Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

3D files for yuneec Typhoon H Arms

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently had a crash with my Yuneec Typhoon H drone, and unfortunately, some arms got broken as a result. I'm now in need of new arms for my drone and I'm considering 3D printing them. I have already searched through numerous websites, but I couldn't find any suitable 3D design files for the Typhoon H drone arms.

Therefore, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could provide me with the necessary 3D design files or recommend a reliable source where I can find the STL files specifically for the Typhoon H drone arms.

Thank you!

@cabinfourus posted a link to some Typhoon H files a while back. The "Main Body" includes the arms. I can view the STL files with Windows 10 3D viewer, and some of the view types show that the parts appear to be individual parts. But I don't 3D print. I have no idea how to print the individual parts, or if it is even possible.

3D view.jpg

Last edited:
Not Sure if its useful, I've made STL's for the leg 'T' bracket and a pin to replace the plastic rivets (attached). Printed in Carbon Fibre filled Nylon, they are really strong.
Wonder if its worth starting a Mod's thread where we can stick STL's and other mods?
Currently working on battery replacements. Made 3 off 8000 mAh 15.2V LiHV packs which are working well. I'm currently working to package them up better and charge adaptors so I can charge off my good charger.

Attachments

• Typhoon H Foot.zip
    29 MB · Views: 27
Not Sure if its useful, I've made STL's for the leg 'T' bracket and a pin to replace the plastic rivets (attached). Printed in Carbon Fibre filled Nylon, they are really strong.
Wonder if its worth starting a Mod's thread where we can stick STL's and other mods?
Currently working on battery replacements. Made 3 off 8000 mAh 15.2V LiHV packs which are working well. I'm currently working to package them up better and charge adaptors so I can charge off my good charger.
That would be a very cool idea, would you be able to create the arm A and B as a single file for me?

Possibly. I’m on holiday at the moment so no access to CAD or measuring equipment. That said I could do with a sample. Maybe I’ll have a look at the STL @WTFDproject suggested. Bit
reluctant to strip down my drone when it’s not broken. I’ll look tomorrow to see if it’s printable.

Is it just the hinge / lock end or motor end? I’m assuming your not wanting the carbon fibre tube to be printed, when I was looking just incase a broke the legs both 10mm and 12mm tube was available on Amazon.

Possibly. I’m on holiday at the moment so no access to CAD or measuring equipment. That said I could do with a sample. Maybe I’ll have a look at the STL @WTFDproject suggested. Bit
reluctant to strip down my drone when it’s not broken. I’ll look tomorrow to see if it’s printable.

Is it just the hinge / lock end or motor end? I’m assuming your not wanting the carbon fibre tube to be printed, when I was looking just incase a broke the legs both 10mm and 12mm tube was available on Amazon.
I actually intended to print the complete Arm in one piece, but if that's better I would do it the way you said. I also need both Variants Form the arm A and B. Thank you so much for your help

I actually intended to print the complete Arm in one piece, but if that's better I would do it the way you said. I also need both Variants Form the arm A and B. Thank you so much for your help
Just eyeballing at my drone (still on holiday so don't have my kit here), the hinge end looks identical for both 'A' and 'B'. I suspect the only difference is the motor direction of rotation.
The carbon fibre tube looks standard and available on Amazon or reuse the tubes you have if they are OK.
Do you need the motor ends or are these OK?

I think it is printable in carbon fibre filled nylon, it just won't be too pretty when it comes off the printer. It will need a bit of post printing finishing.
Note: I think ABS will be too weak, PLA will be to brittle.

The STL file
is a scanned and doesn't include internal data. The missing data will have to be captured.
To capture this data I would need to strip one down, measure and draw up in CAD to create the STL.
For me to do that I will need to strip my drone down which I don't want to do.

Can you or anyone else send the part?

Tube Amazon link just need to check tube wall thickness. (seem to remember the legs were 1mm wall)

Cheers

I suspect the only difference is the motor direction of rotation
This is not true. To get stability you should have some inclination, which will collect forces to the airlift focus. Watch thoroughly A and B motor holders.

This is not true. To get stability you should have some inclination, which will collect forces to the airlift focus. Watch thoroughly A and B motor holders.
Thanks Vaklin. So the motor holders are different, that's good to know if we need to design these. Do you know if the hinge ends all the same?

They are all the same. The problem is with metal clips. Available but expensive.

They are all the same. The problem is with metal clips. Available but expensive.
I was assuming the clips were OK. Do you have a link to the replacement clips to see costs etc?
Part of my day job is reverse engineering springs and other engineered components and getting them made, maybe the clips could be reversed engineered as well.

Just eyeballing at my drone (still on holiday so don't have my kit here), the hinge end looks identical for both 'A' and 'B'. I suspect the only difference is the motor direction of rotation.
The carbon fibre tube looks standard and available on Amazon or reuse the tubes you have if they are OK.
Do you need the motor ends or are these OK?

I think it is printable in carbon fibre filled nylon, it just won't be too pretty when it comes off the printer. It will need a bit of post printing finishing.
Note: I think ABS will be too weak, PLA will be to brittle.

The STL file

is a scanned and doesn't include internal data. The missing data will have to be captured.
To capture this data I would need to strip one down, measure and draw up in CAD to create the STL.
For me to do that I will need to strip my drone down which I don't want to do.

Can you or anyone else send the part?

Tube Amazon link just need to check tube wall thickness. (seem to remember the legs were 1mm wall)

Cheers
Thank you very much for your effort!

The pipe on one arm also broke. On one the end of the motor broke off completely from the pipe.
One of the complete brackets to the housing broke off. I have a disassembled A arm. I could send photos of it and measure it, I don't know what exactly I have to measure there, unfortunately I can't design it myself either because I have no idea in the area. It would be very nice if you can help me out with these. The motor end and the beginning in the housing would actually be enough. Because you can buy the Stick on amazon or sth

Thank you very much for your effort!

The pipe on one arm also broke. On one the end of the motor broke off completely from the pipe.
One of the complete brackets to the housing broke off. I have a disassembled A arm. I could send photos of it and measure it, I don't know what exactly I have to measure there, unfortunately I can't design it myself either because I have no idea in the area. It would be very nice if you can help me out with these. The motor end and the beginning in the housing would actually be enough. Because you can buy the Stick on amazon or sth
OK It would be good to get the hinge plus it would be really good to get both motor ends so they are modeled up ready for print should anyone need a part.

I will have to have a close look at my drone when I get back home to see if I can measure up without striping it down to much.
Unless someone can send me some broken bits I can copy.

I was assuming the clips were OK. Do you have a link to the replacement clips to see costs etc?
Part of my day job is reverse engineering springs and other engineered components and getting them made, maybe the clips could be reversed engineered as well.
Check eBay. I have had plans to produce them. Asked a friend of mine to cut them and reinforced them. The task was stopped when the small press form was necessary to prepare the bend on the nose. I paid not enough or something other went wrong but about 1000 of them were just cut. This was a year ago. Sometimes I'll raise the question to finish the task. When I don't know.

I will have to have a close look at my drone when I get back home to see if I can measure up without striping it down to much.
Unless someone can send me some broken bits I can copy.
what do you mean by send? I live in Germany so by mail would be difficult

Not necessary to print the whole motor holder. More than much better will be to use sheet metal with two metal blocks and lathe the whole construction to put in the tube end. The printed part will be not heat resistant, not hard enough, and so on. Aviation grade 6061 T6 is not so expensive for small quantities and will be the best candidate for this task.

Not necessary to print the whole motor holder. More than much better will be to use sheet metal with two metal blocks and lathe the whole construction to put in the tube end. The printed part will be not heat resistant, not hard enough, and so on. Aviation grade 6061 T6 is not so expensive for small quantities and will be the best candidate for this task.
I'm unsure as to the design of the holder without striping it down. I spent 12 years on lathes and milling machines and have access to machines so this maybe a possibility one we have a design.

what do you mean by send? I live in Germany so by mail would be difficult
I was thinking posting the parts or maybe someone reading this in the UK who may have some broken parts.
I've just taken the top off my drone to look. To get enough info I would need to drill out rivets and remove more parts, I really don't want to risk damaging anything.
So without my drone suffering a 'sudden unplanned disassembly' or I get parts from somewhere else I can't model to the details needed. Sorry :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal