Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec has made Typhoon H incompatible with DroneDeploy

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I love my H. However, since Yuneec has not (yet) decided to save GPS data (lat, lon, alt) in EXIF with their JPGs, users cannot utilize the services of companies such as DroneDeploy to create 3D maps or utilize any of their other services. This lack of EXIF support, in effect, severely limits the usefulness of the H which inadvertently puts DJI at an advantage. If Yuneec wants to seriously compete with DJI (which I believe they do), then this capability has to be corrected with a firmware update sooner than later. There is great potential in the H, so hopefully they will release it's full potential for us to use.

So there is only 6 contacts connected to the camera / gimbal , so is there two way stream to the main body , so can the camera receive gps data from the main body ?.

Don't get me wrong, I love my H. However, since Yuneec has not (yet) decided to save GPS data (lat, lon, alt) in EXIF with their JPGs, users cannot utilize the services of companies such as DroneDeploy to create 3D maps or utilize any of their other services. This lack of EXIF support, in effect, severely limits the usefulness of the H which inadvertently puts DJI at an advantage. If Yuneec wants to seriously compete with DJI (which I believe they do), then this capability has to be corrected with a firmware update sooner than later. There is great potential in the H, so hopefully they will release it's full potential for us to use.
I believe you get EXIF data when you take/save photos in the DNG format. But please somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: Lumberjack0
You actually get less EXIF data in DNG format, basically the type of camera and that's about it.

There is EXIF data stored with the JPGs, however, Yuneec only provides the latitude and longitude values, NOT the altitude. No altitude data, no 3D stictching of photos. Yuneec evidently has full access to the GPS, so why leave off the altitude? Another request for inclusion in next firmware update. Come on Yuneec, such potential here, how about releasing it and being a real competitor?

Reactions: pctyphoon
I didn't know if it was a can't do it ,or just don't want to .
I guess if there is a two way stream of data to the camera , it's possible with a firmware update.

My bad. The method that I was using on OSX to examine the EXIF data for some reason wasn't displaying the altitude data. In conventional photography it would be less important as one would assume that the photographer was "on the ground" at the given lat/long. Sami, after seeing your EXIF.jpg, I utilized another method and the altitude was indeed captured. Thank you for showing me my error. My apologies to Yuneec for my incorrect assumption. I will strive for multiple verifications befor making future assumptions.

Reactions: Lumberjack0
Isn't the GPS data logged on the controller's SD card, like it is in the Q500?

So does this mean that the H is compatible with Drone Deploy? Has anyone tried this out yet?

All of the necessary exif data is included (currently) in the jpg images, which is what DroneDeploy utilizes. I have sucessfully uploaded a series of 30 or so images of my property and constructed a 3D representation. It even gave some suggestions to improving the images. I shot at 100' and it suggested I shoot at 200'. I also didn't take any oblique images so the sides of some objects were blurred, but that was to be expected.

Reactions: JCFlippen
What kind of camera are you using which only delivers such little information in raw...I use Canon and Sony and I get much more than that? Are you referring to just the Yuneec H camera or "raw"
in general?

www.michaelkienitz.com
I was at the time referring to the CGO3+ and this was posted prior to the firmware update

All of the necessary exif data is included (currently) in the jpg images, which is what DroneDeploy utilizes. I have sucessfully uploaded a series of 30 or so images of my property and constructed a 3D representation. It even gave some suggestions to improving the images. I shot at 100' and it suggested I shoot at 200'. I also didn't take any oblique images so the sides of some objects were blurred, but that was to be expected.
What software did you use? Drone Deploy? If yes how to install it on ST16 ?

Drone Deploy is designed around DJI software, not Yuneec's. if you can't obtain the results you are looking for it's because you are using incompatible systems. People need to spend a little more time looking at their EXIF data. Lat, Long, and Altitude are indeed present in CGO-3 photos but they format the Latitude and Longitude a little differently.

Drone Deploy is designed around DJI software, not Yuneec's. if you can't obtain the results you are looking for it's because you are using incompatible systems. People need to spend a little more time looking at their EXIF data. Lat, Long, and Altitude are indeed present in CGO-3 photos but they format the Latitude and Longitude a little differently.
KC3FPV said he did I just want to know what software he used?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis