Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1.4.1 Firmware Now LIve!!!

updating now this one also rewrites the remote itself which is throw back to the h480 firmware updates to the h480 st16 controller. which must have been need to get the flight modes in. the rx and tx have changes made to them st16s powers cycles mandatory atleast 2 times. Now there is supposed to be improvement to the e90 we will see if comes about.

Last edited:
updating now this one also rewrites the remote itself which is throw back to the like what was done with h480 firmware updates to the h480 st16 controller. which must have been need to get the flight modes in. the rx and tx have changes made to them st16s powers cycles mandatory atleast 2 times. Now there is supposed to be improvement to the e90 we will see if comes about. looks not to bad test flight will wait till weekend.

So without seeing anything and still looking for the log to see the changes I love that it accompanies the output of the update with video tutorials.

I wanted to say that Yuneec does something well, something that practically nobody does. In that sense a 10. When you do things right, you have to say it :)

Reactions: NRHK and Graham
Well, when new firmware was updating tx on the st16s. My st16s froze. After over 10mins still nothing and controller would not turn off. Eventually removed battery, then the st16 would not boot anymore. bricked!!!
After a lot of headache and trying everything, I discovered if you booted the controller while constantly tapping the centre soft button on the st16s, it did actually boot up and then allowed me to run the update again, which this time took just seconds to complete. The air in my house was blue for about 1hr while this was going on!!!

Reactions: Ueberflieger
Hello Guys. Just wondering if anyone has tried to update their ET cam. Unfortunately since RC update the updater keeps searching solely for the E90 camera.
The actual RC recognises the ET camera and that its software is out of date (verbal warning). Then when going through 'software update' via both data pilot and update pilot it does the app versions. Once app versions completed it then asks to "check firmware" this is where the party stops as it then looks for the E90 camera - regardless of the fact datapilot was connected to the ET cam when booting up.
Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Reactions: morry
tried to download the et firmware file to sd card and place the sd card in the et camera and boot up?
Hi Terrence. Yep, have downloaded both gimbal and camera update files onto sd card and booted up. Nil changes to software config...

I updated my ET via sd card and didn’t have any issues. Downgrade back to 0.2.2 then upgrade again via sd card. Make sure you switch off 520 each time it finishes the up or downgrade. On the final upgrade put in a clean card before booting and during the whole process do not have the ST16s switched on and connected to the 520

Reactions: DroneCalzone
firmware on sd card in et camera. st16s in data pilot manual update though sd card
Thanks Terrance, I was hoping to be able to do that. unfortunately, for some reason the update through sd card option doesn't come up with the cgoet cam attached (it does when e90 attached so a little bizarre there). I'll try Peggys method and see what occurs. Still bewildered as to why it keeps looking for e90.....never did that before the update.

Thanks guys for your help. Just located a solution (feel a little dumb now).
When in update pilot and about to perform firmware check, touch the cog (settings) upper left. Mine showed just the e90 cam. I touched that and it then displayed an option for the cgoet. I selected that and all is updating beautifully now.
Thanks again for your time and help.

Reactions: plissken and Peggy
@Faz1 , yes the Updater app will always look for the last camera used in an update. If you switch cameras, you need to select the settings icon and select the current camera.

New features are almost non-existent according to the news release. Customizable speed limits was a big requested feature????. Bug fixes (what ever they might be) is listed and that thats always promising. How long has it been since the last update? What about orbiting directly from within the controller app, or virtual fences and a multitude of other features people have been asking for? Not terribly impressed.

New features are almost non-existent according to the news release. Customizable speed limits was a big requested feature????. Bug fixes (what ever they might be) is listed and that thats always promising. How long has it been since the last update? What about orbiting directly from within the controller app, or virtual fences and a multitude of other features people have been asking for? Not terribly impressed.
New features, I am told are on the way, inc ROI/POI and a lot more. Virtual fences have already been a part of datapilot from the first release of the h520. You can set max height and distance on the st16 and options what the h520 will do if you try to go beyond what is set.
We all would like everything now, me included. The latest update I believe was delayed as there was an was a issue that was found in testing just before the original release date, causing the release to be delayed by quite some time.

I have now flown my H520 on the new firmware. It does appear to fly smoother than before. They also seem to have partially sorted the loss of video signal I was getting if another 5.8ghz video transmitter was being used on any frequency this would completely wipe out the picture on the st16. It now only seems to affect the H520 on one 5.8ghz frequency now, instead of all of them.The new adjustment on the ST16 for speed of climb and descent. It says on the ST16 that it only affects Manual mode, but I found it affects Angle model as well
1f642.png
So I have mine set to max and it drops like a brick now, much better. The new flight time remaining readout is pretty accurate, only issue is the % left numbers are now pretty small and difficult to read in bright sunlight. On the 3 flights I had, all 3 were over 20mins and didn't wait for the warning before landing. Camera is still improving and the distortion is reducing with every update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval