Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A taste of Oz prices

wow buying a new H is like buying a new printer when it comes to batteries , you pay $99.99 for the printer or they give it too you for free then bang you for the ink ,LOL
fly safe

plus shipping.. just about right. So, no import for me
What can I say, any hobby will cost us a lot down here and I have a few of them:)

wow buying a new H is like buying a new printer when it comes to batteries , you pay $99.99 for the printer or they give it too you for free then bang you for the ink ,LOL
fly safe
H is not an exception rather a common practice. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything but what is annoying when prices are artificially increased without any logic behind it :(

Reactions: NRRTRAINS
H is not an exception rather a common practice. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything but what is annoying when prices are artificially increased without any logic behind it :(
hi
it would have been nice if they gave you two batteries to start , what they did is lower the the price , it's not bad , the same price when the Q500 4K came out .
fly safe

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Cost of living combined with exchange rates are tough to assess. But you do have more sunshine than I do in the UK so overall I think you get a good deal. You sound like my friends who emigrated to Australia 3 years ago, they're always complaining about costs so I think its a wonder anyone lives there, then again....

UK price for a battery is 109 GBP from Yuneec which I think is about 220 AUD and 160 USD.

It's how companies stay in business. One time purchase of a high dollar item, minimal profit, then make your profits and continued operating expenses on the consumables.

As an example. I've been in the concrete paving industry since 2006. The paving equipment is expensive. Something that will pave 22' wide, around 1 million dollars. One time purchase. Parts for that unit, darn expensive. Some companies are smart, others not so much.

One manufacturer sterilizes the components that they buy. Hydraulic pumps and motors, bearings, cylinders, filters...They take the data tag off or grind off the factory part number so you have to buy from them, at 2x+ the cost of anywhere else.

Another manufacturer does not do this, so at least you have a fair chance of finding it locally. One set of bearings for a particular component - 4 bearings - from the company that makes the paver, $1200. I was able to find them for $500. This is a once a season replacement.

Hydraulic pump - from the manufacturer, $8000.00. From a local hydraulic store, $2000.00.

If the company charged reasonable prices for the repair parts and consumables, they would go out of business. You can only sell so many large high dollar items that are made to last 10k hours of operation.

If Yuneec or DJI sold their batteries for the $10 it actually cost + a 30% profit, they would not be in business long enough to keep producing parts and new products.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval