Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Now this is a productive device.. STEADY DRIVE

I am thinking there are a lot of members here who own stock in under garment companies and are trying to get rich at @RPR ’s expense!!! ? :oops::rolleyes:?

I suppose that to use the system, you switch the radio to mode 3 to have the trottle and rudder on the right stick?

Yes, but to be able to coordinate fast forward and turn, the throtle and the rudder must be on the same stick!
Otherwise I do not see what flight mode you use for the ST16s: 1 - 2 - 3 or 4?

Forgive me, I never played around with flight modes 1, 2, 3, 4 on my controller. So I was a bit baffled what you were asking/implying?

Various ways of allocating the main controls to the stick

Mode 2 = elevator/aileron (pitch and roll) on right stick, throttle/rudder (yaw) on left stick
Mode 1 = Throttle/aileron on right stick, elevator/yaw on left stick
Mode 3 and 4 are far less common and are variations on those themes.

Mode 2 most closely mimics actual aircraft controls. Mode 2 is popular in the US, Mode 1 is popular in Europe and Down Under in the land of kangaroos.

This is a good point. @Ty Pilot is mostly showing what you can do with the SD and the smooth results. However he only focuses on the mechanics of the SD for about 30 seconds: from 3:00 to about 3:30. This is a short visual section of how it physically works, however it is quite simple so it only needs 30 seconds to show how it fits into the gimbal well. If you repeat this portion of the video a few times it should be clear how easily if fits into place and how easily it is removed.

Exactly the same thing I thought, anyway what you say, after seeing it several times you really understand how it works. It would not be wrong for everyone to understand, and that no one is as lame as me, lengthen the explanation a bit ?

@arruntus

There is nothing to forgive. At first glance it doesn’t make a lot of sense, but I was lucky that I got to see it firsthand and actually use it right after seeing it demonstrated.

I understand your safety concerns and any good pilot will have those at first glance. I am also hoping your health issues are not too serious and will be resolved quickly.

I believe that safety is an aspect that we professionals have to take care of very carefully. There are enough brainless people out there who leave us badly and make things more difficult for us. And then we take our hands to our heads when something bad happens. It's better to sin for sure than to regret it. All in their just proportion of course.

I hope that the doctor on Friday will allow me to go back to work, 3 weeks that are becoming eternal. Thank you :)

@arruntus
I have a 2:14 video waiting to finish rendering. Dang if I didn't forget to turn on the H video camera.?
I noticed while flying the video was off, so I have only 3:13 to edit instead of the total flight duration of 12+ minutes.?

Thanks to AH-1G, system capabilities are shown. It would be nice to see an example of the device itself in use.

Yes, but to be able to coordinate fast forward and turn, the throtle and the rudder must be on the same stick!
Otherwise I do not see what flight mode you use for the ST16s: 1 - 2 - 3 or 4?

Claudius62 when he talks about torture and rabbit, I think he means the right slicer with which you control the speed of the aircraft, not to change the flight mode, if I understand correctly what you are asking.

Reactions: Ty Pilot and DCH
@arruntus @Ty Pilot @Phaedrus @BigAl07 @RPR @DoomMeister @Fred Garvin and others.
Many hours of practice and still learning.

Thanks for the video, it is clear how the drone reacts to the device, to see the device itself would be very interesting too.

By the way, the car in the shade, is the first thing I do, looking for a shadow for the car, especially having batteries inside, which is bad heat for them. But what about you? in the sun? With how well you would be in the shade under that beautiful tree. I've already burned a few times flying, in the end you hardly blink and you only realize to put on the sunglasses to see well, I added in the door of the car a tube of sunscreen, you have to take care of yourself a little ?

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Funny, on cool days I set my packs out in the sun or on the dash to warm them up. Cold packs deliver lower voltage and shorter flight times. When I was racing electric RC boats we determined that 110 degrees F was the optimal temp for best performance.

@arruntus
I have natural tan skin, I don't burn that much. Must be the minuscule Indian blood in me?
My batteries have done ok in the back, so far.?

Reactions: arruntus
Funny, on cool days I set my packs out in the sun or on the dash to warm them up. Cold packs deliver lower voltage and shorter flight times. When I was racing electric RC boats we determined that 110 degrees F was the optimal temp for best performance.

I have even put them inside the pants, the cold lowers the capacity and the heat destroys them, there is no medium term. With heat, if it is possible that it is not always so, the car in the shade, even tucked inside a fridge with dry cold when I know I will not have shade. Something that happens many times when you do agriculture.

In winter when you don't fly, every 2 months check them all, and put them in storage again in case they have lost load, or at least to balance the cells. It's heavy because there are many of them among the different drones, but it's the minimum maintenance that needs to be done with them.

Then pray that with the passage of time do not lose too much capacity :rolleyes:

Reactions: DoomMeister
Arruntus,

From you no apology is ever necessary. To not agree, or to misunderstand, is never cause to apologize, especially with one such as yourself that gives more to these products than he takes.

In short, luv ya baby, and start feeling better soon as you can[emoji4]

and as uncouth as farting in an elevator![emoji2955]

Reminded me of a guy I used to work with, a retired Navy type. Whenever we had to travel and stayed in a high rise hotel he would make it a point to do that just before exiting the elevator. The higher class the hotel the worse foods he ate to up the methane level.

Uncouth doesn’t come close to describing that guy. He was also one that would take credit for the work of others while placing the blame for his errors on others.

Sounds like my last supervisor in the Air Force. A justifiable cause for friendly fire!

Sounds like my last supervisor in the Air Force. A justifiable cause for friendly fire!

With the right amount of internal pressure, the cause of death will be ruled to be a grenade... 100% plausible deniability. ?

With the right amount of internal pressure, the cause of death will be ruled to be a grenade... 100% plausible deniability. ?

Is that Hawaiian Revenge? Sitting on the pineapple! :rolleyes:

We digress, back to the thread at hand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy