Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

YUNEEC Typhoon H Hexacopter, ST16 Pro, GCO3+ Camera w/ Real Sense Installed

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing this unit off of ebay that has an asking price for refurbished unit with 90-day warranty with very good seller reviews for 724.00 What would be a good offer on this unit as I am looking to get going and new to the hobby. I built a racing drone 3 years ago, but I want to do photography and love the Hex idea with more than 4 means safety.

thank you for the site hear as reading

I presume the model you are looking at has RealSense. It's been my experience that most people who have that module rarely use it after the first few flights and many people remove it. So you can save a bit by looking at models w/o it. The same dealer has one for $640.

Reactions: 7cyclops
I presume the model you are looking at has RealSense. It's been my experience that most people who have that module rarely use it after the first few flights and many people remove it. So you can save a bit by looking at models w/o it. The same dealer has one for $640.
thank you I will go and look

I paid 700. for mine almost 2 years agoH 480 pro w realsense. Steve Carr is correct,as I have never used realsense. As far as the 480 or typhoon H I thoroughly enjoy it. No desire to go back or forward. I have two Q500's also and love these big birds. Peace KC

Reactions: Tazmanic
Need your opinion- Is there any other questions I should as? ST16 version?

the reason considering it comes with a backpack and wizard wand that the other for 600.00 does not and would need to purchase.

The listing our messages are tied is the older version. Although they have been refurbished to be like the newer ones. The one with the RealSense unit installed is a newer version and I would recommend the RealSense over this one. They may not have the latest firmware installed though. We do leave that option up to our buyers as some do not want the latest version. I would be willing to $675 on the unit with the RealSense Module installed. Let me know your thoughts! And no need to apologize whatsoever. It is always good to be thorough and we are here to help however we can.

Last edited:
The Real Sense is not worth the extra cost. Likewise, the wizard is a great idea, but it offers little. I have one that I've used once and haven't found it worthwhile. Don't go for the least expensive overall, but the drone, camera, controller (with sunscreen), battery, charger and backpack is your best option. You can update or downgrade the firmware in any event.

For the Typhoon H you will want the latest firmware from early 2017. There is no advantage to earlier firmware for this drone. It can be found in the Yuneec Downloads on yuneecskins.com.

I would not recommend those kind of platform to new users that only want to push buttons to take pictures & make movies without understanding what is hapening doing so. It is machines for Pilots and people addicted to technique first. If you are photographer that don't give a **** to flying technics and want to hide behind the many automatisms of the drone, you probably will be disapointed. My words here are not against photographers : in my opinion it is easier to start flying and then learn photography than the opposite.
Coming from racer's world, if you want to discover a smoother plateform and do lovely pictures, you are welcome and you will find here many passionate that will not hesitate to share and help you whenever necessary.
Always, in my opinion, you will not find the equivalent of this support elsewhere.

Reactions: 7cyclops
The Typhoon H is a very stable flying camera platform that is easy to fly in comparison to “cheap” toy drones. It is very stable in wind and as long as you remember to have the Rate Slider in full rabbit when landing it does not do the hop, skitter, and tip over that many say is an issue.

The package I bought a little over two years ago had the RealSense and the Wizard Wand. I have used both on occasion, but can count on one hand how many times. I would spend the money saved on those to get a 4Hawks antenna to pair with the ST16 to maintain a better video feed.

I am looking at purchasing this unit off of ebay that has an asking price for refurbished unit with 90-day warranty with very good seller reviews for 724.00 What would be a good offer on this unit as I am looking to get going and new to the hobby. I built a racing drone 3 years ago, but I want to do photography and love the Hex idea with more than 4 means safety.

thank you for the site hear as reading
I'm curious if you bought this and if so, how is it? I believe I'm looking at the same offer right now on ebay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval