Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Sucks, Everything About Them Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Come on and bring out the bashers! But it's time for all of you to wake up and smell the roses! I have a great camera, no focus or anything needed! My H has been perfect till the 7/16 upgrade, then it crashed from a hover(Yes , all the proper cali's and expert flight checks) Just crashed, Yuneec is so stupid, they can't even tell my why!, Sent in, repaired, but only fly's 600-900 feet and "wammo" not telemetry!, Yuneec CS told me in three conversations to do this and do that, No better whatsoever!. Called this morning and one told me to redo the firmware, doubted his knowledge, but did any ways!, Well the piece of sh*t flew away, and if it was not for my quick thinking and years of RC knowledge it would be back in China!, Brought it home in non gps and had to fight it to land and shut off!
Now they say send it in to a bunch of techs that screwed it up the first time!.
This is in a box waiting for Monday morning.
The last Yuneec item, I will ever throw my cash away on! and I know they don't give a flying sh*t either.
I fly professionally and need reliability and safe performance ! Not a rushed out toy, made in China!
From now on, "MADE IN THE USA", Auzzie, or Europe! Till then I will build my own units and have only me to blame!!!!

Last edited:
There is a shocking amount of variance in these machines.... some people rock solid, others nightmare after nightmare....

They MUST be using different vendors for some of their parts or something.

Reactions: Bummpyjojo
*Cough* last time I checked Germany was in Europe ;-)

Sounds like a nightmare. Fortunately, mine is working well on the latest firmware but I do admit I doubt I will purchase another Yuneec product for a while, I'm enjoying the H immensely but the cons outweigh the pros.

What are you looking at next?

Damm thats bad news.....I wonder if there is difference between the EU and US versions all these problems seem to be on US H's?

I think others are approaching this frustration level but haven't reached it yet. Since you have experience with other drones you have expectations regarding reliability. I'm sure some will say "mine works perfect" but that's meaningless and irritating to someone who has tried their best to like the H only to finally say screw it I'm done. You'll get no flames from those who know better. It's a love hate relationship with my H but we'll see. Yes most brands have firmware problems that eventually get worked out but if you're relying on it for workit's a whole different level of anger. Good thing you have backup equipment to get your work done.

Reactions: DroneClone
Yea this has turned in to a huge mess. My H Pro flew away and crashed. I was able to convince them to send me an entire new retail package.... and now I think I'm probably just going to sell it before I fly it. That was I can keep the value of a new in box package.

Real shame - I Love everything about the H, but the uncertainty is just a bit too much at this point.

Reactions: JohnL
Come on and bring out the bashers! But it's time for all of you to wake up and smell the roses! I have a great camera, no focus or anything needed! My H has been perfect till the 7/16 upgrade, then it crashed from a hover(Yes , all the proper cali's and expert flight checks) Just crashed, Yuneec is so stupid, they can't even tell my why!, Sent in, repaired, but only fly's 600-900 feet and "wammo" not telemetry!, Yuneec CS told me in three conversations to do this and do that, No better whatsoever!. Called this morning and one told me to redo the firmware, doubted his knowledge, but did any ways!, Well the piece of sh*t flew away, and if it was not for my quick thinking and years of RC knowledge it would be back in China!, Brought it home in non gps and had to fight it to land and shut off!
Now they say send it in to a bunch of techs that screwed it up the first time!.
This is in a box waiting for Monday morning.
The last Yuneec item, I will ever throw my cash away on! and I know they don't give a flying sh*t either.
I fly professionally and need reliability and safe performance ! Not a rushed out toy, made in China!
From now on, "MADE IN THE USA", Germany, or Europe! Till then I will build my own units and have only me to blame!!!!
Here we go:
yuneec_global_map-420b9420.png

Quote from the the "about us" page of the US site About Us - Yuneec
So "MADE IN THE USA", Germany, or Europe" is not the case. R&D is done by USA and China. Manufacture is done in China only for understandable reasons.
One word about reliability of drones: regradless of the manufacturer, they are all banana ware in the end and will hopefully mature through the client one day. Some might never do so, I am afraid.
The direct competitors have big problems, too. The one with the three letters claims to have 2,500 R&D technicians. I sometimes wonder what they are all doing the whole day, when I see a friend of mine having build comparable drone units over 10 years ago as a one man show...
The concept of the YTH is great and has market leadership potential IMO. Let's see how steep Yuneec's learning curve will develop in the next few months.

Well that sucks. The other frustrating part of all these fly a ways is how Yuneec keeps saying they are not getting any reports like the forums and facebook are reporting. Are the just out and out lying? Do they get a bonus for handing out bull crap to the consumer when they call in?
This company has gone real bad real fast. Its to bad.
My next purchase will be a AUTEL ROBOTICS X-STAR 4K WIFI CAMERA, (ORANGE) 1 EXTRA BATTERY and not Yuneec.

The more I pop in here the more I am glad I didn't buy the H. I do love it heaps still and i guess I am hanging onto a fine thread hoping it will be sorted but reality sets in and I know it's a long way off before that happens. My original decision not to buy the H was because I was not impressed with the quality of the videos. So I stared looking at others out there to fill in the time before the H was sorted with its camera issues, while I was checking out videos of other birds on the market I came across the Autel XSP. Have to say the video posting were fantastic quality. So I took the risk and got one. Have not regretted it yet. Amazing video and a solid bird. Don't get me wrong guys, I so wanted the H, it was perfect for what I do but video quality was not there and I had to bite the bullet. I hope they work it out though because it is a fantastic setup.

Well that sucks. The other frustrating part of all these fly a ways is how Yuneec keeps saying they are not getting any reports like the forums and facebook are reporting. Are the just out and out lying? Do they get a bonus for handing out bull crap to the consumer when they call in?
This company has gone real bad real fast. Its to bad.
My next purchase will be a AUTEL ROBOTICS X-STAR 4K WIFI CAMERA, (ORANGE) 1 EXTRA BATTERY and not Yuneec.

You will love it. I'm a very happy chappy. Its a great bird. I would go the Premium though.

Reactions: mwfoshee
The more I pop in here the more I am glad I didn't buy the H. I do love it heaps still and i guess I am hanging onto a fine thread hoping it will be sorted but reality sets in and I know it's a long way off before that happens. My original decision not to buy the H was because I was not impressed with the quality of the videos. So I stared looking at others out there to fill in the time before the H was sorted with its camera issues, while I was checking out videos of other birds on the market I came across the Autel XSP. Have to say the video posting were fantastic quality. So I took the risk and got one. Have not regretted it yet. Amazing video and a solid bird. Don't get me wrong guys, I so wanted the H, it was perfect for what I do but video quality was not there and I had to bite the bullet. I hope they work it out though because it is a fantastic setup.

There are so many positives to the H setup... I'm really disappointed this is how its working out.

My return window to my original vendor JUST closed yesterday. The new replacement bird will be here on Tuesday. Guess I'll have to take a bit of a loss on selling it.... but easier to sell it new in box than crashed and for parts if this happens outside warranty.

Too bad really. Their service department is good, the concept is great... I am just not interested in paying $2,000 to be a beta tester.

You will love it. I'm a very happy chappy. Its a great bird. I would go the Premium though.
To me it is a P3 4K with just 500 meters range. I like the orange color though in case you will have to SAR it from snow :)
I don't want to stay on quad-zero-redundancy, screwing propellers, plastic shell and non-modular-camera. It might be a great bird but I really prefer my YTH (as long as it does what I say and until now it did so (knocking on wood!)).

Last edited:
The only reason I even considered Yuneek or Phantom/Inspire is for the auto features such as follow me, orbit etc...other than that I stick with my custom built rigs with 15lbs payloads to fly pro cams like CanonEOS and Red. Currently you cannot get those custom flight features in the larger pro rigs. Even FreeFly's Alta that cost $18k don't have auto flight modes..just the standard GPS/altitude hold.

There are so many positives to the H setup...
... Too bad really. Their service department is good, the concept is great... I am just not interested in paying $2,000 to be a beta tester.
That is what I think, too, at least about setup and concept. I personally visited the German service center (20 minutes car ride for me) just on the day of my YTH PRO RS amazon.de delivery. The charger did not work and the promised neck strap was missing. They were very friendly, gave me another charger and a neck strap on top.
If I hear about those YTH replacements I can only repeat myself: other manufacturers have problems, too. I just got my 3rd replacement P3P which has a GPS problem from the first flight (instead of shell cracks or obstructed motor error). The service is extremely friendly and I can highly recommend the company for their fast and professional customer service. But I must actually be a nightmare client for them because I always seem to experience their worst moments of production and repair output. For the price of 1 unit I already have the 4th unit which is waiting to be replaced by the 5th? Can they survive this or am I an exception to the rule?

LOL
Yes but Droneclones work great also till it got possessed and flew a way. :)

I've got the "abnormal flight condition checklist: disable GPS!" already learnt by heart and can recite it while sleeping... :)

Today I had a little strange experience (sunny day, clear blue sky), where I took of unintentionally in Smart Mode (was a bit early for a weekend's morning), and although I pushed the right stick forward, the bird flew to the right. I could not yaw, every lateral stick movement was causing a Smart Mode circle to the right.
Fortunately I could use the left stick down for landing and "chopped" only the tops of very thin and dry gras. (The Inspire would have had some problems chopping the thick lower ends!) Just after landing I noticed that the "Mode Switch" was in "Smart" detent. I normally check before T/O all the buttons and switches from left to right. But this time I missed the most important and promptly something else goes crazy for some reasons... (maybe I stood to close desregarding the Smart Circle rule and Yuneec does recommend Angle Mode for T/O anyway). That is the same reason for e.g. aviation accidents: a chain reaction of unpredicted events. Lesson learned: more sleep, more awareness and respecting the rules.

That is the same reason for e.g. aviation accidents: a chain reaction of unpredicted events. Lesson learned: more sleep, more awareness and respecting the rules.

The Typhoon H is a complicated and complex new introduction by a (relatively) new company in the drone business. It may well have an exciting future, thanks in part to Intel and their German subsidiary Ascending Technologies. With a modular design, it can support future upgrades and expansion. Out of the box, it (usually, lol) flies much easier than the $30 to $50 toys we all love. Later, as we get into the layers under layers, we must pay attention to a dozen or more variables in our flight. So tempting to try too much too fast, based on that "easy to fly' mentality. As vr-pilot points out, a small slip of attention can snowball in a heartbeat.

I intend to keep using Yuneec's H. I have a Pro and a standard, and the only problem I have had was of my own making. Lucky? Maybe, and if one flies away tomorrow...well, that's the way it goes, first your money and then your clothes.

vr-pilot, you use yours as a weed-eater. I do that a bit, but I have found mine makes an excellent leaf blower for my driveway. The neighbors look at me a bit fish-eyed, but what the hay. Lastly, I sincerely long for the days of USA manufacturing. My car has a UAW sticker on it. But, the truth is today nearly all drones or their components, including Autel, are manufactured in China. The real key is quality control.

Wow you just opened up a whole can or worms.........In defense of YUNEEC I have not had one single issue with my TH PRO. I have been out over 2600 feet with no drop out issues I am very happy with my TH PRO. I am assuming that the first batch of TH on the market seems to be the ones having issues. Lets hear from other TH PRO users?.............DC I understand your frustration .........I wish you luck my friend.

Reactions: DroneClone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis