Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Typhoon H with ITELITE upg Dashware Range Test using ST16

Ted

Reaction score

Greetings all, just got the ITELITE antenna upgrade today. Got to 1700 feet through the trees with rock solid video and no N/A on the telemetry.

Reactions: yuneec53
Get that on stock in about the same settings, Averaging about 6,000' on DBS, and been times I could have keep going, but need to gain her trust fully first !

Never got beyond 1500' with stock in the same area, with lots of video dropouts and artifacts. 6000' is very far. I don't know if I could ever trust her that much, but that's just me. I'm certainly happy with the improvement so far. Earlier today I was shooting the preparations for a country music festival here. It was a downtown, urban area. I got 200 feet away with the stock setup and the video started flashing. There were some power lines between the bird and controller which could have made an impact, also a cell tower was nearby. Most of my shooting is LOS. I feel very uncomfortable when not seeing the craft visually. I can pilot okay with just the video, but I dislike it.

Reactions: m5zealot
Never got beyond 1500' with stock in the same area, with lots of video dropouts and artifacts. 6000' is very far. I don't know if I could ever trust her that much, but that's just me. I'm certainly happy with the improvement so far. Earlier today I was shooting the preparations for a country music festival here. It was a downtown, urban area. I got 200 feet away with the stock setup and the video started flashing. There were some power lines between the bird and controller which could have made an impact, also a cell tower was nearby. Most of my shooting is LOS. I feel very uncomfortable when not seeing the craft visually. I can pilot okay with just the video, but I dislike it.
So was I when I first ventured into the "Twilight Zone" , but you get to trust your bird, then you get to feel more comfortable. I rarely ever fly out of line of sight, But once in a while my work has me need to in order to film a 10,000 farm/ranch for mapping. I just send in a COA request to local FAA on my 333 and 24 hrs later, walla, a COA permit!

Reactions: Old Jar Head
Yes , flying around towers, lines and even houses with wifi's greatly distorts the signals alot! Even a cell phone in your pocket with wifi on will too !;)

So was I when I first ventured into the "Twilight Zone" , but you get to trust your bird, then you get to feel more comfortable. I rarely ever fly out of line of sight, But once in a while my work has me need to in order to film a 10,000 farm/ranch for mapping. I just send in a COA request to local FAA on my 333 and 24 hrs later, walla, a COA permit!
Tried the new fpvlr antennas today, only got 1750 feet before I lost signal, first trees were 700 feet away, and I was at 400 feet.?

Tried the new fpvlr antennas today, only got 1750 feet before I lost signal, first trees were 700 feet away, and I was at 400 feet.?
I have "personally" had better luck with my DBS than my FPVLR, others will state differently, It's all about locations, Also make sure you have either pointed butt perfect at the bird at all times as they are very, very directional !

I have "personally" had better luck with my DBS than my FPVLR, others will state differently, It's all about locations, Also make sure you have either pointed butt perfect at the bird at all times as they are very, very directional !
Ill do another test tomorrow in a different direction, you dont think the DBS is as directional>?

Boy this st16 is a little crazy when it comes to reading pics from the sd cards
some times it will sometimes it wont, and it never does on a SDXC CARD,
HAD TO REFORMAT IT TO A FAT32

Ill do another test tomorrow in a different direction, you dont think the DBS is as directional>?
I have found that they are pretty close in terms of being directional and distance, what I have found is the DBS gives me a little bit more forgiveness if I move controller slightly left or right, not a whole lot better ! But I do not like the weak, flimsy FPVLR antennas bending and moving everytime I bump it or store it. Just my personal taste !

Yes Fat32 is what the format requires. I personally never us the 16 for viewing videos with a sd card. Mine go straight from the camera to my 4K TV or computer for viewing/editing !

Beat my own distance record tonight, over 8000 feet with FPVLR antennas. Here's a pic right before telemetry went out at about 7200 feet. I still had clear video and flight control so I went another 1000 feet or so before the screen froze up. Posting a video of the entire flight shortly

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 34

Greetings all, just got the ITELITE antenna upgrade today. Got to 1700 feet through the trees with rock solid video and no N/A on the telemetry.
Please help, how to load the telemetery flightlog data to the dashware,
I follow the video from the dashware net, but there was an error when I load the flightlog
please help, and from the youtube the video is for yuneec Q500 and is not for Typhoon H.
(the flightlog for Q500 and typhoon H are difference)

Hello guys, So what's the decision on these antenna ITELITE or the fpvlr? I'm about to order one or the other and really want to make the best choice the first time.
Thanx

My experience has been that I never want trees between me and the drone, no matter the distance or altitude. I've gone out 1 mile at 400 ft elevation with LOS (if I had telescopic vision, ha) with stock equipment before loosing video. Is there any reason to believe that one the after market antennas will improve the tree interference issue? I live in a state with lots of trees.

LOL ya trees aren't in my plans I've read so many negative things about the H radio strength that I just want reassurance and piece of mind.

I can't comment on fpvlr antennas, but I am happy with my Itelite antenna (First run was yesterday). I have rock-stable video on my controller. While I did perform a range test (Video is posted in the Photos & Videos section), my main goal was to achieve stable video/controller/telemetry communication within 1/2-3/4 mile range I like to stay in.

Reactions: Windluv
Get that on stock in about the same settings, Averaging about 6,000' on DBS, and been times I could have keep going, but need to gain her trust fully first !

That's amazing! Guys please keep in mind your results are directly impacted by where you live too. I live in a city with 5 major airports, tall buildings, high winds, secret military installations with lots of radar disc/antennas for god knows what, and cell phone towers littering the landscape. The farthest distance I have gotten with stock 3 antennas is 900 feet before losing video! My Q500 4K got about 1,000 feet with Intelite DBS. I'll be ordering the DBS for the H this weekend. I'm not interested in going further than my LOS (old eyes!) but, again want more penetration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval