum wind of 20mph-25mph in that video.

No experience with the other models either, but have flown the H in several windy days with one day winds reported as 21 MPH but I'm pretty sure gusts were stronger. I was very pleased with ability to handle winds as I live in an area known for being windy.... A large windmill farm is located west of me 2 miles and they put these in the windiest areas. I have a row of eucalyptus trees and orchard trees to the west of my house that gives me some decent protection for take-offs and landings but once I had east into my open fields it gets pretty gusty (there was talk of windmills going right in our area also but large landowner behind us was nothing to do with it).

Reactions: DroneClone
Don't forget it to post it!, I am grounded till I get my replacement mushroom antenna or itelite DBS, which ever comes first! Never fly with only one antenna as the signal will enter and not exit and fry your controller-Yuneec stated!:(
Oh ****! I'll keep that in mind.

thanks,
My Q would never be able to handle that wind. At least I dont believe it would and I dont intend to find out.
My Q was flying so vertical one time when I tried flying in about 13 to 14 mile an hour winds I thought it was going to flip over in mid air. Scared the **** out of me.

My Q was flying so vertical one time when I tried flying in about 13 to 14 mile an hour winds I thought it was going to flip over in mid air. Scared the **** out of me.
Yeah now that's what I'm talkin' about.
In New England near Cape Cod the winds average 8 - 10 mph almost constantly. A day without wind is a day in the sauna with all the water around us. :rolleyes:

The H seems to land better to me, but still acts funny during windy landing. Flying seems easier, since it just seems to have so much more power. The H is like the sports car version of the Q500 it is still easy to fly but can be jumpy and quick in rabbit/angle mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22