Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2,000.00 spent. H520 WONT CONNEXT TO ST16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm very disappointed I open the Box and this is beautiful drone I turn on the radio after reviewing the instructions and I turn on the drone and I get no connection what so ever I hit the Wi-Fi button and it doesn't show up at all there are no specific instructions suggested quick start guide is vague when I spend this kind of money on a drone that has no camera at all whatsoever I expected to work what is wrong with this company can somebody help me please get this thing working

You're saying you do not have a camera and can't connect to the WiFi, is that correct?

If it is, the problem is not with the system....

Who did you buy the 520 from and why did you not buy a camera?
We have the full Owners Manual in a H520 Help Sticky thread.

I think he has the camera, but he meant that the camera feed does not show on the ST16, otherwise all of that would make no sense to me.

I spend this kind of money on a drone that has no camera

You can download the complete manual from here

Downloads - Yuneec

To connect the aircraft without camera look at Pag. 46.

MANUAL BIND
Manual bind allows the Pilot to bind the ST16S to the H520 without a camera. Power on the H520, tap the
Manual Bind button, and flip the H520 upside down. The H520 LEDs will begin flashing yellow on all motors.
Now tap the Bind button on the popup window. The ST16S will bind to the H520. This connection may be
tested by raising the landing gear while the H520 is upside down.
*Note: The H520 does not provide telemetry data to the ST16S while in manual bind mode. The Pilot will
not have the ability to check GPS status, battery status, etc.

You can download the complete manual from here

Downloads - Yuneec

To connect the aircraft without camera look at Pag. 46.

MANUAL BIND
Manual bind allows the Pilot to bind the ST16S to the H520 without a camera. Power on the H520, tap the
Manual Bind button, and flip the H520 upside down. The H520 LEDs will begin flashing yellow on all motors.
Now tap the Bind button on the popup window. The ST16S will bind to the H520. This connection may be
tested by raising the landing gear while the H520 is upside down.
*Note: The H520 does not provide telemetry data to the ST16S while in manual bind mode. The Pilot will
not have the ability to check GPS status, battery status, etc.
If he's going to spend that amount of money you would think a few dollars more for the camera would be worth it. Without GPS and the other info he needs could cause a very very expensive mistake.:eek:

If he's going to spend that amount of money you would think a few dollars more for the camera would be worth it. Without GPS and the other info he needs could cause a very very expensive mistake.:eek:

I think it's a case of misinformation. He still thought the camera was included as in the H480 or I don't know. He'll comment on it. The important thing is that he can make the link.

We are all aware that Yuneec is a little behind schedule when it comes to updating pages in different languages at least with basic information in several languages. All that's left is to be patient.

In my case it's not worth buying it without the camera and it's going to be the E90. Each one has its needs depending on which fence to use. Coming without a camera is logical when it gives you the option of 3 different payment charging systems. if it would obligatorily come with a camera, for example the E50, we would protest that we wouldn't use it and it would be an unnecessary expense. In that sense I think it is correct.

If it has been a mistake on her part not to buy the camera is no problem, you can buy one that best suits the use you want to give the aircraft at any time.

By the way, it's not a few more dollars, the E50 that's the cheapest is $1100. It's money........:cool:

During this week there have been some bundle where the aircraft and the camera of your choice have come out together. Although it doesn't save any money. They just added up the prices. They has been called bumble instead of pack to differentiate it I imagine from the later packs.

To me, I imagine that to you also ;), I would be interested in a pack with more options like the H480. The aircraft, camera to choose from, box or backpack, more batteries and the Steady grip with a discount for buying it all together. I imagined that everything would come because there are still things we don't even know if they are going to come out. Time will tell :rolleyes:

Allowing for differences in languages and translators is why I requested clarification about having or not having a camera to use with the 520. As is so often the case, only enough background info was provided in the original post to indicate the person was angry about a system problem and was blaming Yuneec for a lack of response. After making an RFI there has been no response from the OP.

As for Yuneec's reluctance to provide adequate/ample system information prior to releasing for sale I think that's been pretty well covered already. They have not, relying on a few individuals bound by non disclosures to release very small "teasers" to maintain public interest in the system. The more complex the system the more information that needs to be readily accessible for people to refer to. There should be no assumption that everyone is intelligent enough to read a manual cover to cover before trying to operate a system. They should be but the fact is, they are not. We should not even assume people are intelligent as it has been proven many times over they often are not. The 520 manual is much more comprehensive than any manual Yuneec has previously published with their multirotor systems. It's still not perfect but it certainly appears to have enough info present to get the aircraft flying if the instructions are followed.

As for packages, look at Terrestrial Imaging and CarolinaDronze. Both are advertising an E-90 package that is shipped with 3 batteries and a Pelican case. Neither appears to be discounted but I have yet to see a Yuneec product or group of products that have been discounted in the earlier days of release.

"And so it begins" refers to what is forthcoming; people failing to read instructions, experiencing problems, and instantly blaming Yuneec for whatever problem they are having. There will be many more posts from people having problems, many self induced, blaming the system and the manufacturer. We can see this occur every day in the Typhoon H forum, where, despite a plethora of videos and threads covering "How To's" people still manage to screw up their systems with improperly executed firmware updates or post crash repairs. Many can't even take the time to learn what the switch positions on the ST-16 do. People are very quick to blame a product or manufacturer for their woes but are loath to accept personal responsibility for ever doing anything wrong. Yuneec should make a clear statement the 520 system is not for beginners, should be used only by people with advanced reasoning and operational skills, while releasing more info to potential buyers covering system set up and capabilities. They have failed miserably to adequately demonstrate camera capabilities but they still have a chance to let inexperienced people know they could be in over their head's very quickly with this one.

Interestingly, the OP had no problem locating this forum to complain loudly of a problem with both the aircraft AND Yuneec, but only after there was a problem. This is to the best of my knowledge the forum with the most comprehensive Yuneec system information available anywhere. If people want to know about a Yuneec product this is the place to visit before you buy, not after. If you can find it after experiencing a problem why could you not find it before having a problem? Neither the the YuneecForum nor Yuneec's Facebook page has the volume of info this site does for Yuneec users. A logical thought process would have someone that knows of this site coming here to ask questions of those few with some 520 experience before diving into the system set up.

People need to put their excitement away, take a step back and ask themselves "What could go wrong?" before tearing into a system. Think that through and be systematic in their efforts afterwards. At this level these aren't toys and to spend a couple grand on something you don't yet understand suggests you also take a little time to learn something about it before messing with things. But having enough money to buy is not synonymous with having enough sense to operate. The acronym RTFM is pretty course but absolutely applicable. Avoid the endeavor at your own peril.

Last edited:
Allowing for differences in languages and translators is why I requested clarification about having or not having a camera to use with the 520. As is so often the case, only enough background info was provided in the original post to indicate the person was angry about a system problem and was blaming Yuneec for a lack of response. After making an RFI there has been no response from the OP.

As for Yuneec's reluctance to provide adequate/ample system information prior to releasing for sale I think that's been pretty well covered already. They have not, relying on a few individuals bound by non disclosures to release very small "teasers" to maintain public interest in the system. The more complex the system the more information that needs to be readily accessible for people to refer to. There should be no assumption that everyone is intelligent enough to read a manual cover to cover before trying to operate a system. They should be but the fact is, they are not. We should not even assume people are intelligent as it has been proven many times over they often are not. The 520 manual is much more comprehensive than any manual Yuneec has previously published with their multirotor systems. It's still not perfect but it certainly appears to have enough info present to get the aircraft flying if the instructions are followed.

As for packages, look at Terrestrial Imaging and CarolinaDronze. Both are advertising an E-90 package that is shipped with 3 batteries and a Pelican case. Neither appears to be discounted but I have yet to see a Yuneec product or group of products that have been discounted in the earlier days of release.

"And so it begins" refers to what is forthcoming; people failing to read instructions, experiencing problems, and instantly blaming Yuneec for whatever problem they are having. There will be many more posts from people having problems, many self induced, blaming the system and the manufacturer. We can see this occur every day in the Typhoon H forum, where, despite a plethora of videos and threads covering "How To's" people still manage to screw up their systems with improperly executed firmware updates or post crash repairs. Many can't even take the time to learn what the switch positions on the ST-16 do. People are very quick to blame a product or manufacturer for their woes but are loath to accept personal responsibility for ever doing anything wrong. Yuneec should make a clear statement the 520 system is not for beginners, should be used only by people with advanced reasoning and operational skills, while releasing more info to potential buyers covering system set up and capabilities. They have failed miserably to adequately demonstrate camera capabilities but they still have a chance to let inexperienced people know they could be in over their head's very quickly with this one.

Interestingly, the OP had no problem locating this forum to complain loudly of a problem with both the aircraft AND Yuneec, but only after there was a problem. This is to the best of my knowledge the forum with the most comprehensive Yuneec system information available anywhere. If people want to know about a Yuneec product this is the place to visit before you buy, not after. If you can find it after experiencing a problem why could you not find it before having a problem? Neither the the YuneecForum nor Yuneec's Facebook page has the volume of info this site does for Yuneec users. A logical thought process would have someone that knows of this site coming here to ask questions of those few with some 520 experience before diving into the system set up.

People need to put their excitement away, take a step back and ask themselves "What could go wrong?" before tearing into a system. Think that through and be systematic in their efforts afterwards. At this level these aren't toys and to spend a couple grand on something you don't yet understand suggests you also take a little time to learn something about it before messing with things. But having enough money to buy is not synonymous with having enough sense to operate. The acronym RTFM is pretty course but absolutely applicable. Avoid the endeavor at your own peril.
Old axiom from my 60's engineering education: all else fails, read the manual.

Reactions: Addison
I think he has the camera, but he meant that the camera feed does not show on the ST16, otherwise all of that would make no sense to me.

With all due respect, "...$2000 on a drone without a camera at all whatsoever" seems to imply a camera is not installed on the H520.

Manual bind, as someone else mentioned, is in order, per the manual.

PatR: first thing I thought of, per your comment of "...and so it begins..." was the treatment the H received via "bashing posts" when it was about to hit the market and afterwards, as chronicled here and elsewhere. Hopefully we are not seeing a second act to that play.

Jeff

Last edited:
Clearcloudllc must have sorted himself out as his initial 'anger' surely would have had him back here reacting to the helpful suggestions. I wonder what he is going to use the H520 for without a camera?

How long before someone flips into manual mode and has to really fly the machine? I think as the H520 is being sold as a Professional/Enterprise machine a USA107, UK Pfco or the other worldwide regulations requirement should be flagged up especially as ( I understand) NFZ is not being utilised.

I'm getting older every day :(

Pat, can you please put the URL of those packages you comment on? I've looked at both pages and I don't see it on either of them.

EDIT: I'm dumb, I thought bundles didn't bring anything else like I've seen in other places. There's more stuff coming up here. I think it's just another case of confusion because other salespeople don't put these things......

Last edited:
Money is not an obstacle to incompetence or inexperience. Even though Yuneec is directing the 520 towards a professional market, it will be purchased by roughly the same market as the 480 unfortunately, along with some professionals.

This reminds me of the days when fixed wing RC began to get larger, heavier and faster and; more expensive - much more, and when ducted fan jets turned into 230 MPH turbine powered behemoths. Understanding systems and how to install, maintain and operate them became paramount to successful operation of such craft. But to some, this mattered not. No amount of money kept wannabe pilots from leap-frogging straight from three channel trainers into aircraft far beyond their capacity to operate them. They never understood the skills and experience they had missed or flat out ignored, and were too proud to admit it.

On a side note; I think PatR should be given credit for creating a new acronym - ASIB (And So It Begins).:cool: I had to wipe the Iced Tea off my computer screen after reading that. So true.

I'm getting older every day :(

Pat, can you please put the URL of those packages you comment on? I've looked at both pages and I don't see it on either of them.

EDIT: I'm dumb, I thought bundles didn't bring anything else like I've seen in other places. There's more stuff coming up here. I think it's just another case of confusion because other salespeople don't put these things......

CarolinaDronz here: Yuneec H520 Industrial Commercial Hexa-Copter Bundle with E90 Camera

Reactions: arruntus
Ty Pilot,

Know anyone looking for some 35% to 46% scale acrobatics airplanes? I have 4 and a whole bunch of appropriately sized gas two strokes I'd like to part with. Lot's of DA 50/100 top ends, DA, 3W, and RC Excl ignitions, 2.6m Comp Arf Yak 54 with a BME-116, 37% Pilot Edge 540 with a 3W-110, 46% Wild Hare G-202 with a Brison 6.4, 35% Wild Hare G-202 bare.

Unfortunately Pat I don't, my area was more Scale Warbirds and Jets, though I did dabble in Pattern and aerobatics. I've got some models I'm trying to sell but the market is pretty soft. Last resort might be RC Universe but I have never really followed that forum much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital