Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A better gimble

It will fit, but there would be no control of the camera because it is not in the software for the H480.
I'm definitely not a computer scientist. Will the firmware for the H+ camera not work on an ST16? No wizards that can write the software for us? I'm almost tempted to buy a refurbished ST16 just to try stuff.
Thanks.
Pete.

I'm definitely not a computer scientist. Will the firmware for the H+ camera not work on an ST16? No wizards that can write the software for us? I'm almost tempted to buy a refurbished ST16 just to try stuff.
Thanks.
Pete.

I'm not a programmer but I have spent a lot of time trying to make small changes to ST16 software. Specifically, it looks like the ST16 might have the code to be able to use the MK58 modules (used to transmit video from a gopro on the Q500) but part of the configuration xml is commented out to make it not show up in the menu. I wasn't successful in getting it to work, but still kind of think that somebody who knew what they were doing could.

I think part of the problem with using the ST16S controller FW on the ST16 is that the ST16 uses an Intel processor and I don't think the ST16S does. So the compiled code is for the wrong type of processor (again, I think).

I don't have a CGO04 or C23 camera and they are more than I want to spend for just experimentation purposes, but I have been able to find the MK58 modules for cheap. I feel that I understand the ST16 to H480 control protocol well enough that I can use the ST16 to control other things, but I really want to figure out how to display video from something other than an CGO03 on the ST16.

I have seen a few times where people have mentioned getting a refurbished ST24 for cheap (~$100) so I keep looking for one of those because I think the ST24 FW has more camera options and also isn't as locked down as the ST16 FW. So far no luck on that.

Dylan

I’m just nervous about flying this drone “close” to things. It’s very large and loud
There is YouTube video on the H plus “zoom feature” feature. The pilot was quite impressed with it . 8x digital zoom. Check it out. If you have the plus you have that feature. I’m rockin the DJI mavic 2 zoom. It does the job. Of course My Typhoon H doesn’t take a back seat to any drone.
Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annamiller