Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Arm transplant - are all the arms the same?

Reaction score
I am trying to repair some broken arms on an H. I had two broken B arms (white props) but I only had two spare A arms. I swapped the white motors out of the broken B arms into the A arms to keep the rotation correct. It seemed to fly ok however I am finding I have two issues:

1. All three white B motors are hot,
2. I cant get the props to shut off after manually landing and it tipped over twice tonight. I held down the red arm button to shut down but no joy.

Could the arm swap be causing the overheating motors? Are the arms interchangeable or are there differences I cant see. Are they position sensitive?

Thx.

The motors are the same and simply need the correct quick prop adapter - black or white.
However, the A and B arms are different. You need to find two B arms to replace the those that you installed.

However, the A and B arms are different.

In which way are they different? I once had a crash with my Typhoon H and not the right spare arm in stock so I just used the other one. Was not a problem at all. Only the incorrect marking was confusing me so I installed the correct one a while later once I got it.

Perhaps they are identical other than the label

I am quiet sure they are. I have both version lying in front of me right now and I cannot tell any difference. What I noticed is that the B-arms sometimes have a silver aluminium spacer beyond the motor while the A-arms have a black one. It might be a coincidence since Yuneec did several minor changes to their drones without letting anybody know.

I wondered if they might have a different angle in order to counter the momentum. Several manufactures tried to make their birds more stable by doing so. In my Opionion it does not make a noticable difference. Nevertheless I cannot see any angle other than the obvios upward tilt.

Reactions: Steve Carr
The seem to be the same except for the lettering, the adapter for props and internals in the copter decide the rest.

I wondered if they might have a different angle in order to counter the momentum. Several manufactures tried to make their birds more stable by doing so. In my Opionion it does not make a noticable difference. Nevertheless I cannot see any angle other than the obvios upward tilt.
That is exactly what I was looking for when I examined them more closely this morning. I presumed there was an angle difference. I agree, they look identical and should work the same in any position. Just need to put a label over the letter.
I am glad you pointed this out. I will make easier to replace motor arms on the 520 and H Plus as well.

Thank you for your information. This is all what I was thinking also! However, I cannot figure out why the "white" prop motors are all running hot and the "black" prop ones are cool. I am running the same motors it had before and just the arms were swapped out thus my question.

If there is a next time, I am happy to know I can just swap the prop holder instead of having to do a motor swap as that was a pain getting the wires past the rivet.

I am also still not sure why the motor shut down (red button on remote) was failing to work after landing but THAT still could be user error (but I don't think so). I was standing there pressing the button when it tilted over on its side with the motors running... fortunately no damage but still frustrating.

What I noticed is that the B-arms sometimes have a silver aluminium spacer beyond the motor while the A-arms have a black one. It might be a coincidence since Yuneec did several minor changes to their drones without letting anybody know.
Are you talking about the plate under the LED module with the 4 screws (that hold the motor on the arm) going through it?? All were silver on mine if that is the one.

I was worried about this also with the motors overheating- like they were working harder because of something I had not noticed.

Thanks!!!

Are you talking about the plate under the LED module with the 4 screws (that hold the motor on the arm) going through it?? All were silver on mine if that is the one.

Exactly! I have some silver and some black ones. For some reason only my B-arms do have a white one. But as it seems it is only a coincidence.

I was worried about this also with the motors overheating- like they were working harder because of something I had not noticed.

Like I said I did it for several weeks without any problems other than beeing confused by the wrong letter.

Exactly! I have some silver and some black ones. For some reason only my B-arms do have a white one. But as it seems it is only a coincidence.

Like I said I did it for several weeks without any problems other than beeing confused by the wrong letter.

Obviously I put all those reinforcing plates back in so that can't be my issue but again, all of mine were the same. Yes I can understand how the letter would be confusing, but since I go by the color rather than the letter, that is not an issue for me! Since you got it to work, I am hopeful that I did not completely screw up doing this. I think I am seeing one of the transplanted motors leaning slightly but I was not sure if that was a feature of the A vs B arms or just something going on with that one arm.

New here but I repair drones for some time now. The arms are the same no matter the letter printed on them. The power control board determines in what direction is rotating.
A- motors rotating Clockwise and B- motors Counterclockwise so you have to install the quick prop adapter correctly Black on A- motors White on B- motors That's all it matter.
So don't wait on Yuneec to have in stock the arm is not working on your drone use whatever you have or find to buy.

New here but I repair drones for some time now. The arms are the same no matter the letter printed on them. The power control board determines in what direction is rotating.
A- motors rotating Clockwise and B- motors Counterclockwise so you have to install the quick prop adapter correctly Black on A- motors White on B- motors That's all it matter.
So don't wait on Yuneec to have in stock the arm is not working on your drone use whatever you have or find to buy.
that is good to know. I did use whatever I had. Now my problem is that the 3 B motors (white) seem to be seriously overheating.

Switch the position of any two of the three motor wires and watch what happens to rotation direction. You can then decide what controls motor rotation direction.

Switch the position of any two of the three motor wires and watch what happens to rotation direction. You can then decide what controls motor rotation direction.

Absolutly right but actually there is no need for reversing the motors. Yuneec seems to have already minded that. At least in my case.

that is good to know. I did use whatever I had. Now my problem is that the 3 B motors (white) seem to be seriously overheating.

There is a label on the side of the drone and I think they know motors will get hot during the flight. Now I don't know how hot yours are but you can measure them with an infrared thermometer and see the difference between them.

Attachments

• 20190806_200640_HDR.jpg
    20190806_200640_HDR.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 16
There is a label on the side of the drone and I think they know motors will get hot during the flight. Now I don't know how hot yours are but you can measure them with an infrared thermometer and see the difference between them.
I forgot about that label! I was concerned because the "black" motors are a lot cooler that the "white" ones and since I fussed with the white ones I figured I had done something wrong.

Again, good advice!! Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis