Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H520E ST16E

I have heard there is a micro switch added to the battery lock to prevent flight if it is not locked. Also redundant contact points on the battery connector to ensure reliable contact.

The battery very likely has the same pin arrangement as the H3:
H3 Battery.jpg

Last edited:
It all makes me feel "E" is a completely new platform. Those of us who fly h520 currently will earn nothing from its introduction. Nothing of h520 we have today, like batteries, chargers, cameras etc. is going to fit the new one.

the three bay st16s battery charger, props , the arms with motors with exception which is the 2 arms where the new antenna are mounted on are brand new. and land gear thats all that are known compatible at this time.

Reactions: Steve Carr
just waiting for the october release date. and a few months later to get my hands on it. I am liking my current h520 even more. just did 4 new test flights at vbro in Louisiana got go ahead from the vrbo owner and the farmer next door. Location not ideal. heavy power lines just to the south of me power poles crisscrossing the property one pole with 3 transformers. The place has a metal roof. first thing I did was recalibrate compass and the accel. h520 was stable no drifting even with 3 transformer power poles close by. took off the ground at low AGL crossed under one wire that ran to the other side of the road. Then cleared the wire and gained 398ft AGL and never had any issues with the h520. I did not use the oem omni antenna. I used 3hawks xr with boosters on a tripod and the controller was also on a tripod. RSSI were running 71 to 78 at 2500 ft from st16s location. Also It be nice if we can change out the current h520 battery plug to the h520e battery plug on the h520 to keep it in the air longer after all our current h480 and h520 batteries need replaced. same battery wire changeout for those who have the h plus or even the veteran h480

confirmed from vertigo drones web site they show the h3 mainboard the main battery wire can be swapped to the other yuneec hex units. batteries are running 200.00 per battery. and yuneec has a dy5 charger for the h3 battery in europe. vertigo drones should look into offering them here in the us.

Reactions: Steve Carr
vertigo drones has release a video of the h520e. and for those of you in Europe there a site listing it as in stock ships in 1 to 14 days

Aeromind in Poland - what is in the box
Product with prices

yuneec just released more info on h520e rtk. not sure what to think about the rtk antenna and how it's mounted. looks like it may be a easy damage or break off point. anyhow ship out date November.

New from Yuneec: The H520E RTK

H520E RTK: As precise as a Swiss clockwork

The commercial Hexacopter H520E receives one of the fastest and most reliable RTK systems in the world. Fully integrated into the H520E, it ensures the highest precision and the fastest possible operational readiness even under difficult GPS conditions like in cities, canyons or forests.
  • RTK (Real Time Kinematic) module for high accuracy relative positioning: 1 cm + ppm horizontal / 2 cm + ppm vertical
  • Keep cm precision in even GNSS challenging environment (e.g. between high buildings)
  • For faster and more precise mapping (e.g. complex surveying, inspections, mapping, 3D displays)
  • 5 Hz update rate of position, velocity and time
  • All data including raw GNSS data and real time solution can be logged on board - ready for PPK
  • Support signals of up to 3 GNSS constellations among GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou

H520E RTK
YUNH520E-RTKEU
H520E Hexacopter with RTK module, ST16E remote control, 2 batteries

3,999.- € excl. VAT
Available in November 2020
+49 4191 932620
[email protected]
You receive this newsletter because you either opted in to our newsletter, took part in a product give away or own an account at our company. Should you no longer wish to receive our newsletter in the future, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking here. Alternatively, you can notify us by email to ([email protected]) or to the contact details provided in our imprint.
IMPRINT
Data pursuant to § 5 TMG

Yuneec Europe GmbH - Nikolaus-Otto-Strasse 4 - 24568 Kaltenkirchen
Represented by Chief Executive Officer: Jörg Schamuhn
Tel.: +49 (0) 4191 93 26 0 - Fax: +49 (0) 4191 88 407 - E-Mail: [email protected] - Website: www.yuneec.de
Registration number: HRB 131190 - Court of Registration: Hamburg
VAT ID number pursuant to Section 27(a) of the Value Added Tax Act: DE 294516718

Privacy Policy
6e2c04e3-161f-4e64-80e8-6a9224950082.jpg
open.php

New from Yuneec: The H520E RTK

H520E RTK: As precise as a Swiss clockwork

The commercial Hexacopter H520E receives one of the fastest and most reliable RTK systems in the world. Fully integrated into the H520E, it ensures the highest precision and the fastest possible operational readiness even under difficult GPS conditions like in cities, canyons or forests.
  • RTK (Real Time Kinematic) module for high accuracy relative positioning: 1 cm + ppm horizontal / 2 cm + ppm vertical
  • Keep cm precision in even GNSS challenging environment (e.g. between high buildings)
  • For faster and more precise mapping (e.g. complex surveying, inspections, mapping, 3D displays)
  • 5 Hz update rate of position, velocity and time
  • All data including raw GNSS data and real time solution can be logged on board - ready for PPK
  • Support signals of up to 3 GNSS constellations among GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou

H520E RTK
YUNH520E-RTKEU
H520E Hexacopter with RTK module, ST16E remote control, 2 batteries

3,999.- € excl. VAT
Available in November 2020
+49 4191 932620
[email protected]
You receive this newsletter because you either opted in to our newsletter, took part in a product give away or own an account at our company. Should you no longer wish to receive our newsletter in the future, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking here. Alternatively, you can notify us by email to ([email protected]) or to the contact details provided in our imprint.
IMPRINT
Data pursuant to § 5 TMG

Yuneec Europe GmbH - Nikolaus-Otto-Strasse 4 - 24568 Kaltenkirchen
Represented by Chief Executive Officer: Jörg Schamuhn
Tel.: +49 (0) 4191 93 26 0 - Fax: +49 (0) 4191 88 407 - E-Mail: [email protected] - Website: www.yuneec.de
Registration number: HRB 131190 - Court of Registration: Hamburg
VAT ID number pursuant to Section 27(a) of the Value Added Tax Act: DE 294516718

Privacy Policy
6e2c04e3-161f-4e64-80e8-6a9224950082.jpg
open.php

Does this offering include e90X?
I'm afraid it doesn't. The camera will increase the price by another €1,5k.

I found a short video on Youtube I think you might like.

Last edited:
The camera constantly losing focus in that video got on my nerves after a while.
I know if I mention the number of times he said "errr", I'm going to get flak for criticising someone use their not-first-language, but I think he could have rehearsed better.

So, I read somewhere on one of the H520E docs, that Yuneec has finally found a function for the AUX button! Drop system activation. BTW his English is parsecs ahead of my and probably your Polish..... just saying ;)

Reactions: Pawel_(PL)
So, I read somewhere on one of the H520E docs, that Yuneec has finally found a function for the AUX button! Drop system activation. BTW his English is parsecs ahead of my and probably your Polish..... just saying ;)
Very much so, my Polish is strictly limited to swearing.

possible complication flight battery make up has changed to lithium ion not lipo any more. all new chargers are going to be needed. all existing h lipo batteries not usable at all

possible complication flight battery make up has changed to lithium ion not lipo any more. all new chargers are going to be needed. all existing h lipo batteries not usable at all
Indeed. As well as new cameras. Scarcely anything from an old bird will be useable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval