Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What should YUNEEC do about the landing gears?

• Make them come down automatically if you get too close

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Make the S16 Ground Station vibrate and/or have an audible alarm warning you

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Both

Votes: 21 52.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
People wanted to know, "Do the landing gears on the H come down automatically if you forget and are too close to the ground?" We wanted to find out and this is what the answer is:

For all your drone needs: www.AcesDeals.biz or 888.239.2644

It has been stated on this forum by Yuneec themselves. Click the RTH switch and the gear will come down automatically before the Typhoon lands.

I think in RTH mode, either selected by the pilot, or due to low battery/ electrical problem detected on the H that the gear should auto deploy. May be an added feature that the H will not come lower than X feet to the ground if the gear is NOT lowered when in any other mode.

In your video, I am assuming that you were Angle Mode.
We need to see a test in RTH mode.

Last edited:
I expect some instances in which I will want to fly at low level of 3-4' with landing gear up and doing video (my fruit orchard). I would not want the controller vibrating the entire time I was doing so, that would be very distracting. In my 10 flights or so I never had a problem remembering to lower the landing gear but did forget to raise it a few times until I saw them in my camera. Since landing is already a slow deliberate act the pilot would normally be watching for touchdown anyways so I don't really see a problem here.

I expect some instances in which I will want to fly at low level of 3-4' with landing gear up and doing video (my fruit orchard). I would not want the controller vibrating the entire time I was doing so, that would be very distracting. In my 10 flights or so I never had a problem remembering to lower the landing gear but did forget to raise it a few times until I saw them in my camera. Since landing is already a slow deliberate act the pilot would normally be watching for touchdown anyways so I don't really see a problem here.
I agree, I would like to have the option of low altitude flight without the gear down. There should be maybe a warning on screen that you can ignore

I think in RTH mode, either selected by the pilot, or due to low battery/ electrical problem detected on the H that the gear should auto deploy. May be an added feature that the H will not come lower than X feet to the ground if the gear is NOT lowered when in any other mode.

In your video, I am assuming that you were Angle Mode.
We need to see a test in RTH mode.

You are right I was in angle...will test RTH this weekend! look for the update and subscribe to my channel on youtube idroneudrone

At least the option to turn on/off warnings....kind of like in windows when it asks you yes or no upon opening a program you can turn that off in the user control section of the controlpanel.

Sadly today I broke the landing gear on one side of my Typhoon H . Now one of the legs moves freely and no longer will go up or down with the controller . Is there a store in canada online where I can order another landing gear (was only one side) , right now my drone is grounded till I can get the landing gear fixed .

Thanks

Sadly today I broke the landing gear on one side of my Typhoon H . Now one of the legs moves freely and no longer will go up or down with the controller . Is there a store in canada online where I can order another landing gear (was only one side) , right now my drone is grounded till I can get the landing gear fixed .

Thanks

You may order from Yuneec 1-844-898-6332

YUNTHH109 - Retract module (1pc)
YUNTHY110 - Landing gear assembly (1pc)

Reactions: Suncoast
I want to know how the landing gear broke. Please do tell so I don't do it myself.

trouble is if you want to some ground skimming shots you dont want the landing gear coming down because the IPS has detected the ground, i would much rather just have the ST16 warn me

Was flying it in a big gym showing a group of people the drone , was coming down for a landing when all of a sudden lost link to the controller then it landed hard breaking the landing gear , when it hit hard it was off balance and flew itself along the floor till it hit a wall breaking 3 blades .

Called Yuneec support and there sending the parts to repair it along with 6 blades for $99/us (I live in canada)

Was flying it in a big gym showing a group of people the drone , was coming down for a landing when all of a sudden lost link to the controller then it landed hard breaking the landing gear , when it hit hard it was off balance and flew itself along the floor till it hit a wall breaking 3 blades .

Did you disable GPS well flying in gym?

Did you disable GPS well flying in gym?

Yes gps was disabled , I believe it was interference from all the wifi being used cause the lost comunication to the controller . Telemetry shows the loss communication to the drone but does not give me a reason .

Called Yuneec support and there sending the parts to repair it along with 6 blades for $99/us (I live in canada)

That must of been an interesting show for the spectators (especially those who caught it on video). Must have been too much interference in the gym which caused the disconnect with the controller, especially if you are not facing the drone with RC (i.e. turned your back on it ).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis