Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1st flight attempt - Major Mistake!

Reaction score
Read the official manual - check

Read the MUCH BETTER community manual - check

Watch a bunch of official videos on first time flight and setup - check

Wait for 15 minutes for first time GPS satellite acquisition - check

Do the initial compass and accelerometer calibrations - check

COMPLETELY FORGET TO BRING THE PROPS - UGH SERIOUSLY... YUP!!! I unpacked and verified everything last night (charge batteries, etc.). When packing this morning I forgot the little box with the props. They are now in a bubble bag. Probably should attach a lighted beacon.

Well at least everything checked out great, except the doofus pilot :rolleyes:

Hope the weather is as good tomorrow so I can actually fly my new Typhoon H. So far exceedingly impressed with the kit. $1097 (Pro kit with RealSense and extra 64GB card via Amazon - direct Yuneec shipping)

Reactions: AJan
No worries, mate. You're not the first pilot to miss a tick mark.

Congrats though for the thorough approach to your first flight.

Even the more seasoned flyers make silly mistakes. Non of us are perfect if we are brave enough to admit it, and that includes me. That Doh! moment.

i would pass out laughing if they ever had Homer try to fly a drone, with Bart egging him on :D

I get so wrapped up flying at times I forget to hit the record button on the camera. I usually notice it about the time I check the battery level to see if it's time to land.

Much better to have done all you did and forget the props, than the other way around.

Reactions: MadProf2018
I launched once with only 5 props on. Got the 5 rotor warning on the screen and brought her back down safely.

I launched once with only 5 props on. Got the 5 rotor warning on the screen and brought her back down safely.

Been there..one time forgot the ST after 15 minute hike to selected spot...that felt pretty dumb

You think you had a brain fart.........check this out :)

Wow! Well I feel much better now. I'm even being so careful as to do my first couple days of flying without the camera attached. But I guess I was being so ridiculously careful I decided not to even get it off the ground LOL. Nice to know other people have made simple mistakes. I like the ones that you make before you launch those are the best kind, pretty easy to fix

My dark green ammo box, housing my batteries, decided to hide today. Luckily the local deputies were not patrolling the backroads this morning as I hightailed it to retrieve said box.

“Unplanned rush to get lovely bride to meeting place on time, rather than be responsible for only pilot and his gear, thus missing that critical little green box...” - check, check, and check!!!

I get so wrapped up flying at times I forget to hit the record button on the camera. I usually notice it about the time I check the battery level to see if it's time to land.

Much better to have done all you did and forget the props, than the other way around.
I've done that on more than one occasion. Once was while doing a commercial job for a farmer.

Yup a buddy of mine told me during the 1980 Winter Olympics he had the job of being the 1st to ski the men's & women's downhills + the 2 giant slaloms with a film camera mounted on his helmet. In the starting gate before one of the GS runs there were techs adjusting the helmet & camera for proper angle & lighting, others were rubbing his legs & checking the bindings, & a coach offering the latest snow conditions. Finally he was off, alone & skiing before hundreds of spectators. Beyond finish line another team was there to discover nobody had turned the camera on. :)

Yup a buddy of mine told me during the 1980 Winter Olympics he had the job of being the 1st to ski the men's & women's downhills + the 2 giant slaloms with a film camera mounted on his helmet. In the starting gate before one of the GS runs there were techs adjusting the helmet & camera for proper angle & lighting, others were rubbing his legs & checking the bindings, & a coach offering the latest snow conditions. Finally he was off, alone & skiing before hundreds of spectators. Beyond finish line another team was there to discover nobody had turned the camera on. :)

Epic fail

One of those 'Doh!' moments.

That's what I did DoomMeister.. but as I had a charges battery.. thought I'd do one more flight to get the video.. only to lose the bird!!!

Read the official manual - check

Read the MUCH BETTER community manual - check

Watch a bunch of official videos on first time flight and setup - check

Wait for 15 minutes for first time GPS satellite acquisition - check

Do the initial compass and accelerometer calibrations - check

COMPLETELY FORGET TO BRING THE PROPS - UGH SERIOUSLY... YUP!!! I unpacked and verified everything last night (charge batteries, etc.). When packing this morning I forgot the little box with the props. They are now in a bubble bag. Probably should attach a lighted beacon.

Well at least everything checked out great, except the doofus pilot :rolleyes:

Hope the weather is as good tomorrow so I can actually fly my new Typhoon H. So far exceedingly impressed with the kit. $1097 (Pro kit with RealSense and extra 64GB card via Amazon - direct Yuneec shipping)
You see, you are in good company!
I keep the props in the cloth bag stuffed into the TH case, above one of the landing gear.

I have forgotten so many time to retract the undercarriage and start the video I have had to put 2 labels on the ST16, and STILL I forget, and that is after 2 years of flying the H. :mad:

Reactions: MadProf2018

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt