Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Worth a look at this app

I like the app but it won't load,I'm waiting for a email from them to sort this out,interesting app.

It's absolutely horrid. It includes uncontrolled/no tower and grass airstrips many of which haven't been in operation for several years. If that map becomes official, I'm done flying despite there being 3 AMA fields that according to that app would be unable to fly at.

It's absolutely horrid. It includes uncontrolled/no tower and grass airstrips many of which haven't been in operation for several years. If that map becomes official, I'm done flying despite there being 3 AMA fields that according to that app would be unable to fly at.
I couldn't get it to load so I gave up,a quick go over it looked good to me,but I'm very rual and don't fly around cities so l really don't know about that stuff,I have Hover.

I live in the thumb of Michigan; about as rural as you can get. This app is basically the FAA B4UFLY, which is highly inaccurate, meaning it isn't using correct mapping.

Better to have everything showing than not

Maybe if we contact them with updates for your local area, things would get changed quicker and be more up to date. Like crowd sourcing. I know I have the same input capabilities for my satnav.
Give them a break here, they're in the UK, giving you a free app, and you're complaining that it shows an unused field or two in your neck of the woods?
Better they show all than miss some I feel. We all know the limitations where we fly locally, but what about if you're in a strange area? Just drop them an email and let them know!

I live in the thumb of Michigan; about as rural as you can get. This app is basically the FAA B4UFLY, which is highly inaccurate, meaning it isn't using correct mapping.
I'm in the Emerald triangle,bluff creek just over the hill I'm gonna get Bigfoot on video with my H.LOL

Reactions: Chris McMillan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop