Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery adapter for the Typhoon-H on the way

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was checking the FB page of a colleague of mine and saw this exchange between him and Frank over at CarolinaDrones. Frank is in the process of developing some type of adapter that will allow us to plug in and charge correctly the Typhoon's silly battery. Don't know what it looks like or when it will be out, but Frank did say "soon."
Jon Appalling - Hello Frank. I just saw a post on... | Facebook

Can anyone else say, YIPEEE! :D

Hey everyone. I was checking the FB page of a colleague of mine and saw this exchange between him and Frank over at CarolinaDrones. Frank is in the process of developing some type of adapter that will allow us to plug in and charge correctly the Typhoon's silly battery. Don't know what it looks like or when it will be out, but Frank did say "soon."
Jon Appalling - Hello Frank. I just saw a post on... | Facebook

Can anyone else say, YIPEEE! :D
Yipee HiYa! Ride em cowboy!

If the H charger has screws holding it together, then I am going to do some surgery this weekend. And if I have to I will do some 3D printing.

Reactions: Icarus and vincent
Well this looks simple. Unsolder this connector and build a harness for my charger.

26688699263_b7b153dfeb_b.jpg

Reactions: Icarus
Wonder if mouser stocks that connector

I really hope i'm wrong here, but Mouser won't have that. It's almost certainly proprietary. I'm pretty sure it's sourced out of China as well, which means no US distribution. Most companies try to keep charging connectors locked down since it generates huge profits in the form of battery sales.

I think our best hope is that these become popular enough that some Chinese entrepreneur builds knock offs.

The Quick Charge Adaptor for the 'Blade' fits perfectly on the 'H' Battery (Size). I think you could adapt that as a 'Holder' for the 'H' battery connection block. Im going to have a go at that as I don't have access to a 3D Printer.

Last edited:
Great post! So that's a modified Deans connector. I guess those 3 pins are for three of the four cells, so one of those posts must be for battery cell #4. The other two posts are the Pos/Neg mains.

Guess you get to have the fun sorting it out, but that's definitely do-able!

Great post! So that's a modified Deans connector. I guess those 3 pins are for three of the four cells, so one of those posts must be for battery cell #4. The other two posts are the Pos/Neg mains.

Guess you get to have the fun sorting it out, but that's definitely do-able!

As you look at the Photo (post #6), starting from the LHS the connections are ..... 'Main Negative' / '+Cell1' / '+Cell2' / '+Cell3' / '+Cell4 / 'Main Positive'. The 3 connections that look like 'Pins' are Spring Loaded.

Last edited:
@34Ford @Andyzonk IMHO this connector Yuneec came up with is totally nonsensical. Why would they do this (that was a rhetorical question, btw)?

Usually Horizontal and Vertical Connections are used for precisely locating the mating connector but I suspect 'Typhooned' in post #7 is also correct. The Chinese are very good at copying things and it will not be long before this connection is available on a Quick charge lead. (I Hope)

Usually Horizontal and Vertical Connections are used for precisely locating the mating connector but I suspect 'Typhooned' in post #7 is also correct. The Chinese are very good at copying things and it will not be long before this connection is available on a Quick charge lead. (I Hope)
This is exactly what Frank over at Carolina Drones is doing. AFAICT he will fabricate some sort of sleeve or adapter that plugs on to the Yuneec battery. On the other end of this "sleeve" I'm again assuming that he will have the two main leads coming out (pos/neg) plus the 4-pin balancing lead. If that's the arrangement, I'm hoping that he will leave the main leads just tinned with no connectors so we can choose our own (XT60 in my case). Or at least offer the option.

This is exactly what Frank over at Carolina Drones is doing. AFAICT he will fabricate some sort of sleeve or adapter that plugs on to the Yuneec battery. On the other end of this "sleeve" I'm again assuming that he will have the two main leads coming out (pos/neg) plus the 4-pin balancing lead. If that's the arrangement, I'm hoping that he will leave the main leads just tinned with no connectors so we can choose our own (XT60 in my case). Or at least offer the option.

Perfect - Can I order one now Please.........

Perfect - Can I order one now Please.........
Drop him a note either at his FB page, or his web site. I know he's close to releasing the product but all small business people like the encouragement nontheless (speaking from my own personal experience here).;)

I like that, where is mine?
Very good looking professional job. I can't wait for a better faster charge/discharge for my H batteries

Reactions: JohnL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval