Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A lot of learning....

Reaction score
I was in a deep canyon today trying to get a shot of a creek. Fired up the Breeze took off, flew down to the creek deep below, go my video, went to hit the return to home hoping for a successful fight and cant find the "Return to Home" button.
I am new and lessons are learned every time out. I think what happened is that I had no GPS because of where I was. Is that right? I didn't take note when I took off.
Regardless, I was as surprised as ****, landed in a tree but all is okay.
There is a real talent to doing this right, said the novice.

It can't return home if it doesn't know where home (via GPS) is. Hard to say without seeing specifically where you were but usually if there is at least SOME open sky above you can (eventually) get a GPS lock. But hey, no guarantee that will remain as you fly. And no guarantee you can even get a GPS lock anywhere at any time (although that would be rare in an open sky location). Best practice (in my experience) is if possible, fly UP to get a visual on your drone, then fly it home. OF course if you are flying "under" things (trees, arches, ceilings, etc) that can be problematic. Glad no major damage from your tree landing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz