Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ask what you want to see with the 520

Reaction score
Just so I can keep track and help some people this is going in the help section.

Starting on Tuesday 26 Sep 2017, I will have some free time to do some videos and other 520 related items. Here is your chance to request what you want to see. I will, within reason attempt to capture the data you are looking for.

Delayed slightly do to disaster relief in Puerto Rico.

Last edited:
Thanks Bob,
I would like to know actual flight time minutes under normal conditions and not hot rodding, realizing any conditions you encounter on that day.
Can you let us know the weather conditions of that flight. Yes E90 for sure, I use a lot for commercial construction related projects including highway bridges.

1- Actual hover time from take off to land in calm air until critical battery voltage.
2- Still photos at high resolution untouched and down-loadable from Google drive or similar.
2- Same as still but video.

Thank You for taking the time. It is a big financial upgrade and not sure if IQ is worth it over TH.

1- Actual hover time from take off to land in calm air until critical battery voltage.
2- Still photos at high resolution untouched and down-loadable from Google drive or similar.

Thank You for taking the time. It is a big financial upgrade and not sure if IQ is worth it over TH.
Oh my goodness, you live in a very beautiful part of Montana.

Bob,
I think I read somewhere that the 520 is NOT slated to have a team mode.
I hope this is something Yuneec will reconsider. As a HAM radio operator I have used my 480 to inspect a few radio towers. When you are 50-200 feet in the air you are really concentrating on NOT flying into one of the many antenna elements hanging from a boom. Would be nice to have someone else film/control the camera when they fly near something like that.
Video wise:
To keep things equal, You need to shoot the same scene with the different cameras. Use some color chart targets, Try to shoot the same day so lighting is about the same from camera to camera. I would like to see the various VIDEO and STILL settings along with resulting output.

PS:
Really appreciate you doing this for us.

Last edited:
If you could let us know if real sense is compatible.
Also above questions on team mode
Thanks for your time

For asking not to be :D

• Auxiliary USB port, check if it is able to supply power
  • Planning a route in detail by looking at the possible options
  • Planning a photogrammetry mission in detail by looking at the possible options
  • Circular missions
  • Camera options (for now on the E90) and configuration under different situations, too much sunshine, normal light and sunset/sunset or low light situation
  • Camera control, rotation speed and modes
  • Video output, 5.8GHZ and HDMI port, external device connection and features
It has already been mentioned, people don't read the manuals that is very bad so it would be good to make some videos of the basic procedures well explained.

• Initial procedures when buying the aircraft and advice from time to time on how often it is necessary to repeat them: calibrations
  • GUI Explanation
  • Flight modes, characteristics and differences
  • Charging the battery and tips
  • General configuration
  • Update procedure
  • Maintenance

I hope you have time because you're on vacation :)

I've thought of more things but I think it would be abusive :p

Seriously now, anything you can contribute will be welcome, even if it's little, it will be a lot. Thanks a lot, Bob.

Two more Bob

Running tests with cameras:

• Test the exposure. In automatic and with different values to see the differences and behavior.
  • Speed tests to check if the propellers come out in images to try to establish safe values of the camera inclination with respect to the horizon.
More things are coming out ;) and I'm sure more will come out :rolleyes:

It's a lot of things, I'm still without the orange bird and it's going to take a while to help with the tests, but there are more and more people who have it. Let's see if we all get it together :)

And one more (Please don't hate me, Bob)

• We have seen that the aircraft's internal storage capacity is 8 GB. How much is the ST16S?

Ditto. Also any RAW photos/videos along with settings used. Thanks

According to Dan Farren of Yuneec UK the H520 flight controller has a "mix" which allows two stick movement flight. Can you explain what this does and how to action it please?

Thank you.
I'd be keen to see a solid, practical, end-to-end example of a mixed survey with combined nadir cross hatch and then immediate follow through into waypoint-based oblique shots for good 3d mapping assets.
Also, example of a programmed, repeatable, vertical / building / tower inspection using waypoints.

hello, when would we have Orbite mode for inspecting towers, old
windmill etc. added to missions mode. he is on the H why not on the H520. . It seems to me essential to facilitate some inspections.

How about the differences between the two, as in what would be missing on the 520 versus the 480 that would be missed

hello, when would we have Orbite mode for inspecting towers, old
windmill etc. added to missions mode. he is on the H why not on the H520. . It seems to me essential to facilitate some inspections.

Yuneec has said the missing modes on the 520 will be in upcoming FW updates. They rolled it out without them to get the basic system out, then will be adding feature in later updates similar to what they did with the H480. Just hope they don't screw anything up in the process like last time.

Control implementation request for the Angle parameter.

When we create survey missions we have two very important parameters to optimize them. The Entry parameter and the Angle parameter.

The problem is with the Angle parameter. I mean, to determine the angle of the passes we must enter the number of degrees of these and determine if it is the most correct. Every time we enter a new value we have to click on the control, enter the data and validate it. This process must be repeated many times to obtain optimal results.

Yuneec could modify the type of control to enter the values?

In the ST16S a circular control, for example, that you move with your finger and see in real time how the distance values, number of batteries, etc. change. In DataPilotPlanner a normal numerical control where you can click and go up or down the value.

Angle Control.png

It's an idea, it would be very useful.

Thank you

Last edited:
Just so I can keep track and help some people this is going in the help section.

Starting on Tuesday 26 Sep 2017, I will have some free time to do some videos and other 520 related items. Here is your chance to request what you want to see. I will, within reason attempt to capture the data you are looking for.

Delayed slightly do to disaster relief in Puerto Rico.
Landing repeat ability with the RTL mode. Very curious what the repeat ability is in inches if this is even possible

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwight.a.atkinson