Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

And another blow to Yuneec

Care to wager a small confection on what it is? I say new "action cam" and not a new drone.

I don’t need to wager. If we do that in every unveiling, you’ll be broke.

I don’t see it as a blow to Yuneec. I see it more as an advance marketing strategy to illicit interest in a new product soon to be released by a company with a history of constant new product developments. It also is demonstrative of a company making a statement they intend to enter more markets to expand their presence and increase profitability through product line diversity.

In those areas Yuneec has been dead in the water since the release of the Typhoon H, with any new products since then very slow in arrival and even at that snails pace rife with deficiencies. So for Yuneec it’s not so much as a “blow” but more like business as usual.

Or I could spend $100 on a Gitup Git2 and get 99% of the same functionality plus have a choice of 170, 120, or 90 FOV. More crap nobody needs.

I was about to agree with what you say, but I have been prudent and what I was most interested in seeing was to see the anti-vibration system even though the field of vision is more reduced. And the truth is I'm surprised. Competition is always good, for us as consumers, and in this case it is not only for GoPro, which is going to be in trouble, but for Yuneec also as they implement the system in their drone cameras, which they will do.

I put a video, seeing the first 48 seconds is enough, it's brutal how the system works, I've seen several comparisons and for now the best is this one. Bearing in mind that these cameras are no longer worth 700€, which is a totally exorbitant price, and although they could cost something less for what they are, for less than 400€, they can bring you the latest and in this case I think that DJI, just looking at the anti-vibration system, has done very well.

And not only with the stabilization system of a sports camera, the Ronin S gimbal also gives surprising results and in this sense all that technology is applied directly to the gimbals of the drones. I know that it is very unfair to compare DJI, which is a giant, with Yuneec, things clear, but when Yuneec has had in hand to hit the table, has wasted it miserably, moreover, to this day for our misfortune still does not catch up ?

I was about to agree with what you say, but I have been prudent and what I was most interested in seeing was to see the anti-vibration system even though the field of vision is more reduced. And the truth is I'm surprised. Competition is always good, for us as consumers, and in this case it is not only for GoPro, which is going to be in trouble, but for Yuneec also as they implement the system in their drone cameras, which they will do.

I put a video, seeing the first 48 seconds is enough, it's brutal how the system works, I've seen several comparisons and for now the best is this one. Bearing in mind that these cameras are no longer worth 700€, which is a totally exorbitant price, and although they could cost something less for what they are, for less than 400€, they can bring you the latest and in this case I think that DJI, just looking at the anti-vibration system, has done very well.

And not only with the stabilization system of a sports camera, the Ronin S gimbal also gives surprising results and in this sense all that technology is applied directly to the gimbals of the drones. I know that it is very unfair to compare DJI, which is a giant, with Yuneec, things clear, but when Yuneec has had in hand to hit the table, has wasted it miserably, moreover, to this day for our misfortune still does not catch up ?
Interesting results in the stabilization test in the first part of the video. Other reviewers found that the stabilization was not as good as GoPro. Not only for the fact that it was less stabilized, but also that the Osmo crops 22% of the image! It was determined that the reason the stabilization looked so good in the video above, was that the Osmo was mounted in the center, and the other 2 were on the outside, so of course the middle camera is going to have less movement mounted as they were on handlebars.

Reactions: arruntus
Interesting results in the stabilization test in the first part of the video. Other reviewers found that the stabilization was not as good as GoPro. Not only for the fact that it was less stabilized, but also that the Osmo crops 22% of the image! It was determined that the reason the stabilization looked so good in the video above, was that the Osmo was mounted in the center, and the other 2 were on the outside, so of course the middle camera is going to have less movement mounted as they were on handlebars.

You're right, in other reviews I also saw that the GoPro was a little better. But it depends on what you do.

Regarding the cut I have doubts, given that the FOV of the Osmo is smaller, we know for sure that does not take more FOV and automatically cuts it to avoid distortions? Bearing this in mind? that 22% can be in that extra size? I don't know, but for something I've seen in some review, it's possible that they found that solution.

Anyway, be it better or worse and always thinking about drones, it is very good news that there is competition, in the end we are going to be the beneficiaries. The Osmo Action is still very green and it will be interesting to see it mounted on a drone and although I have been looking for now I have not found any, other than DJI.

I like the log file, and the low res capabilities. A video during content collection in Hawaii, from a prototype model.

I will hold back from posting my own opinion. Since all of the VBlogger has already posted theirs.

Here’s my Kai, and he is a credible reviewer.

The thing is most of what's in the Osmo Action and Hero 7 isn't amazing new tech. It's repackaging old tech into catchy new advertising packages. The only improvement I see is stabilization. If a more stable image on your hand held action cam is worth an additional $300-$400 then go for it. Otherwise they're just extremely expensive waterproof point and shoot cams.

Reactions: PatR, 10-8 and RPR
The stabilization, 1 hour of 4K 60fps, raw, less FOW (for my taste) and that together with a soft gimbal, well configured, could get very good images. The penalty is the size of the sensor for the details.

In the end it's a matter of having tools that save you work, and the post-stabilization process is very annoying.

Regarding the price, it is $350, we no longer move in the range of 600 or 700. Although I still find it a bit expensive, it will be a matter of seeing flight tests in real drone, where we can really see how it behaves.

Personal feelings are that none of the small actions cams have been worth over $200.00 or so. Incredibly, they found a way to con people into paying considerably more for them. The same applies to the vast majority of the cameras slung under multirotors.

Personal feelings are that none of the small actions cams have been worth over $200.00 or so. Incredibly, they found a way to con people into paying considerably more for them. The same applies to the vast majority of the cameras slung under multirotors.

Huh?

The majority of the various multirotor cameras cost less than $100.00 to produce. What they are sold for is more than their average labor force person makes in a month. Same applies to a Go Pro.

But they threw a grossly inflated price on them, people bought them without thinking, and the numbers sold was proof people would pay just about any amount for instant gratification.

The average mark up on photographic equipment is ~600%. Toys are more.

The majority of the various multirotor cameras cost less than $100.00 to produce. What they are sold for is more than their average labor force person makes in a month. Same applies to a Go Pro.

But they threw a grossly inflated price on them, people bought them without thinking, and the numbers sold was proof people would pay just about any amount for instant gratification.

The average mark up on photographic equipment is ~600%. Toys are more.

Probably the general population is not as savvy and smart as you?

Reactions: Fenwick
Prices are very relative and we should all think about it a little before buying anything, in a consumer society as brainless as the one in which we live above all. And I give examples so that you understand what I mean because I totally agree with PatR.

Whoever thinks of spending 1000€ on an iPhone when for 300€ he has another phone with which he will be able to do exactly the same thing, but exactly the same thing. Because to have an apple phone is to be a person who is "fashionable", who is a person who is believed to have a status above others or who wants to reach it when he can not even if he has to eat only bread the rest of the month. This is the rotten consumer society we live in and these are the people who make prices inflate. As a whole it's called making a "trademark", creating hipie and deceiving people who in 99% of the cases don't even look at the specifications, who only look at the brand.

I think most of us who are here, who are dealing with technological devices, look at everything else. We look at reviews, we look at prices, comparisons and tests. Then we decide if the price is worth it for our purposes.

Returning to sports cameras, GoPro has undoubtedly been the king of sports cameras, if you wanted the best you had to pay a disproportionate price for their cameras given the lack of competition. The cameras entered the market the so-called "Chinese" cameras, and I say bad calls because every time they say it people refer to them as cheap and bad, but in this sector the vast majority comes from China, are the world leaders without any doubt in matters of drones, so I understand that at least in these matters are not those bad and useless products that are worth nothing, on the contrary, we also have bad. This made the sales of GoPro go down at an exponential speed, because in the end, so that I will pay 600 € for a camera to record 4 videos if for 100 € I have one that for me does the same function. Common sense began to be implemented. GoPro lowered the price of the top of the range to less than 400€.

Right now, the king has come out a very serious competitor, with a lot of backing (read money) that has brought to market and camera with the characteristics of its flagship (or better, this for tastes) and something cheaper. A competitor that I don't think will stop here and continue to evolve, I think has arrived to stay, which for us as consumers, is very good for us. And hopefully another competitor will appear at this level so that they will fight each other to the death and we will obtain quality products at a reasonable price and with quality.

What I have said so far has a superlative influence on the price of products. The hipie, brand or whatever you want to call it and the lack of competition. This leads us irremediably to ask ourselves, is really worth this product 1000 € when it costs them to produce 100 € and if you add the development would be 200 € (they calculate before what the development will cost, I'm putting prices at random) and sell for 4, 6 or 10 times more? They call this free market, don't they?

Probably the general population is not as savvy and smart as you?

Friend RPR, of course not. The masses let themselves be dragged, they don't think, as everyone else does this I also do it and I don't stop to think what's best. We are so robotized that they take away our ability to think for ourselves and if we do something different or think something different from what the general population thinks we are no longer right. This is not true. They let themselves be dragged by the comments of the others, by the bought opinions, nowadays of many youtubers that are sold, they are sold to be able to live and they dress their supposed sold opinions as sincere. The companies would not pay for those reviews if it were not so and the circle is closed. They get more sales by deceiving people. Everybody is happy. All but those who bother to look at what they are buying and want to make the most of their money and resist being robbed. Of course, if you believe, after having looked, after having informed you, that what the majority says is the best and that the price is right for you, go ahead, but please investigate.

To sum up and forgive, I know I'm a pain in the ***. We should all look at the market, look at specifications, investigate, look at comparisons and decide what is best for us, and not look at what the majority or anything says. This would minimally turn us into smart buyers, although I know it's hard to get because they manipulate and deceive us from all sides.

Reactions: h-elsner
Whoever thinks of spending 1000€ on an iPhone when for 300€ he has another phone with which he will be able to do exactly the same thing, but exactly the same thing. Because to have an apple phone is to be a person who is "fashionable", who is a person who is believed to have a status above others or who wants to reach it when he can not even if he has to eat only bread the rest of the month. This is the rotten consumer society we live in and these are the people who make prices inflate.

One person pretends to be wealthy, but has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet is rich.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval