Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec NFZ map

Reaction score
Hey all
Had a long conversation with Yuneec about their NFZ zones and they aren't that bad tbh.

Yuneec are basing their zones on this map: openAIP map

They have an 8 km zone from the center of all major airports, I recently flew inside one of the red zones but because I was 9 km away from the airport I didn't have any problems.

Reactions: oliver
Basically it is all Class B and Class C airports. Plus if you are a Part 107 pilot it is super easy to get a permanent unlock code.
In us yea but in Europe we have to send the drone in and pay 250 EUR to get a unlock code [emoji19]

Dang, there isn't to many places to fly?

In the US or Europe? In the US there are not that many Yuneec NFZ, just major Class B and C airports. And once the one and done free unlock (US) is done your only restrictions come from the FAA, some foreign based company that wants to be your nanny and steal your data.

Reactions: AKPhil
After 2020 the european drone law will be there and yuneec will need to inforce there NFZ ands keep it up to date for every country because otherwise yuneec will be banned to fly in Europe. They will loose there EC or EG label.

After 2020 the european drone law will be there and yuneec will need to inforce there NFZ ands keep it up to date for every country because otherwise yuneec will be banned to fly in Europe. They will loose there EC or EG label.

Hold on !!! in Switzerland there's no fly permit and NFZ are clearly legally defined... no need to input a wrong NFZ map into hardware.

See this map

If Swiss drone pilots want to fly in Europe after 2020 they will need a European fly permit.

Not really, swiss citizen obey to swiss laws concerning permits, (driving, boating, sailing, flying, ..) these permits are recognized at EU level as per agreements, no need to "pass" a specific EU permit. Inversely those who have EU permits are allowed to fly as per swiss laws in Switzerland and their (eventual) permit is recognized as a Swiss permit.

That's how I understand international EU-Swiss agreements, but maybe you have another understanding ?

Hey all
Had a long conversation with Yuneec about their NFZ zones and they aren't that bad tbh.

Yuneec are basing their zones on this map: openAIP map

They have an 8 km zone from the center of all major airports, I recently flew inside one of the red zones but because I was 9 km away from the airport I didn't have any problems.
Does this have a connection to that I cannot fly with GPS in red area... Only in manual mode with my Typhoon H+.
In my backyard I have normally flown lawfully, but now my new Typhoon H plus do not start engines at all if GPS?

I've been trying to navigate the terrible and glitchy US website to download the NFZ unlock....but no option for the H plus. How are US operators doing this firmware update? I really wish the US website would get fixed.

For the US Customer Service, "Contact Directly" = by telephone... not e-mail, not via their website "chat".

Reactions: AKPhil
Thanks. I'll save that for a day when I can sit on hold. Thank you. I've yet to hit a NFZ with this H plus, but I don't want an unpleasant surprise on a job. I left DJI over that.

Thanks. I'll save that for a day when I can sit on hold. Thank you. I've yet to hit a NFZ with this H plus, but I don't want an unpleasant surprise on a job. I left DJI over that.

The most effective strategy is to call between 8:05 AM and 8:15 AM Pacific Time... so for you that will be between 7:05 AM and 7:15 AM. During that window, you will still likely be able to do an appointment callback and at least not have to wait on hold. However you will need to be available, with whatever documentation needs to be provided to Yuneec for that NFZ unlock at that appointment time.

Sorry, I searched my posts and I had that question answered as the H520 has no NFZ. I am just trying to get all my ducks in a row before I spend what is a great deal of money for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval