Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a Typhoon H Plus with a C23 camera. I have updated to 822. The zoom on the ST16S just shows 2x,4x,6, and 8x. When I select one and start recording I cannot change it. Someone said I could pinch the screen but that does not work. I have not done anything with the camera settings. Is there a setting to set?

The zoom is a digital zoom and is limited to what you set before starting to record video. Once you stop recording you can change to another zoom level. You cannot use the two finger pinch to change zoom level and it is limited to the steps of 1X, 2X, 4X, and 8X.

The zoom is not really cinemagraphic in nature and was intended more for onsite zoom for Search and Rescue when the aircraft cannot be flown any closer to a POI.

You can accomplish a much better outcome in post production and get the zoom level you truly want for final product.

Good advice. A digital zoom is never the quality of an optical zoom. In post-production you will be able to definitely get better results than during flight. Now, if only my H Pro had optical zoom for those nature shots in the Crowsnest Pass..... Ah well..

Reactions: Murray Martz
Good advice. A digital zoom is never the quality of an optical zoom. In post-production you will be able to definitely get better results than during flight. Now, if only my H Pro had optical zoom for those nature shots in the Crowsnest Pass..... Ah well..

You would need a better gimbal with a zoom lens. Look at the Peau 8.26mm lens mod. Good for stills, but not so much for videos. There are times it would come in handy though.

Reactions: John Hennessy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49