Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A new device for precise flying

Ty Pilot

One Hexy Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
copperdawg.com
Last summer I was shooting a video with my 480 (the Plus had not yet been released), I was doing a long run or; I should say, I was trying to do a long run using the trim pad cruise. As those who have used trim pad on the 480 know, the rudder is not very effective at allowing minor corrections. So I set about to make a mechanical device that would allow me to have a type of cruise control while at the same time let the rudder and aileron channels be mixed in as normal. I have had a while to work with this device and thought a video would be better at explaining what it is.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man! I This is a game changer, thank for making this, and I need this!

Amazing, a question before I order do I need one or two?

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Amazing, a question before I order do I need one or two?

I have used two and I would just say that it takes a bit of work to adjust two to get the desired results whereas for instance; if you want to do a POI, it would seem logical that if you one for each control you could in theory have the perfect setup. In actuality it is harder to start both procedures with the necessary precision to achieve good results. But as I say in the video, one may find uses for this that was before unthinkable. Personally, I would go with one. ?

Reactions: mbernholdt
Ordered, let's hope shipping to Europe is fast and efficient :)

Reactions: thetrecker
I have used two and I would just say that it takes a bit of work to adjust two to get the desired results whereas for instance; if you want to do a POI, it would seem logical that if you one for each control you could in theory have the perfect setup. In actuality it is harder to start both procedures with the necessary precision to achieve good results. But as I say in the video, one may find uses for this that was before unthinkable. Personally, I would go with one. ?
Thank you just placed an order, starting out with one :)

Last summer I was shooting a video with my 480 (the Plus had not yet been released), I was doing a long run or; I should say, I was trying to do a long run using the trim pad cruise. As those who have used trim pad on the 480 know, the rudder is not very effective at allowing minor corrections. So I set about to make a mechanical device that would allow me to have a type of cruise control while at the same time let the rudder and aileron channels be mixed in as normal. I have had a while to work with this device and thought a video would be better at explaining what it is.

Good job TY.

Reactions: biltno
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man! I This is a game changer, thank for making this, and I need this!

‘Bout time Pat[emoji106]

RPR,
More than you can imagine. Pat sent me one of these to try out last year and instead of trying it on my H I used it on my 920 as it uses the same ST-16 controller with the same stick and trim pad functions. A bit higher risk due to aircraft price point but what the heck. As I like to use Cruise Control a lot I was interested to see how this device would compare to the factory cruise system. With a little practice the device works out a little better as you can make alterations to pitch, roll, yaw, and throttle without exiting the artificial cruise mode because you moved the sticks.

Short version is they can be used with extreme effectiveness on either gimbal with just a few minutes of practice. Installation requires only that the gimbal knob be unscrewed from the shaft and left on the table. If there comes a moment it needs to come off in a hurry just lift it straight up and off.

If you have and use Cruise Control it’s a nice little addition to augment how you can do things. If you don’t have Cruise Control you most certainly will, one that works better than stock, a few minutes after you obtain one of these.

@Ty Pilot A couple things about your video:

1. I have a Samsung 55” 8 Series and used the YouTube App to watch your video. The quality is exceptional! The colors are rich and full, clarity and crispness are excellent. The sound is very clean and balanced, sounding like a professional sound studio. The titles, transitions, and all around production is broadcast quality.

2. I guess the only complaint is that $35 immediately left my wallet. I can’t wait to start working with the SteadyDrive!

I was a little confused with checkout. It directed me to PayPal to complete payment, as expected, but once completed, did not return me to the website for any kind of confirmation....just ended with PayPal. Most websites will return you to the checkout process confirming payment and order submission. I did receive my receipt from PayPal confirming the transaction. I don’t remember if it did this when I ordered the tray months ago.

Last edited:

1. I have a Samsung 55” 8 Series and used the YouTube App to watch your video. The quality is exceptional! The colors are rich and full, clarity and crispness are excellent. The sound is very clean and balanced, sounding like a professional sound studio. The titles, transitions, and all around production is broadcast quality.

3. I guess the only complaint is that $35 immediately left my wallet. I can’t wait to start working with the SteadyDrive!

I was a little confused with checkout. It directed me to PayPal to complete payment, as expected, but once completed, did not return me to the website for any kind of confirmation....just ended with PayPal. Most websites will return you to the checkout process confirming payment and order submission. I did receive my receipt from PayPal confirming the transaction. I don’t remember if it did this when I ordered the tray months ago.

The price went up. It is now at $60.99 lol jk.....

Reactions: Fred Garvin

2. I guess the only complaint is that $35 immediately left my wallet. I can’t wait to start working with the SteadyDrive!

Thanks for letting me know, my replay setup is not that good but I try to produce videos for folks like you who do. ?

Reactions: Fred Garvin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital