Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec1 Inch Sensor Which Reportedly Fits 480 Part #

Before the announcement of the new camera I was researching for my next aircraft and had decided I would first find the camera and then build the copter to carry it. I really like what Sony has done with that big sensor in their point and shoot line - the RX100

An apples to apples real world comparison of the C23 is not really possible but maybe there is a sort of an apple to pear comparison. The same Sony Exmor sensor that is currently in the P4P line and will be in the C23 is also in the RX100 as well as a newly introduced action camera sized camera; the RX0, all from Sony and all having the 1" 20 mega-pixel sensor.

The Sony RX100 is now in it fifth version - the Mark V and currently sells for 948.00 dollars US. This camera shoots and records 4K at 30fps and takes 20 MP stills. The images out of this camera can rival far more expensive DSLRs in some areas.

The other versions, Marks I thru IV sell for 448.00 to 898.00 but only in the 4th and 5th versions was the camera able to record internally; any video resolution higher than 1080.
The same holds true with Sony's RX0 - it can shoot 4K but not record it.
These camera all have excellent lenses, far better than what we will get on the C23 so in that respect they are a better value.

The C23 has a three axis gimbal attached to it as well as a video and data transmitter AND it can record 4K at 60 fps. So considering that if we can get the whole Typhoon H Plus for 1499.00$ I think it will be a pretty good value. I still want to see what the camera can really do though. My guess is Yuneec will want a premium on the first cameras sold individually but over time we're likely to see the retail lower to a price in line with the others

Sony RX 100.jpg RX0.jpg P4P.jpg C23.jpg

So at $990 (introductory sales price) for a camera they must not want to sell too many. I really don't get Yuneec's marketing program. An exchangeable camera is only a selling feature if the cameras are reasonably priced. Being two thirds the price of a complete new drone is not reasonable.

I hear what you are saying but that is how it is in the tech and electronics market. As in the example above the Mark V is basically a 1000 bucks; the older version that has nearly all the same capability but is a couple year since release is 450.00. Currently if you crash your H and need to replace the camera (CG03+) - its 549.00 - you can get a complete Typhoon H for 700.00. I'm not agreeing with it but just stating that as new tech sales go, its about right.

As for not selling too many of them? If the release comes in a timely manner and they work right out of the box and produce a good image, I wouldn't bet on that.;)

The price delta and resolution delta are reasonably comparable... IMHO (assuming published specs pan out as reasonably accurate) they are simply bundling the entire package at a "We'll make you an offer you can't refuse" price. As far as lens quality... I'm sure PixAero is already working on their H+ upgrade. :)

Last edited:
Yup, a firmware update is required but it will fit the current Typhoons (480) with or without RealSense. Can't wait!

Key Features
  • 1” CMOS sensor
  • 20 megapixel photos
  • 4 K video resolution at 60 frames per second
  • Compatible with the Typhoon H / Typhoon H Pro and Typhoon H Pro with Intel® RealSense™
YUNEEC C23 | 1
how much does that cost?
the camera.

In case there is any confusion, for those watching this thread, keep in mind that the current exchange rate (Pounds to Dollars) is 1.42
Dr Delta's post from (#16) is Pounds
IF the price here in the states will be the same (and no one knows for sure) - would be as follows

C23 Retail Price...............................1132.21 Dollars = 799.00 Pounds

C23 Preorder Price...........................991.92 Dollars = 700.00 Pounds

PreOrder Deposit required............. 354.26 Dollars = 250.00 Pounds

( I remember a time when you could get £1 = $1.85 at one point back in the 1990's. Great for the traveler going over to the states. Happy days).

Your youth is showing:). Long before all this “world economy” crap came about the British Pound was at one time worth almost 4 American Dollars.

Your youth is showing:). Long before all this “world economy” crap came about the British Pound was at one time worth almost 4 American Dollars.
Before decimalisation of the pound in 1971, UK used pounds, shillings and pence. Two pounds and sixpence was officially known as a half-crown and colloquially known as half-a-dollar. This usage goes back to Napoleonic times when the British ran out of money (so what's new?) and used Spanish dollar coins which were worth five shillings.

Now who's showing their age? End of history lesson.

Dollars or pounds, some of us hobbyists will have to think long and hard about the cost of the C23 but commercially it may make sense as an upgrade.

Thanks for saying I'm still a young lad;)

I only remembered it was around £1.00=$1.85 back in the '90s because that was the period that we used to fly over to the states for holidays. First time around 1989 and the last time in 2000. Not been there since. (my wife has since died. She used to love USA)

Yes, I remember the half crown: Two and six. In decimal that's 12.5 New pence. When I were at school it was all pounds shillings and pence.

As much as I've tested and dialed in the CGO3+ I'm afraid it is just a glorified GOPRO. I have a Sony 4K rig I shoot with a 1" sensor for most of my projects and I love the quality it produces. Would be great if Yuneec would come close with the C23. I imagine if we hang in there for a while you will see it at around $700 US. I'll buy it at that price point.

Good grief! For $1150 US, I'm most or half way to a new drone. I'm shocked. Was expecting $700 US max. Not making it easy to sell my P4P, which I really want to dump. $300 more and you can get a P4P new. Maybe a discount for those of us patiently waiting for the last year and a half. ;)
Ohhh, but it's gonna be so awesome....I can't wait.

Reactions: Roach
I have a Sony 4K rig I shoot with a 1" sensor for most of my projects and I love the quality it produces.
I have one of those also (AX100) and love the results. But it is a lot bigger than the C23 even if you discount the battery, lenses and adjustment features. I can only hope that the compact C23 will be as good as my Sony camcorder.

I just got a Panasonic LX10 with a three axis gimbal to do ground work which also has the 20MP 1 inch CMOS sensor and the video out of this little camera is simply stunning. While the lens on the LX is far better than is likely to ever be on a consumer UAV, if the C23 is close to the competition in quality and I suspect it should be; it will be a good match for the LX10.

Reactions: rdonson
I just got a Panasonic LX10 with a three axis gimbal to do ground work which also has the 20MP 1 inch CMOS sensor and the video out of this little camera is simply stunning. While the lens on the LX is far better than is likely to ever be on a consumer UAV, if the C23 is close to the competition in quality and I suspect it should be; it will be a good match for the LX10.
Actually it's advertised as 5-axis optical image stabilization! They must add right-left and up-down translation to the 3 rotational axes. It's getting good reviews too.
The Panasonic ZS200 also has the 5-axis optical stabilization and 15x zoom! More $$, of course.

Actually it's advertised as 5-axis optical image stabilization! They must add right-left and up-down translation to the 3 rotational axes. It's getting good reviews too.
The Panasonic ZS200 also has the 5-axis optical stabilization and 15x zoom! More $$, of course.

I'm not referring to the image stabilization of the camera, I actually purchased a handheld three axis gimbal to mount the LX10 on. The plan is if the H Plus falls short, I'm going to build a rig around this setup.

Gimbal.jpg

I'm not referring to the image stabilization of the camera, I actually purchased a handheld three axis gimbal to mount the LX10 on. The plan is if the H Plus falls short, I'm going to build a rig around this setup.

View attachment 8736
Oh, I see.
How do you like the Zhiyun gimbal? I'm considering the Crane 2 for my AX100.
But we digress off topic. Sorry.
The ActionCam with CGO3+ is a pretty good 3-axis hand-held camera setup.
Oops, off topic again...
Try again. The C23 camera has me and a lot of others excited. Can't wait to see results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1