Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wizard won't bind to Craft

Reaction score
My Wizard Wand will not bind to my Typhoon H. I have followed the manual & the Youtube videos, tilt the craft 45 degrees forward, light flashes orange, hold power button shake upwards until light goes purple. But once I release the power button all the lights on the wand go out and nothing. Does anyone have any tricks?

Do you get the solid blue on the Aircraft mode LED (upper left indicator on the Wizard) then shake up and down until you get two beeps from the aircraft?

You should only have to bind the Wizard one time, after that you should only have to power it on and bind should be automatic.

Another thought, are you using the Wizard by itself or are you using it and the ST16 in Team mode?

Thanks for the reply. I'm not using it in Teams mode just wanted to test the follow me option. Here's a link to a video I did this morning showing what's happening.

Without the aircraft on, are you able to power on the Wizard? Hold the power button until it vibrates and release the button.

If it will not power on, try charging it for a couple hours and try again. If it will not stay powered on it may be defective.

When binding to the aircraft, after the AC has the rapidly flashing orange Main LED, hold the power button on the Wizard and wait for the Aircraft to emit two beeps. The Main LED will turn purple (Angle mode) then shake the Wizard up/down until you get the green Bind LED on the Wizard. The Aircraft Mode LED will be purple (Angle mode).

I get the same results if the Craft is powered off, holding the power button on the wand all lights turn on and it vibrates once, let go of power button all lights go out. I have had it on the charger until the red light goes out.

I am reading this because i have 2 wands that i will probably get rid of but not without giving it a whirl. Is it worth it for certain usage other than, well what? just curioso. The bike guy? well it's small to use.

I get the same results if the Craft is powered off, holding the power button on the wand all lights turn on and it vibrates once, let go of power button all lights go out. I have had it on the charger until the red light goes out.
In the Powering On/Off section of the manual there is a NOTICE about the gyro going bad and causing the symptoms you describe.
My guess is that is the trouble with yours.

Attachments

• Typhoon-Wizard-User-Manual-0929-1.pdf
    477.6 KB · Views: 1
I am reading this because i have 2 wands that i will probably get rid of but not without giving it a whirl. Is it worth it for certain usage other than, well what? just curioso. The bike guy? well it's small to use.
It is useful for team mode or if you are riding a bike and are using FollowMe. The down side is that there is quite a learning curve with the functions controlled by the wand. There are several button combinations to do things that are easy on the ST16. Team mode is much better using two ST16’s.

Just curious again. Have you or anyone here actually used one other than for trying it out.

I have used it a few times in the 2 1/2 years of owning my Typhoon H. If you are using the FollowMe/WatchMe Smart modes while on a bicycle, as a passenger in a golf cart, or a canoe, etc. it is easier to handle than carrying the ST16.

The problem with that is that the Wizard controls the aircraft and in fact you need to be the passenger and maintain VLOS to remain legal for flight.

I have used team mode for a test flying the aircraft with the Wizard and using the ST16 with the camera switches set to control the camera with the right stick. That is definitely a two person job and my test would not have passed muster with just me controlling both.

Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech