Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Typhoon H3 or Evo 2 pro?

Reaction score
Seriously here guys.
I’m looking to purchase a new drone in the next 6 - 10 months.
I absolutely love my Typhoon H, it’s a great craft that I’ve enjoyed operating the last couple years, However it is time to upgrade.
I had planned on saving and purchasing a new Typhoon H3 but with the new Autel Evo 2 pro coming I’m leaning towards that one.

As neither platform has any in depth user reviews it’s much too soon to be making judgement calls. It would be insane to use advertising specs to form a decision.

I’m leaning more in one direction than the other but need to be more informed than I am now.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
As neither platform has any in depth user reviews it’s much too soon to be making judgement calls. It would be insane to use advertising specs to form a decision.

I’m leaning more in one direction than the other but need to be more informed than I am now.

PatR, I completely understand your POV. That’s why I’m waiting at least 6 months if not longer.

my main reason for purchasing a new drone is mainly portability, which points heavily toward the Evo 2 pro.

Their expensive products, it's best to wait as long as possible, it will interesting to see the uptake of the H3? I suspect quite a few don't want their fingers burnt.

Thats a real shame, it should be a sure thing. Yuneec really needs to knock this one out of the park.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Seriously here guys.
I’m looking to purchase a new drone in the next 6 - 10 months.
I absolutely love my Typhoon H, it’s a great craft that I’ve enjoyed operating the last couple years, However it is time to upgrade.
I had planned on saving and purchasing a new Typhoon H3 but with the new Autel Evo 2 pro coming I’m leaning towards that one.

I, like @Mrgs1 have to ask: What, are you looking to upgrade? If it is the camera, then there are several choices but if it is something else, then that will play into the mix.

As the consumer 'drone' market evolves, we are quickly reaching a point that we are bombarded with the 'possibilities' just around the corner, but we are faced with the age old dilemma - 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush' - so if we chase these future promises, are we missing out on what we can achieve today?

My belief is, that in the current consumer 'drone' market, in which every manufacturer is 'promising' to out-do the next; we need to critically evaluate what it is we need (specifically) over and above our current capability, and then evaluate what (if any) product exists that can accomplish that mission.

For those of us who have followed Yuneec (or any other manufacturer); how many months have we sat on our hands waiting, without word, from the manufacturer? The H3; as well as the EVO2 series, the Phantom 5, Skydio2, Mavic 3. . . . .and on and on and on - are pie in the sky, are they not? Just recently we got a glimpse of the EVO2 8K and; come to find out, it can't even stand up (image-wise) to either the Mavic Pro2 or Zoom, and the H3?

Long story short - you said you want to buy in 6 to 10 months? My advise would be to save your money, think about what you really need, and when you're ready - pick from what is available based upon what is actually known about those products.

Totally agree. Those 2nd hand I-2's at B&H are considerably more capable than either the Evo2 or H3, for pretty much the same money as the H3. They handle (have a control "feel" and response) almost exactly the same as a 920, and there's no shortage of camera options.

Totally agree. Those 2nd hand I-2's at B&H are considerably more capable than either the Evo2 or H3, for pretty much the same money as the H3. They handle (have a control "feel" and response) almost exactly the same as a 920, and there's no shortage of camera options.
I really do t want another DJI, one was enough for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval