Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec or DJI

Reaction score
Hey people: I am about to buy my first drone. My two choices are the DJI Phantom 4 Pro or the Yuneec typhoon H Pro. Since I have never flown a drone before I truly want to make the best choice as I want to start up a small side business. I have heard that the camera on the Phantom is better but the service is terrible.
Pls help because i think the yuneec looks so good.

Will the camera make or break your business? I prefer six engines, I do not like DJI. :D

Do yourself a favor and buy DJI. They are years ahead of any UAV company on the price tag you are looking for.

Do yourself a favor and buy DJI. They are years ahead of any UAV company on the price tag you are looking for.
Guess that is a matter of opinion. You can buy an H for $700 and batteries for $50. The P4P is $1500, batteries $170, and you still need a monitor. After charging the battery the H can be in the air 15 minutes later. With the P4P plan on a few hours creating an account with DJI, downloading and installing their app, then download and installing the updates, then wait to see if they will give you permission to fly. And for commercial work you may get grounded at any time by DJI when doing a money job. I see those complaints constantly.

So to paraphrase your recommendation, if money is no issue and you are satisfied with a foreign country deciding when you are allowed to fly, by all means, buy the P4.

Oh, BTW, I see the P4P warranty is 6 months. The H is 12 months.

Reactions: Pyrate
If that comes with the CGO3.......dang.....that's cheaper than buying just the camera from Yuneec or most Yuneec retailers............and all I need is a camera !!
Hurry...there were a few left earlier

Guess that is a matter of opinion. You can buy an H for $700 and batteries for $50. The P4P is $1500, batteries $170, and you still need a monitor. After charging the battery the H can be in the air 15 minutes later. With the P4P plan on a few hours creating an account with DJI, downloading and installing their app, then download and installing the updates, then wait to see if they will give you permission to fly. And for commercial work you may get grounded at any time by DJI when doing a money job. I see those complaints constantly.

So to paraphrase your recommendation, if money is no issue and you are satisfied with a foreign country deciding when you are allowed to fly, by all means, buy the P4.

Oh, BTW, I see the P4P warranty is 6 months. The H is 12 months.

You are right about it being a matter of choice Steve. I'm not a fan of any brand but the OP did say he was trying to choose between the Phantom Pro which comes with the 1" sensor. The camera alone makes it light years ahead of the TH.

Now as far as having a built in screen instead of using a phone or tablet I have both and prefer my tablet. Actually DJI did a poll of it's user base some 2 years ago for just that. Whatever the outcome we will never know. But low and behold they marketed their next craft with two options, a built in screen and traditional add on. That P4P+ version had a highly bright based monitor. The outcome of that was the vast majority of users opted out of the built in screen version (and yes it did have some issues out of the gate to be honest). The Mavic Pro does have a built in screen for some functions and yet while users liked the small portable new fold "drones". They did and still do mount much larger displays on them than even the stock holder allows for...Simply you will never please everyone, but if your smart...you'll please the vast majority.

I could give you many of posts from one of your Admins but I will just say he would argue with you till you are blue in the face about having to take updates. According to him you do not need to take them.
He also said he has no problems with customer service, any problem he had has been taken care in 20 minutes or less.

You did bring up some good points for the TH. It all comes down to using the right craft for the job at hand. He did say he is starting a business so he should have options.
Just trying to keep a open mind on both brands. :)

Last edited:
Hey people: I am about to buy my first drone. My two choices are the DJI Phantom 4 Pro or the Yuneec typhoon H Pro. Since I have never flown a drone before I truly want to make the best choice as I want to start up a small side business. I have heard that the camera on the Phantom is better but the service is terrible.
Pls help because i think the yuneec looks so good.

A lot of good comments so far but I would add another option. First; if you are new to UAV's don't buy either - just yet, especially if you have no prior RC experience. I would get a cheap drone to learn how to fly, in the mean time read through the pages of this forum and the DJI forum to see what people say about their experiences - without being asked specifics - this will give you a clearer picture.

Yuneec has announced the Typhoon H Plus which has a 1 inch sensor. It's expected May or June and yeah; we've heard all this before but, if they can get that right then that would be the aircraft I would recommend. I would add that before I bought the H, I was a DJI owner and was looking at the 3 Pro, Mavic and Inspire before coming across the H. I am a videographer but also I am a 107 operator that does Real Estate photography and that weighed heavy on my decision making process, and it went like this:

I absolutely loved the way the Marshmellow/Phantom flew but hated the way it looked, the feel and looks of the transmitter, the lack of a screen and the FACT that nearly every clip of video while moving was likely to see props - deal killer for me. Now granted, they can be photo-shopped out of images and with a lot of work even taken out of video but add to the fact the other items I mentioned and it just didn't make sense. The other thing was ROI. I wanted this drone to at the very least pay for itself in a timely manner and since it was going to be used in our photography business, I wanted something that if damaged could be replaced quickly, easily and cheaply. Yuneec had and still has bind-n-fly units, not to mention that now you can get a full rig all day long for under 800 and some deals as mentioned above a lot cheaper. I look at these things as tool and tools get lost broken or wore out, period. A lost, broken, or wore out - 500 dollar tool vs one that is 1,500 - 2,000 or more? When you add to the fact the items Steve point out in regards to having a company that has a strong grip on your flying permissions and the DJI to this day still does not makes since to me.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I would also post your question to the commercialdronepilots.com forum at the bottom of this page. You might get a better answer. Posting in the yuneec forum or the Phantom you probably will get different answers in each forum. :D

I would like to say that being new to this forum, i am very impressed with the great amount of people that helped me on my quest. I truly do appreciate the time and effort everyone has made. Thank You and happy flying.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
A lot depends on what business you think you want to start - taking shots of local real estate is very different from doing search and rescue, or thermal surveys, or providing videography, or mapping services. Be aware that if you're just thinking of flying as a 'man with a camera', the money is not particularly good. Also be aware that depending where you live, you may need a license, training and permission to fly.

You will get a lot more answers in commercialdronepilots.com from DJI pilots, because you can pick up a Phantom from your local Wallmart and call yourself a professional - and a lot of people have done exactly that. The times where you could fly a Phantom 3 and make money have pretty much gone though. Arguably, turning up at a commercial gig with any of the consumer DJI range will make your clients think you've got the same toy as their kid.

If you want to take nice pictures, pretty much any mid range drone will do - and as the Typhoon H is about to be replaced by a new machine (the H Plus), it can be got for a bargain price. Captain Drone does a comparison of the H against the Mavic Air as they're both in roughly the same price bracket at the moment - it's worth watching to understand where your money goes in different drones.

If you want to jump in with both feet, then the Typhoon H Plus is the closest competitor of the Phantom 4 Pro in terms of camera spec and price. Both should be able to produce excellent stills and professional looking (if not quite broadcast quality) video - if you are experienced as a video editor. They are quite different packages though - Yuneec and DJI have different priorities when it comes to drones, and that will suit different pilots. Once you're used to one of them, it feels a little odd to use the other. It's a lot like switching between Nikon and Canon, or Apple and Android.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy!
*User Manuals: Support Downloads

PS - there was a comment about how it takes "hours" to set up a DJI is not exactly accurate. My latest DJI took about 10 minutes and most of that time was unboxing it. Of course, I do have an account but so can you in a few minutes like any other site. And the updates are optional, so do it or don't do it (sometimes updates don't affect your particular aircraft). I think most of us have a smartphone or a tablet so you already have a monitor. As far as "letting you fly", as long as you don't live in the immediate large airport NFZ (within takeoff & landing zones) you will be able to fly. They are a bit heavy-handed in that department but I have yet been prevented from flying.
Millions of professionals rely on DJI aircraft every day. That being said, there also many professionals that use Yuneec every day. It really comes down to what your needs are and finding an aircraft that meet your particular needs.

"Millions" of professionals? I would question where you get your figures from.
OK, you got me. I may have exaggerated a little. :D It is probably more like tens of thousands.

I own several Phantoms and one H. My H is better suited for what I do hence gets most of my footage. I find the H camera good enough for what I do.

The H and P4P are both capable but have different abilities. The P4P has a better camera, longer flight time and works better far out; I find Lightbridge an advantage if flying BLOS although I do not recommend that.

On the other hand the H can fly in winds the P4P cannot. DJI's autonomous modes are a gimmick where Follow functions with the H are very useful. The 5 prop mode has saved my H more than once. The wide stance of the H gear means taking off in the wind is easy. The H is fast, over 50 mph and can get follow shots at over 40 mph without props in the shot. The 360 gimbal gets shots the P4P cannot and I could go on how useful the Wizard Wand is.

I appreciate both for what they are and would base your decision on need and not a Ford vs Chevy debate.

That being said I look forward to owning an H Plus. I dislike DJI GO 4, the constant Nagware and updates. My H is an excellent drone and at the current pricing is a ridiculous value. My needs are a bit unusual chasing vehicles in the desert where the H shines. For shooting real estate in fair weather the P4P is hard to beat even though it looks unprofessional.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zuhoouk