Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A new device for precise flying

If you panic and need to stop, you do not need to remove it. you slide it in the neutral position.
I posted a video showing how quickly it will stop even in rabbit mode

Looking forward to see your experience with it before placing an order myself ;)
I'll make sure to update you all when I receive it and had a chance to test it. If only postage from us to Europe wasn't so **** long [emoji849]

Reactions: Luftdrone.dk
I'll make sure to update you all when I receive it and had a chance to test it. If only postage from us to Europe wasn't so **** long [emoji849]

There goes the neighborhood! Mine hasn’t came, yet. Hopefully today, I can’t wait.

Last edited:
I hate the wait almost as much as you guys. ;)

You didn’t even bother [emoji849] to just flying your drone and deliver the goods. What kind of a customer service are you running in your shop, man? ?

• Haha
Reactions: Ty Pilot
Last summer I was shooting a video with my 480 (the Plus had not yet been released), I was doing a long run or; I should say, I was trying to do a long run using the trim pad cruise. As those who have used trim pad on the 480 know, the rudder is not very effective at allowing minor corrections. So I set about to make a mechanical device that would allow me to have a type of cruise control while at the same time let the rudder and aileron channels be mixed in as normal. I have had a while to work with this device and thought a video would be better at explaining what it is.

Nice where can we find this?

Got mine today. Very nicely done. Packaged in a very cool little container. Of course I am looking at a full week of rain now :mad: :mad: :mad:
Gratz [emoji3] can't wait to see your initial flight results. seems like mine is stranded somewhere in Florida and still needs to cross the pond [emoji53]

Mine came yesterday. Not quite sure yet when I'll get a chance to learn how to use it in flight but I'm looking forward to it.

The usual high quality and attention to detail that @Ty Pilot is known for.

Reactions: Phaedrus
It has finally arrived :)

And I got some airtime with it this morning.

Let me be completely honest it did take some time to get used to and I need a lot more practice with this genius invention before I feel completely safe with it. I drained almost tree batteries before I finally was satisfied with this shot, trying different controller modes and setups.

I ended up changing my setup to mode 1 so that I have forward movement and turning on the left stick where I had the steady drive mounted, that way I could lock the forward movement and slowly turning the drone while spinning the Steady Drive with two fingers. The downside of this is that you will eventually fly back towards your subject.

All in all, I am very happy with the Steady Drive, and I can't wait to get more practice and Airtime with it :)

Cool, you did go for the Mode 1 option as we talked about [emoji106]
Yea it worked pretty good just gotta get used to it again.

So if you ever encounter a "drunk" plus in the Danish airspace it's probably just me flying mode 1 [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji28][emoji28]

Let me be completely honest it did take some time to get used to and I need a lot more practice with this genius invention before I feel completely safe with it. I drained almost tree batteries before I finally was satisfied with this shot, trying different controller modes and setups.

I ended up changing my setup to mode 1 so that I have forward movement and turning on the left stick where I had the steady drive mounted, that way I could lock the forward movement and slowly turning the drone while spinning the Steady Drive with two fingers. The downside of this is that you will eventually fly back towards your subject.

All in all, I am very happy with the Steady Drive, and I can't wait to get more practice and Airtime with it :)

I saw your IG post, looking good man! How are you able to wake so early in the morning?! I’m full of envy of your dedication.

I finally sorted out the problems that I have been having, with my THP last month, hopefully she will perform well today, because it has been a while since I’ve flown mine, and I’m tempted to lock my yaw and target the crosshair at the center of my object and do a manual orbit.

i like that slow video perfect got mine a few days ago waiting for the weather to clear for a test ( @Ty Pilot took 8 days to deliver to the UK thanks )

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I am glad you guys overseas are finally getting them, I just wish there was a quicker option that doesn't cost as much or more than the SD itself. Typical shipping to most of Europe is listed as six to ten business days and I guess in some places it will be near the bottom of that estimate and others will be at or over the top.

Reactions: Luftdrone.dk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig