Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Back to a damper question

That's encouraging to hear, @DCH :) I am now attempting badly to knot floss, and the rain has stopped so I'm off down the field in a bit. I trust you, and approach my tests with renewed hope !

Have any of you guys ever attempted to hold a tarantula ? It is literally impossible to keep their Abdomens from shaking about while they sit in your hand - you are literally amazed at how tenuously it seems to be connected to the rest of them. Yet they are able to move whilst keeping their back ends absolutely rock steady. I am hoping the gimbal will do much the same sort of thing with those extended dampers - wobbly in the hand, steady in the air under its own support :) They don't bite either, so that's nice.

Last edited:
Back from the test flights, and can confirm yes, those dampers are perfect. Thanks @DCH - all good now :) That's 3 out of 3 golden cats from me ? ? ?

Reactions: Rubik
Did I miss something along the way? How does a short in the camera wiring bring down the TH?
I will be checking mine soon, anyway.

How does a short in the camera wiring bring down the TH?
I don't think we know that for certain, but we do have at least 1 person who made a crash report to this site where that is exactly what happened. A short occurred there, and their machines dropped from the sky like stones.

But I'm with you - if that plate above the wires is plastic (mine isn't galvanised or partly chromed either - it's just black plastic) then the short must have been between 2 exposed wires rather than between a single exposed wire and the plate above. But I am not an electronics whizz, so happy to be corrected by those that are. But let's hypothesize and say positive and negative camera power lines somehow touched whilst in flight - I can sort of see how that kind of power disturbance might make it back to the mainboard and by extension, the flight controller & ESC's / motors.

Last edited:
I hate to pour oil over calm waters, but in the flyings yesterday I had some shaky footage with the new dampers :/
I was flying forwards and losing height fast while the camera did a moderate speed 360 pan, and just for a little, I got a little bit of jello / shakiness before all returned to normal perfection. Only lasted 3 seconds or so but was definitely / noticeably there while it was. Rest of flight fine. I wonder if my floss might be a little tight :)

I hate to pour oil over calm waters, but in the flyings yesterday I had some shaky footage with the new dampers :/
I was flying forwards and losing height fast while the camera did a moderate speed 360 pan, and just for a little, I got a little bit of jello / shakiness before all returned to normal perfection. Only lasted 3 seconds or so but was definitely / noticeably there while it was. Rest of flight fine. I wonder if my floss might be a little tight :)
I think everyone has had a shake in their copters lifetime, could be a gust of wind up high or a funny moment from a motor, just something that happens.

Reactions: AeroJ
The refurbished H Pro I bought has the bulb type dampeners. Does It mean it is not a Pro or just has the wrong dampeners from the refurb? and if so , where can I get the correct ones? The box says it is a + cam / Pro.

The OEM for the CGO3+ is the single (bulb) type, but it has been discovered that fraying of the wires can occur with them. The slightly longer 3 rib dampeners that are standard on the CGO3 have been found to be a better solution.

Reactions: DCH
Can't speak for everywhere, but they are getting sparse, got the last pack from Yuneec UK last year.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200614-200051.png
    Screenshot_20200614-200051.png
    363.9 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: DCH
I've been scouring the Web for Alternatives, and have quite a Collection of Dampers & Pins.
I'm looking for a Friend who speaks Fluent Chinese.........the Only words I know are "Ah-So" but they always Hang Up on me when I use them...JK....;)

Attachments

• Dampers & Retainer Pins 10.1.png
    Dampers & Retainer Pins 10.1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
My wife got 2 dampers in with her own method which I don't know. Russ the guy who used to work at kav before they closed down last dec. Did it with just his fingers and I saw him put one on in less than 10 seconds. Whatever works and have a supply.

Reactions: johnnyb57

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1