Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Works but won't take off after crash

Reaction score
Okay, new guy is back. Took the Breeze on the desk today to get a pic of gutter line; wind took it an smacked it against the house. Fell about ten feet and parts flew off but it still seems to work except for takeoff.

All the parts went back together; wifi works; still could download video. Problem is that it simply refuses to take off now. There's no visual evidence of damages to any internal parts. GPS works. Re-calibration affected nothing.

Refuses to take off in all modes. Can anyone give me a clue about what might not be working. And what I can do about it.

Thanks.

Are all the indicators at the upper right in the BreezeCam app blue? Spin each motor thru at least 10 full revs to make sure they are not binding.

Motors not binding. On closer inspection, the rightmost bulb which I believe normally comes on beneath the "TOF RangeSensor V2" label is not lighting. I find only one YouTube showing what it ought to look like. Could that be the problem? I'm getting no messages within the app indicating that there are sensor problems. Appreciate you guidance.

Motors not binding. On closer inspection, the rightmost bulb which I believe normally comes on beneath the "TOF RangeSensor V2" label is not lighting. I find only one YouTube showing what it ought to look like. Could that be the problem? I'm getting no messages within the app indicating that there are sensor problems. Appreciate you guidance.

I’ve never gotten messages, but the icons on the top right give the status of the sensors. Left to right they are: IRS, Optical Flow, GPS, Compass, and IMU. If any of them are red the motors will not start.

IRS red. Do we know what has to be replaced? I suspect it's the V2 board I mentioned. Reached out to Yuneec support but haven;t heard anything back.

That would also be my guess. There was a recent post about IRS problems. It may be a broken solder joint.

Reviewed the other post about solder connection. Would be nice if it was the solder. I tried putting some pressure on the chip and got no change.

This looks like the part: Yuneec Breeze M7 Board

I've repaired smartphones before but this looks like an even tougher fix. And more than half of the cost of the Breeze. Ouch.

Last edited:
At that cost I’d just order another from Walmart, and keep the crashes bird for parts.

is it possible that the optical flow sensor is broken???
it's a lot less expensive

If that were the case the Status icon for the Flow Sensor would be red, not the IRS.

If that were the case the Status icon for the Flow Sensor would be red, not the IRS.
the optical flow sensor is yello, and i can't fly at this moment,
i use a pad with lighter color and it became blue and i can fly.
but last week i can fly directly at same place without a pad, why now i need a pad????

the optical flow sensor is yello, and i can't fly at this moment,
i use a pad with lighter color and it became blue and i can fly.
but last week i can fly directly at same place without a pad, why now i need a pad????

The Flow Sensor is rather picky when it comes to light level. What can seem the same to us due to adaptation of our eyes can’t be done by the sensor. I occasionally use a free iOS app called Pocket Light Meter which will allow you to see how much light it takes to get a blue Flow Sensor icon.

Reactions: bighoud

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me