Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec1 Inch Sensor Which Reportedly Fits 480 Part #

Thanks for your prompt reply. A yuneec dealer in the UK was listing it as the way I typed it, however a google search showed nothing Any idea when US dealers or Yuneec USA will be distributing it?

Absolutely no idea. It isn't available anywhere that I am aware. It was just posted on the UK site but is not listed for sale.
Cameras

I would think without a firmware update to the st16 and the h480 there would be no way to use it . as its not in the list of cameras when you select your camera on the st16.

Thanks for your prompt reply. A yuneec dealer in the UK was listing it as the way I typed it, however a google search showed nothing Any idea when US dealers or Yuneec USA will be distributing it?
I found something at work today that said the first half of 2018. Could be tomorrow- could be June. Either way, this is the DJI killer I've been waiting for. As soon as I have it in hand my DJI junk goes on eBay.

Reactions: rog
I would think without a firmware update to the st16 and the h480 there would be no way to use it . as its not in the list of cameras when you select your camera on the st16.
Yup, a firmware update is required but it will fit the current Typhoons (480) with or without RealSense. Can't wait!

Key Features
  • 1” CMOS sensor
  • 20 megapixel photos
  • 4 K video resolution at 60 frames per second
  • Compatible with the Typhoon H / Typhoon H Pro and Typhoon H Pro with Intel® RealSense™
YUNEEC C23 | 1

This is good news.

I'm now glad that I didn't jump on to the H520 when it was launched. Despite the reported problems I was thinking of getting a H520 in the spring hoping that the reported problems had been ironed out by then. Now I don't have to. This camera is the solution if I'm going to stick with the H480...But wait! theres the H+ to consider too. Suddenly it looks like I have choices :)

Direct from Yuneec UK in response to my email:-

Dear Steve

The retail price of the C23 is 799.99, currently we do not have a confirmed delivery date which we have asked for, I would of thought April I can email you once I get a delivery date.

Regards
John Norris
Yuneec UK

www.yuneec.uk

That price is pounds sterling by the way.

Oh yeah~

If Yuneec lives up to their promises this time, they'd be a major problem for DJI drones.. that's going to be like an undercard fighter with the heart of a champion.

Direct from Yuneec UK in response to my email:-

Dear Steve

The retail price of the C23 is 799.99, currently we do not have a confirmed delivery date which we have asked for, I would of thought April I can email you once I get a delivery date.

Regards
John Norris
Yuneec UK

www.yuneec.uk

That price is pounds sterling by the way.
Good grief! For $1150 US, I'm most or half way to a new drone. I'm shocked. Was expecting $700 US max. Not making it easy to sell my P4P, which I really want to dump. $300 more and you can get a P4P new. Maybe a discount for those of us patiently waiting for the last year and a half. ;)

For what it is worth. The US Pricing is said to be 1499.00 for the H Plus with the C23 and 1799.00 for the same with RealSense. Yuneec is certainly going to price the camera high in the beginning in the hopes buyers will just pony up for the whole thing. I remember when the CG03+ was 600.00 - now for 99.00 more you can get a standard Typhoon H and the ST 16 along with a CG03+;)

Dang, I have the RealSense model now. Kind of defeats the purpose, the promise of interchangeable and upgradeable cameras. I'm more likely to get the camera and then upgrade the aircraft. You're right though, they'll market toward a new aircraft. Might have to wait 6 more months to see if the price drops or dump the P4P and Mavic for the full Monty. But then I'm left with two 480s and still wanting a camera upgrade on the other. LOL - can't win for loosing.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Hey all, new guy here,Typhoon H owner. Lurking on the forum for a while. I am nearly positive that the C23 camera will have the Sony Exmor IMX183, which is what is used with the DJI Phantom 4 Pro.

The CGO3+ employs the Sony Exmor IMX117 (which is not really a security camera sensor...) In fact the IMX117 is featured in the SJCAM SJ7 STAR, which for the money is a decent action cam which claims up to 16 MP stills via interpolation.

Great forum you guys have here! Max

Well this is exciting news! Very strongly going to consider this upgrade. I love the IQ from Sony sensors, my main ground based camera is a Sony a6000.

Sales starting already..... from Facebook:

E23 CAMERA: RRP £799

Preorder Price from Typhoon H EU: £700

A deposit of £250 secures; balance payable in installments or lumpsum prior to delivery.

FREE SHIPPING to UK & IRE directly from YUNEEC UK.

Owners who decide to upgrade their Typhoon H will be rewarded with improved residual light performance and an increased dynamic range.

The C23 for Typhoon H can be upgraded with standard ND filters by adding a small adapter ring.

In that case, can I be paid in dollars, please?

£250 = US $354.26 at £1 = $1.42 exchange rate.
I thought the exchange rate was nearer to £1 = $1.30 ish after the pound fell in value shortly after the Brexit vote. Seems like the pound has recovered a bit. Good news for some but not the exporters.

( I remember a time when you could get £1 = $1.85 at one point back in the 1990's. Great for the traveler going over to the states. Happy days).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval