Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec International Announces Pricing and Availability of Highly Anticipated Typhoon

Reaction score
Yuneec International Announces Pricing and Availability of Highly Anticipated Typhoon H
The Award-Winning Typhoon H Offers Professional Capabilities at an Unprecedented Price

Yuneec Typhoon H

ONTARIO, Calif., March 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Yuneec International, the world leader in electric aviation, has announced that its award-winning Typhoon H is available for pre-order starting today at consumer electronics retailers, popular online stores and specialized outlets world-wide. First customer deliveries will begin in two weeks. Originally unveiled at CES 2016, where it won numerous top awards, Typhoon H redefines the enthusiast drone. Pricing is set at a highly competitive suggested retail price of $1,299. Also, for a limited time, Typhoon H is being offered with a free Wizard controller, enabling team operation and GPS tracking of a subject.

"We're excited to bring our game-changing Typhoon H to market, opening access to creative possibilities previously only available in expensive professional platforms. Now, anyone can capture incredible aerial footage like never before," said Yu Tian, chief executive officer of Yuneec International. "It's our most advanced consumer drone ever, setting a new standard in capability and value, while being ready, easy and safe to fly."

An all-new six-rotor airframe provides a solid platform for the full 3-axis, 360-degree gimbal, and the new CGO3+ camera. In addition, the landing gear retracts during flight allowing unobstructed panning for breathtaking 4K videos and 12 megapixel stills. The Typhoon H also adds new flight and image capture modes including Point of Interest, Orbit, Curved Cable and Journey. Innovative new safety features include ultrasonic proximity detection to prevent collisions with obstacles, and a failsafe system allowing Typhoon H to remain stable and land if a motor should fail.

An additional benefit is the compact and user friendly design. Quick-disconnect propellers allow speedy installation and removal, and each rotor arm quickly folds down from its flight position for easy and compact transportation. Carbon fiber is used extensively to decrease weight while increasing durability.

Typhoon H comes with the professional quality Android-based ST16 controller, including a large 7-inch integrated display and HD 720p video downlink for stunning real-time video reception. An HDMI output allows external monitors and VR goggles to be used to monitor video. Available separately, an ST12 or Wizard controller can additionally bind to the Typhoon H for Team Mode, which allows one controller to operate Typhoon H and the other to operate the camera.

With the ability to add mission-specific modules, Typhoon H is the next generation compact platform for enthusiasts and professionals. To be announced within the next 6 weeks is an Intel® RealSense™ Technology module, which uses advanced computer vision processing to enable Typhoon H to dynamically alter course as it encounters obstacles as small as tree branches, while enabling the camera to continue tracking the subject. Future add-ons will also include specialized gimbal cameras which can be easily interchanged on the go.

Typhoon H builds on established Typhoon family features such as Geo-fencing, Variable Control Response, Dynamic Return Home, Low-Battery Return Home and FAA No Fly. For more information visit www.yuneec.com. The Typhoon Q500 family of drones continues to be available starting at the suggested retail price of $499.99.

SOURCE Yuneec International

RELATED LINKS
http://www.yuneec.com

Reactions: bushpilot
What about the price on the real sense module? Whats the difference between the ultrasonic sensors that are built in and the cameras on the Realsense. My thinking is built in will be limited obstacle collision avoidance like on the P4 rather than being able to navigate around. From what I've watched on the Phantom 4 it stops when and obstacle is in it's way.

What about the price on the real sense module? Whats the difference between the ultrasonic sensors that are built in and the cameras on the Realsense. My thinking is built in will be limited obstacle collision avoidance like on the P4 rather than being able to navigate around. From what I've watched on the Phantom 4 it stops when and obstacle is in it's way.

Yes a good point but the price of the standard/base model does look good though for 6 rotors and a 360 camera, I'm certainly going to try one for a generation as it will make a change from the DJI.

Hi Shantok,

Ultrasonic sensors will detect an object and stop machine within 5' of object and wait for further inputs from pilot. Intel RealSense will detect object and fly safely around it. We will be announcing final Typhoon H with RealSense pricing and availability in the next few weeks.

Pricing is set at a highly competitive suggested retail price of $1,299. Also, for a limited time, Typhoon H is being offered with a free Wizard controller, enabling team operation and GPS tracking of a subject.

Tim,

Is this the same package as the retail list price we have been hearing about around $1799.00?

Just wanted to check with Yuneec on their comment about up coming price for the Typhoon with RealSense coming soon. Want to make sure you can add the RealSense module later. I am very excited on this release.

I'm ready to buy and deciding between the P3P, P4, q5004k or the H. My question now is what comes with the H package? Does it come with a case and extra battery like the Q500? I looked on Yuneec's purchase now page and it doesn't seem to say what it comes with. It does say if you buy now it comes with the wizzard, but what about case and extra battery?

DJI's video shows the P4 choosing to navigate over obstacles that it comes across. So I think it has some logic built in to stop or bypass an obstacle.

Hi Shantok,

Ultrasonic sensors will detect an object and stop machine within 5' of object and wait for further inputs from pilot. Intel RealSense will detect object and fly safely around it. We will be announcing final Typhoon H with RealSense pricing and availability in the next few weeks.
Unless I misread, its 5 feet away AND you have to be flying in smart mode which limits you quite a lot to begin with.

To be honest, the ultrasonic sensors are nearly a useless feature in my opinion. As for smart mode, it should be impossible to take off in smart mode as I read more reports of Yuneec drones nearly causing catastophic accidents becuase the pilot is within the "safe zone" on take off and the drone promptly zooms off to get out of the radius and nearly hits someone or something. That's a little less than smart. If you allow takeoff in this mode when the pilot is inside the safe zone, why not disable the safe zone until the pilot moves the drone out of it after takeoff. Better yet, why not put a big flashy warning on the screen that you are inside the safe zone and refuse to takeoff rather than the completely undesirable action taken now?

Pricing is set at a highly competitive suggested retail price of $1,299. Also, for a limited time, Typhoon H is being offered with a free Wizard controller, enabling team operation and GPS tracking of a subject.

Tim,

Is this the same package as the retail list price we have been hearing about around $1799.00?

Typhoon H $1299 package includes the following.
  • - Typhoon H RTF Set
  • - FREE WIZARD (limited time offer)
  • - 3-axis CGO3+ gimbal camera
  • - ST16 Android® GROUND STATION 16-channel 2.4GHz with 7" HD TouchScreen, video downlink and FPV function
  • - 5,400mAh 4S 14,8V Li-Po battery (1pc)
  • - AC/DC charger
  • - 12VDC (car socket) and 120V~ power cord
  • - USB adapter cord
  • - Neckstrap and sunshade for ST16 GROUND STATION
  • - 2 Quick-Release Rotor Sets (3x Clockwise / 3x Anti-Clockwise)
  • - 16GB Micro SD-Card (With Instructions)
Yuneec will be announcing Typhoon H with RealSense pricing and availability soon.

Just wanted to check with Yuneec on their comment about up coming price for the Typhoon with RealSense coming soon. Want to make sure you can add the RealSense module later. I am very excited on this release.

Correct the IRS module is plug and play.

If not mistaking it h to b in turtle speed and Gps mode for the drone sensors to work. I've been waiting on this one myself, I h the chroma w has been a workhorse and customer support h been great also. I like the simplicity. I w like to h capabilities to get a live map w Gps location on screen, unless I'm missing something on that. I don't fly out of line of sight, usually , but it w b nice. My return home is very accurate also.

• - Typhoon H RTF Set
    • - ST16 Android® GROUND STATION 16-channel 2.4GHz with 7" HD TouchScreen, video downlink and FPV function
    • - AC/DC charger
    • - USB adapter cord
Yuneec will be announcing Typhoon H with RealSense pricing and availability soon.

So what happened to the original offering with 2 batteries and the carry case? Is this still available and what's the pricing on it?

just wondering about the possible latency on the HD downlink for the ST16 ? as we are so used to lightbridge a lot of us have forgotten about wifi downlinks since the P2V+ which was its achilles heel ? Would be nice to see some realtime footage of the CGO3+ on the ST16 so we can see the latency as there must be some given that the tablet will have to process the live input ?

• - Typhoon H RTF Set
    • - AC/DC charger
    • - USB adapter cord
Hello. I pre-ordered the $1299 package from B&H (USA) on 20 March 2016. I'm wondering if the "FREE WIZARD" controller will be included in that package. Or, is the FREE WIZARD only available for those that ordered direct through the Yuneec website?

Hello. I pre-ordered the $1299 package from B&H (USA) on 20 March 2016. I'm wondering if the "FREE WIZARD" controller will be included in that package. Or, is the FREE WIZARD only available for those that ordered direct through the Yuneec website?
I was told by Yuneec sales rep TODAY 4/4 that any orders place AFTER March 26th will NOT include the free Wizard. Luckily I put my order in on the 15th. They also stated that the H should begin shipping within 2 to 4 weeks with the earliest pre-order customers first on the list and in order of the purchase..

Thank you, but.... YIKES.... shipping in 2 to 4 weeks? That is not even close to the original reports of an early April availability date. We could be talking late April to sometime in May now.

• - Typhoon H RTF Set
    • - AC/DC charger
    • - USB adapter cord
When are they actually going to let all us preorder waiters know when, just when! it will ship? not a major question or feat to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval