Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Working on the arm clip problem...

Very elegant solution, @Mechanic - especially considering the convenient carry handle.

I guess I lean more toward the bailing wire and duct tape school of engineering.

I have one clip that likes to let go when I am performing a compass calibration. Finally had enough and found something very simple and cheap to keep the suspect arm from collapsing during the spin cycle. If creative enough, color matching bands are available, eh!

The key is to ensure the anchor loop of the appropriately sized rubber band is on the suspect arm. If more than one clip is suspect, just add bands.

Note: The duct tape, in this case painters tape, is not really needed. Used it to cover my registration number!

BailingWireAndDuctTape.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mechanic
There are plenty of clips on eBay now for $9.99 how much is the printer and the material cost to do this? Also, you add some weight to the drone as well. I have to admit the idea is not that bad but I guess not everyone has a 3d printer.

NorWiscPilot I agree, but I happen to have a few 3d printers. So I created them for the people that don't have the mind to "JerryRig" things. Im a 30yr mechanic and can fix just about anything I get my hands on, or even something that is not broke, I will disassemble it to see how i can modify it to make it work or just improve something. All my designs are available on thingverse for anyone that wants them. (user name PrintMechanic)

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval