Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Sucks, Everything About Them Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I chose Yuneec on a few factors.
!) I had $1500 saved up to get me started.
2) I gave a serious look at the inspire, but it was not an all in one package I could afford.
3) I read many a thread about customer service, and on the Q500 forums, while there were problems, there was also some support.
4) I wanted something that had an integrated controller, I did not want to have to buy separate displays or modules.
5) I wanted something that had follow me modes, and the CCC mode.
6) Something that was modular. ( still can't believe there are not other third party camera options)
7) Something that was more professional so maybe when I retire I could have a hobby and maybe some pocket change income.

The Typhoon H answered all my wants. At first it was very reliable for me, Now I wish I could go back to the original (Trust worthy) firmware.

Reactions: Agent K
I said I know you can fly good my friend, it must be two bad birds, where do you live? USA?

I feel like I REALLY dodged a bullet by getting my bird back from repair in time to send it back for a refund. I am shocked by how many reports I read about cameras, controllers, or H's being sent in for repairs. And people continue to defend it as if its somehow OK. Pretty crazy.

As with many groups, UAS's, cameras, and any other product. The groups usually have plenty of people that voice their problems with the product, because they have problems. And there are those that have good comments. However, most without problems are out using their products not looking for answers on groups. There are a lot of TH users out there with no problems. I as well as others on this group like myself that had an H that flew flawlessly until the first FW update. Unfortunately, we love our H and are holding on in hopes that the FW will be corrected, and we will again have an H that flies flawlessly. When we rely on it for business, it then puts us between a rock and a hard place and we have to make a difficult decision. I am fortunate, I have another business. I hope that those of you that do not are able to wait it out. Signs are improving in the past week and the light is starting to glow. Good Luck to all of your waiting. Fly Safe!

Reactions: Tuna and DroneClone
As with many groups, UAS's, cameras, and any other product. The groups usually have plenty of people that voice their problems with the product, because they have problems. And there are those that have good comments. However, most without problems are out using their products not looking for answers on groups. There are a lot of TH users out there with no problems. I as well as others on this group like myself that had an H that flew flawlessly until the first FW update. Unfortunately, we love our H and are holding on in hopes that the FW will be corrected, and we will again have an H that flies flawlessly. When we rely on it for business, it then puts us between a rock and a hard place and we have to make a difficult decision. I am fortunate, I have another business. I hope that those of you that do not are able to wait it out. Signs are improving in the past week and the light is starting to glow. Good Luck to all of your waiting. Fly Safe!
Late and typing fast, sorry for spelling errors.

Exactly my take !:rolleyes:

Well.. Weather better..Feeling better.. Gonna fly. But after reading all this I think i'll leave my H in original firmware.. What i read here scare the living **** out of me!. Mine last flew in early june and it flew fine. I'll leave it alone and see if it still flies fine..!

Reactions: DroneClone
Well.. Weather better..Feeling better.. Gonna fly. But after reading all this I think i'll leave my H in original firmware.. What i read here scare the living **** out of me!. Mine last flew in early june and it flew fine. I'll leave it alone and see if it still flies fine..!
Smart move!

I feel like I REALLY dodged a bullet by getting my bird back from repair in time to send it back for a refund. I am shocked by how many reports I read about cameras, controllers, or H's being sent in for repairs. And people continue to defend it as if its somehow OK. Pretty crazy.
So if you returned your H I presume you no longer fly one. Why are you still hanging out here firing shots? Sounds like you were treated well which is far different than many other companies.

I have a very good service story to share. I mailed back my camera and gimbal a week ago yesterday. Friday I got an email they had checked it in at Yuneec USA. This morning I got another notice stating they were working on it. Just moments ago I got a final notice that they were mailing me a brand new camera and gimbal at no cost to me, not even shipping. The tracking number is included. And this is on a camera that I crashed due to my error. I sent in for repair and paid a few dollars last month. It started acting up again and they send me a new one. I wasn't expecting that and could not be more satisfied. And total turn around time will be about two weeks. Great job Yuneec!

Reactions: Agent K and Rayray
I've not seen massive widespread reports of crashing and fly aways, where are the reports? I have seen far less reports with the Typhoon H than practically any new firmware on say a DJI Phantom. If you want to see fly away reports check out phantompilots.com.
Just spoke to tech supervisor yesterday. She stated that of the 3 million yuneec drones sold that the reports of fly aways is very low. With that said she also reported that the H's are definitely having issues with fly aways.

There are those that are going to complain if they are hung with a new rope but that doesn't mean that the guys reporting the fly aways are bitching for no reason. I can say with no doubt that I've had 2 fly aways back to back and Yuneec has confirmed that they were not due to my surroundings or self inflicted.

Chevy's had a problem with the key/ignition getting stuck in the wrong mode. That doesn't mean that every Chevy is going to have that problem. Jeeps had issues with the electronic gear shifts not staying in park. It doesn't mean that every Jeep is going to jump out of park. If enough people are having the issue then it's an issue. Many are reporting the same fly aways with corresponding compass 32 errors. What are the odds that I'd get 2 back to back and 1 after the compass and GPS module were replaced?

Chevy's had a problem with the key/ignition getting stuck in the wrong mode. That doesn't mean that every Chevy is going to have that problem. Jeeps had issues with the electronic gear shifts not staying in park. It doesn't mean that every Jeep is going to jump out of park. If enough people are having the issue then it's an issue. Many are reporting the same fly aways with corresponding compass 32 errors. What are the odds that I'd get 2 back to back and 1 after the compass and GPS module were replaced?

That's a far more mature attitude than some of the mudslingers. I wonder if you got the two machines from the same batch? Did you keep track of serial numbers? As you say, the number of returns is low, but where people do have problems, it seems to be the same couple of faults again and again. That's frustrating, but it also suggests that it's fixable. If everyone was having different random problems then we'd just have to say it's not a reliable platform. Thankfully that's not the case.

Reactions: Rayray
That's a far more mature attitude than some of the mudslingers. I wonder if you got the two machines from the same batch? Did you keep track of serial numbers? As you say, the number of returns is low, but where people do have problems, it seems to be the same couple of faults again and again. That's frustrating, but it also suggests that it's fixable. If everyone was having different random problems then we'd just have to say it's not a reliable platform. Thankfully that's not the case.

1st crash they replaced the compass and GPS module. 2nd crash occured on October 1st. I did the calibrations each time and got 1 full flight with no errors and rock solid flight. On both crashes on the second flight I launched and go to about 10 feet and hover to make sure there are no issues of falling out of the sky at extreme volocity from 100 feet. The H headed straight forward(South) on its own accord and did not respond to any commands from the st16.

To jump on the bandwagon of the mudslingers I had to call 5 times yesterday as they had completely messed up on getting me a replacement. It was the first time I was completely frustrated with Yuneec and the tech supervisor. 1 tech tells me they're sending me a BNF after the supervisor put in the notes that the st16 was also having issues and the consumer(me) needed a complete replacement.

Not a big fan of CS and quite fearful of flying the replacement as I've told them that I'm the red headed step-child of tech.

I have no problem with Typhoon H but the camera can make better results with the peau lens and mount:

Very Nice video, Do you have a source, part number, and possibly instructions for installing this lens. I have two THs and would like to upgrade one to this lens for detailed work. Thanks

I don't see the evidence for this. There's a thread on here entitled 'Has anyone here experienced a fly-away..'. It's been on the forum for just short of two months and has a total of 8 people who've said they've had a fly away. 8 is not MASSIVE, WIDESPREAD.

I'm also on a number of Facebook Groups and I have no idea where you're seeing your many reports of fly aways. Seriously. I get that you're upset about your incident, and bailed out for a different drone. That's fine, but it sounds like it's colouring your views more than a little.

Given the number of YTHs flying, we would see more than a handful of complaints. However, what we are seeing is a number of users who appear whenever there is an incident and 'cheer on' the poor soul who had a crash. That is not MASSIVE, WIDESPREAD - it's ambulance chasing.

I am the poster boy for fly aways. I've had 2 back to back and Yuneec has verified that they are the H's fault not the fliers or the surroundings. I don't have the time to go post on every Yuneec forum on the internet to prove there is a problem. I don't have enough time to fill out every poll either as I'm busy just sending in my drone and then following up with tech support so they don't send it back without fully checking all the issues I've had.

Tech support has screwed up every time repeatedly of the 3 times I've sent it in. I've posted the telemetry files on FB's 3 Yuneec groups that I belong too. I can post them here if needed but then it'll be user error or just an incident that I alone am having or I'll be accused of flying out of range or that the KP was to high etc.

The fact is that I had 2 incidents where KP was low, wind was low, weather was fine and the flights were less than 30 seconds at a height of 10 feet and the H flew 300 feet away from launch on its own. All of them in angle mode and I barely had time to hit RTH. There was no time for me to look down and disable GPS. The first time I had done the 9/1 updates and flew a whole battery with no issues. The next flight I launched and brought it to 10 feet like the 50 flights before and it did not respond to flight controls and RTH. Flew into a tree. Sent it to Yuneec and they repaired and I recalibrated and flew one full battery with no issues and the second flight it flew into a yacht.

I am not posting this to dis Yuneec to just *****. If anyone doubts my crashes I will defer to Steve Carr. He is aware of the issues I've been having. I really wanted Yuneec to do well but my experience has been horrible since the 9/1 update. I've been more than patient with all techs at Yuneec on every call and I'm probably getting close to 50 calls. I've talked to Sabrina, Alvin, 2 Andrews, 2 Mikes, Nesha, 2 of the guys who fly them after troubleshooting etc. and many more. I'm literally tired of being a beta tester for them. I need a stable unit to start up my business to inspect wind towers in my area. I can't fly a unit that flies away on its own with 2 million dollars of equipment for me to take out. If this were a car or a airplane I wouldn't step foot into it again!

Even the supervisor stated that the H's are having more issues with fly aways than the other Yuneec products. I'm now waiting for a replacement unit and I'm paranoid about flying this thing!

Last edited:
Reactions: eric bee and Baymax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots