Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

And another blow to Yuneec

Actually as discussed in other thread, they aren't totally out of the military either and if they meet a few "easy to address" security issues, they'll probably gain additional market.

Not on the discussion of brand or security subject matter, but on the business & marketing subject. They are aggressively making headway in multiple tangents & markets. The Business side of discussion, they do apparently have a significant lead and dispite the few negatives in Court or Security penalties continue to gain ground and attention of Govt and State markets. In business prospective and competition that's an impressive achievement.

Last edited:
Reactions: AH-1G
If you want to destroy an enemy, you plant an insider.
They got caught trying to spy on our military, now why not go through public entities.
Big brother from China at our back door.
Agree Fully on the philosophy, and in combative arena... smash them! But at the same time... in a competitive market, it's best to know your opponent's strengths to find weakness. Denial or failing to learn their strengths isn't competitive... if security is a true concern then build a better widget and market it as superior... that is the part coming from any company I haven't seen successfully competitive and ponder why.... not just a USA company, any company.

If you want to destroy an enemy, you plant an insider.
They got caught trying to spy on our military, now why not go through public entities.
Big brother from China at our back door.

How are they getting caught, when they are contracted by the US military?

Answer to the first link.. And ohhhh.. I did a quick search to distinguish the pepper scare. Same Senator Murphy On October of 2018 Senator Murphy helps justice take flight

Answer to the second link.. Have you heard of the Kivu report?

Months after the sunrise of the FAA Reauthorization there are been lots of false flags. The giants, Amazon and Google wants our airspace, now let's sit back and really think... If DJI goes down, all other companies will go down, with it.

Regardless of viewing as friend or foe; Based on their recent accomplishments through a few doors previously thought barred; maybe politics, technology solutions, or unbeatable cost margins... I doubt when the dust settles any of the huge companies will loose momentum, including DJI.

I’ll run with this and stretch it out a bit...

Other than a few watchdog groups that attempt to keep reminding a deaf audience, the majority will prefer their internet, streaming video, eShopping commerce to the unknown alternative and the politicians will stay on subject long enough to jump to next subject in the limelight. As of current, all the above concerned security points are barely a whisper of attention compared to other useless babble dominating news. If security was truly being critically compromised, it’d still be months, years to rally unity to agree with so many pockets being filled or separate agendas.

All the gottcha’s on any of the big companies hasn’t slowed or phased them at all. All based on security of some format too.

Watch the shinny object in left hand folks, the right is doing all the work behind the back.

Security concerns... ?
Anyone notice the recent Ukraine election, the President we placed in 5 yrs ago to help USA agenda and strangle Putin’s control just got Ousted for a TV Actor and Biden’s son pushed out of Ukraine Govt... kinda shows their moving away from USA... wanna guess? Essentially soon passing functional USA military hardware over to Papa Bear. Barely hits the Importance Meter, doesn’t register a grave security concern; if all the active news babble was as important as the idiot politicians proclaim this would be major news & pending threat. Kinda a repeat of our last Ukraine failed attempt funding the 2004 Orange Revolution. Security concern, ya notice the major rail & road build up on the Russian China borders... getting more friendly than before while not advertising.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatR
From a different angle on market competition... transport size.
I'm enjoying getting the feel & operation of the H520. My H520 arrived in a black case of the same model as my Ronin MX case that was Orange, so made the swap!

For transporting... even before some examine the platform, many will decide on physical size.
For a 1" Sensor platform, on a bike or up a walking trail there is an advantage of the smaller package. In consumer market, portability plays an important decision point for pleasure hobbyist and prosumer that travels or needs portability.

Personally, I enjoy the larger crafts for several reasons.... Visually the larger the craft, much easier to spot in sky. One negative I quickly noticed on the Mavic 2 was the new color, it quickly blends into the sky... will definitely require a bright skin.

Reactions: arruntus and AH-1G
I love those boxes, especially for the professional feeling they give, but especially for the effective way they protect our drones. Now comes the big but, and you know what it is. The price is very high, and from what I see in Vertigo Drones have dropped quite a bit, I remember when they came out that instead of the $400 it's worth now, it cost $150 more. On the other hand the European models still cost from 550€ up and to the change they are about $640. Very expensive :confused:

I love those boxes, especially for the professional feeling they give, but especially for the effective way they protect our drones. Now comes the big but, and you know what it is. The price is very high, and from what I see in Vertigo Drones have dropped quite a bit, I remember when they came out that instead of the $400 it's worth now, it cost $150 more. On the other hand the European models still cost from 550€ up and to the change they are about $640. Very expensive :confused:
The Nanuk cases are great... strong wheels, handle, etc.
Have you tired their page for distributors...
If you have the model number, you may be able to get it through a non-drone shop.

I would agree, the Cases... both Nanuk & GPC are very pricey for what they are... plastic & foam.
The M600Pro case is $1000... I found one for $400 new, shop closing down.
Both of my Nanuk 960's came in package deals so my cost was pretty low on the case.

Good Luck on the Hunt if you're looking for the Nanuk 960.

Reactions: arruntus
The Nanuk cases are great... strong wheels, handle, etc.
Have you tired their page for distributors...
If you have the model number, you may be able to get it through a non-drone shop.

I would agree, the Cases... both Nanuk & GPC are very pricey for what they are... plastic & foam.
The M600Pro case is $1000... I found one for $400 new, shop closing down.
Both of my Nanuk 960's came in package deals so my cost was pretty low on the case.

Good Luck on the Hunt if you're looking for the Nanuk 960.

The nearest distributor in France, which is not bad but with care, looking for the specific model with the right foam becomes more difficult. We will see the specific prices that are when you take out the model of the H520. Thanks for the info :)

The nearest distributor in France, which is not bad but with care, looking for the specific model with the right foam becomes more difficult. We will see the specific prices that are when you take out the model of the H520. Thanks for the info :)
I'd check with just Nanuk dealer, then ask if he can special order the Model: NAN960YUNTH
May get ya somewhere... Good Luck!

Reactions: arruntus
I wonder if this will work with H Plus and H520’s PX4 based platform.

Interesting, I remember flying (front seat), both sticks in the Cobra's are mounted to a solid surface, makes it easy to maneuver.
It would take some time getting use to having this in your hand.
As you saw, people were moving their hands at the base of the of the controller when maneuvering.
When moving your bottom hand and at the same time moving the joystick you will not get full pitch. yaw, and roll, this could lead to a issues when flying.
I like the idea, but try holding that for a while with out some type of strap.

It’s able to be mounted, which is cool.

I recommend a platform to be mounted and a strap to around your neck.

Last edited:
That stick interface hardware has been advertised in several sites & magazines. I too took interest and thought it would be an interesting control alternative.

Watched these videos several times and just not seeing the fluid control benifit or convenience in comparison to 2 stick unit due to the extra hand hold and constant reliance on base held for stick movement to be read.

I do like the concept, add a base that detects movement... multiple gyros, etc... allowing all the movements detected while having only 1 hand committed... would be an improvement.

The dedicated cable between stick and DJI transmitter adds to the ground station complexity. Currently only DJI SDK interface is supported.

It definitely has a design direction to pursue and build on.

I like the idea but at the same time I put a catch. We all want to fly the drone and be able to control the camera fluently all at once and it may be that this device gets it so it would be a good control. The catch? that if you are attentive to the camera, to what it records, to turn it and at the same time make complex movements with the drone, we are going to neglect the most important aspect of flying a drone, its control at all times. I don't know if we would be able to have enough "eyes" in all situations to do both at once. This is dangerous.

On the other hand, despite being dangerous, we already do it habitually, don't we? The difference is that with this control the same if we have all the remote controls of the fingers with more comfort than with a traditional control that often sins that the sliders are not close, or that you have to release a control to act on another, and so on. In that sense I see a very interesting development. The traditional controllers usually do not take into account the ergonomics when acting on the stricks or sliders with which we control the camera. To have the control of movements of the aircraft with only one hand and to have the other hand for the control of the camera. Very interesting. It will be good to see reviews of the product.

For now they are going to focus only on DJI, which is normal because it is where they have more sales possibilities, but they also talk about Yuneec and 3DR. I understand that if they get enough sales success they will follow the development until it reaches us. Time to time and waiting for reviews.

Reactions: Dougcjohn and AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz