Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

about to throw in the towel

Reaction score
never thought I say it but, I have been tossed into the don't give a crap bucket of Yuneec repair techs!

Sent my camera in, they turned it around in one day, I should have know better!

came back nothing is in focus, well a tiny part center left, Also updated that camera/H and st16 and the update scrambled the st16 to where its out of calibration and will not calibrate.

have to send that in now as well as the camera again --

2 st 16's replaced working on a third!
2 cameras, working on returning latest one and still have the other one that needs repair so thats 4 trips

I have never had Both H's complete and working at the same time -- I am beginning to think its not worth it - I have copied some higher ups , no replies --

guess Ill just play the game a little longer --

off my soapbox
sigh~~~~

Attachments

• YUN00002 copy.jpg
    YUN00002 copy.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 139
Silly thought, but have you tried sitting your H on a park bench (something off the ground & solid) and taking a photo in Gorgeous and Natural modes (not RAW). The reason I say that is because if Yuneec thinks your camera is fine, they may be testing it on a bench as one would expect (it's not always flying weather). When in the air, if there is a gimbal issue, you will get out of focus photos due to possible vibration.

Silly thought, but have you tried sitting your H on a park bench (something off the ground & solid) and taking a photo in Gorgeous and Natural modes (not RAW). The reason I say that is because if Yuneec thinks your camera is fine, they may be testing it on a bench as one would expect (it's not always flying weather). When in the air, if there is a gimbal issue, you will get out of focus photos due to possible vibration.

Yes I gave them a whole folder to look at --
Send them that image and ask them to cross ship a replacement.

Already done whole folder

Well they should know how to fix stuff shouldn't they? there is something wrong, the video on st16 is jerky, the stick is probably the issue or the gimbal or both Im just so tired of it all.

That really sucks Brian! Hope it all works out, seems like you've been more than patient with them.

Stick with it - when it all comes together it's deeply satisfying. I know plenty of people who've gone through a whole series of drones and the reality is that we're a long way from total reliability. They will need maintenance, fixing, adjusting, repairing and crash recovery - it's just part of the deal. At least Yuneec are trying to give a better level of service, even if it does seem a little inconsistent at times.

Reactions: Art-Tistic
Sorry to hear of your issues, @Brian Mackey. Totally know how you feel and totally understand. At least you have access to Yuneec CS there in the U.S. Here in Europe dealing with them is nothing short of a nightmare. They replaced my working and in good condition ST16 with an obvious "regift" (ie, refurbished) that has been problematic from the getgo. My camera which had focus issues from the very first day was "replaced" and focus "verified" only for me to discover that I have exactly the same issue....bad focus. I still own my TH but am looking to unload it here at Ebay España. What a freakin cluster-f**k.:mad:

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Stick with it - when it all comes together it's deeply satisfying. I know plenty of people who've gone through a whole series of drones and the reality is that we're a long way from total reliability. They will need maintenance, fixing, adjusting, repairing and crash recovery - it's just part of the deal. At least Yuneec are trying to give a better level of service, even if it does seem a little inconsistent at times.

I have and I have no choice I have a big investment in Yuneec H's and I cannot just go out and buy 920's instead LOL But man I am so frustrated with their lack of control!

Reactions: tranmission man

Tuna is right Brian! Many of the forum members are relatively new to AV drones and only know RTF machines.... until the H I have personally designed and built dozens of AV helicopters and "Y" hex's. All the R&D, troubleshooting and such was part of the game of dialing in a bird for media acquisition...Hundreds of hours if you're lucky, and once you got it dialed in you'd be hard pressed to allow a fly to fart near it, let alone fly it beyond your skill level (or for free).... I read the complaints on many forums and shake my head, none of these are true professional machines and yet we all expect performance and service as such (however, yes, a camera should be in focus before it level the assembly line!)...Yuneec is by far the best of these entry level drone manufacturers regarding CS. The H is not their "pro" machine, that would be the tornado, so in my opinion they have been giving excellent support for their hobby grade patrons. You just need to stick with it or if you want better support and a more reliable business machine look at their Tornado or call Tab at FreeFly and tell him Anthony from RunRyder says "hey".... The basic problems you are faced with wont exist at that price point.....just my 2 cents...

Ant

Tuna is right Brian! Many of the forum members are relatively new to AV drones and only know RTF machines.... until the H I have personally designed and built dozens of AV helicopters and "Y" hex's. All the R&D, troubleshooting and such was part of the game of dialing in a bird for media acquisition...Hundreds of hours if you're lucky, and once you got it dialed in you'd be hard pressed to allow a fly to fart near it, let alone fly it beyond your skill level (or for free).... I read the complaints on many forums and shake my head, none of these are true professional machines and yet we all expect performance and service as such (however, yes, a camera should be in focus before it level the assembly line!)...Yuneec is by far the best of these entry level drone manufacturers regarding CS. The H is not their "pro" machine, that would be the tornado, so in my opinion they have been giving excellent support for their hobby grade patrons. You just need to stick with it or if you want better support and a more reliable business machine look at their Tornado or call Tab at FreeFly and tell him Anthony from RunRyder says "hey".... The basic problems you are faced with wont exist at that price point.....just my 2 cents...

Ant

thanks I hear you -- I cannot afford the 920 or I would have it already :) I know the H's are not designed for business as it were but, they can bring in income, Im on disability and I sold all my ham gear and then some to make this a income solution, not to mention the cost of the 107 so, the least I should get for my money is some quality control on repairs. Im just Tired of it :)

Reactions: Art-Tistic
Hang in there Brian,
Mine is on the way back again for ST-16 issues (keeps loosing calibration) and for possible camera issues. I wrote a scathing Email to Yuneec about their "Quality" of service not being very good.
Yuneec is excellent at answering the phone, and supplying information and fixes over the phone. They have RMAed (at their expense) most peoples H for almost any reason.
They fail at the quality control on the repair end. I am hoping they get it right this time around.

Hang in there Brian,
Mine is on the way back again for ST-16 issues (keeps loosing calibration) and for possible camera issues. I wrote a scathing Email to Yuneec about their "Quality" of service not being very good.
Yuneec is excellent at answering the phone, and supplying information and fixes over the phone. They have RMAed (at their expense) most peoples H for almost any reason.
They fail at the quality control on the repair end. I am hoping they get it right this time around.

yeah its just very tiring :)

thanks I hear you -- I cannot afford the 920 or I would have it already :) I know the H's are not designed for business as it were but, they can bring in income, Im on disability and I sold all my ham gear and then some to make this a income solution, not to mention the cost of the 107 so, the least I should get for my money is some quality control on repairs. Im just Tired of it :)

I don't think the 920 is a solution until the new version comes out. I have been looking at the 920 forum and there are a few horror stories there!

Stick with the H. I am lucky to have two machines that work well (subject to fully checking out the new October upgrade) so all is possible.

For what's it's worth, I was also very frustrated with three different warranty return trips for one purchase. I am it seems now out of the woods and so far everything is behaving well and I'm getting some confidence back. It maybe a slow process but it seems staying on their support people and logging your own conversations and holding them to understanding how patient you've been helps. I believe they now know that a run of TH built early had issues and what firmware updates don't correct become warranty repairs. I see the Wizzard perhaps as the culprit? I've been so concerned with getting everything right with ST16 that I'm not ready to try the wizzard at all yet.

Oh yeah.. flew a Mavic the other day. Pretty amazing and for the size and weight is got a lot going for it. Great indoor shooting solution.

This was an easy repair it was an out of focus camera -- then their super duper firmware fubared my st-16 and it was out of calibration so Now I have a unusable camera and an unusable st16 which will take another two weeks of my life to get resolved -- My buddy here in eagle has a mavic :)

Did you try doing a fresh firmware doing a fresh firmware download and try again via clean SD card?

You guys must be in the USA. They (Yuneec Europe) simply will not do that. Biggest group of tech a-holes I've ever run across!
they do it here by case the first time around they cross shipped my st16's this time they wont, they are sending me out a new camera! great untested this should go well LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval