Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery adapter for the Typhoon-H on the way

looks nice and now lets fill it with batteries!
I have now also added a locking mechanism which is currently printing and hope I get the batteries soon so we
can get the flight time of those 6.6Ah batteries and wehter we can even fly longer for cheaper :)

Andy

looks nice and now lets fill it with batteries!
I have now also added a locking mechanism which is currently printing and hope I get the batteries soon so we
can get the flight time of those 6.6Ah batteries and wehter we can even fly longer for cheaper :)

Andy

You will probably get the battery in there before me Andy. They are sold out in the US. The easiest way I got it to lock it modeling an extrusion on the top side of the tray that catches into the void on the top of the copter bay. It's really simple an it works.

Keep us posted once you get the battery.

20160630_130608.jpg 20160630_104541.jpg I'm very transparent about the design and the sales as well the overall compatibility. These are the latest photos with the dean split and inserted no glue required and the locking tab I designed. Fits beautifully no struggle required. Ironically yuneec is shipping out batteries with the quickness as this adpater started selling. Hmmmmmm

20160630_095550.jpg 20160630_095836.jpg

Last edited:
Unless yuneec drastically reduce the battery there is a market for these. Also the benefit of parallel charging is there for those who have that ability......me!

I normally charge 12 lipos in one go on a pair of chargers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralphy
Unless yuneec drastically reduce the battery there is a market for these. Also the benefit of parallel charging is there for those who have that ability......me!

I normally charge 12 lipos in one go on a pair of chargers.
Holy ****. You're a lot braver man than me, son. I chicken out at four (maybe six) and even then never leave the room, have my bucket O'sand and fire extinguisher at the ready.:eek:

one of my helis uses a pair of 6s 5000mah batts so that lot is only 6 flights and keep in mind they are MAX 4.5 mins per flight so multi c charging parallel is the "normal" for me, but it is not for everyone as i have said before.

i have 3 big ammo boxes full to the brim with lipos and anyone with lipos would be wise to invest in some IMO.

lastly, do not leave them unattended and i charge next to my patio door so should anything happen out they go in their ammo box..the grass can burn rather than the house!

this is same as my setup.....

0042.jpg

Last edited:
Dear God!

one of my helis uses a pair of 6s 5000mah batts so that lot is only 6 flights and keep in mind they are MAX 4.5 mins per flight so multi c charging parallel is the "normal" for me, but it is not for everyone as i have said before.

i have 3 big ammo boxes full to the brim with lipos and anyone with lipos would be wise to invest in some IMO.

lastly, do not leave them unattended and i charge next to my patio door so should anything happen out they go in their ammo box..the grass can burn rather than the house!

this is same as my setup.....

0042.jpg

got into this late, and had to send back the first H, so waiting for new one.
Possible pin for spring pins are mill-max 0854-0-15-20-82-14-11-0. I'm going to make a charger adaptor first, (wrong post area?). Then i may fire up the 3d printer after i adjust second nozzle. I want to encapsulate the charger base in epoxy.
enjoying the battery discussion. I've had a tarot large 900mm hex for a while that lifted 19lbs!.I guess i can turbocharge the H motors!

Did a full charge on both the stock battery and the one I the tray. I hovered 30% of the time moved around constantly 45% and climbed to 400ft hovered and came down 15% of the time

Factory yuneec and the Turnigy 6600

16.7v@start ............ turnigy 16.7v@start
15.3v@5min ............. turnigy 15.6v@5 min
14.4v@17 min ............ turnigy14.5v@17min
14.3v first [email protected] ........... turnigy14.3v first alert @18.17
14.1v @19.28 ............. turnigy 13.9v land immediately 19.80
14.0v 19.42 land immediately ............ turnigy landed and I shut it down voltage climb 14.1v
Landed 13.8v and shut down auto and voltage didn't climb

Last edited:
So, with these adapters, once you add a battery to them, is the battery removeable for charging? Have a pic of one with a battery installed? Are you just wiring normal plugs to the adapter and sliding the battery in?

Well done Ralphy!!! Great to see it working.
However the flight times are a bit disappointing... I hoped fr more but yeah so the Yuneec Batteries
have also 6.6Ah in it in there for the same flight time maybe the Quality of them are not the same as
the Turnigy one and of course the Yuneecs are way more expensive!

Guess what, my battery did also turn up but i couldn't go flying since it was raining the whole day.
So I just mounted it to my battery frame and it fits nicely. Very tight but it fits :)

@Ken448 I think this answers your question.

here are some pics:
typhoonH_deans_13.JPG

typhoonH_deans_14.JPG

typhoonH_deans_15.JPG

And here the final product:
typhoonH_deans_16.JPG

Andy

In my opinion you need to find a way to reuse that battery tray so you buy one tray and can have several batts. Not sure if there is room left to solder in an adapter of your choice so you just plug the battery into that and go fly.

this is also possible it always depends on how big you like the tray.
This particular tray is "just" made for the Turnigy 6.6Ah so it fits nice and snugly.
However you can easily fit in a 5.4ah battery but you won't get the flight time.
If you like to swap in and out a Turnigy 6.6Ah battery into the tray the tray is going to be
considerably longer so that an Xt60 can fit in. And the CG will be shifted even more...

Andy

You don't need an xt60 for the amp draw involved here so you could save space by changing it worst case.

I don't see much point in buying a tray plus a battery as it is not far off the cost of the yuneec battery this way and you also need charge adapters. Basically more to forget when you go flying.

Forget the cg unless it is way out, the flight controller will handle that. If you fly outside the wind has same impact.

thats true but you need also to modify the battery to another connector (since turnigy comes with an xt60)
It depends on how much the tray is sold (i didn't release any plans on selling it especially not on how much)
I have an idea how we actually could do that let me design it and we look further :)

Andy

Most people who will buy these will be happy to change the connection to whatever their favourite is as if you buy this you need a different charger anyway so sooner or later a soldering iron is required or buying more adapters.

Whatever you do, great work buddy and I look forward to getting my hands on one ASAP.

Reactions: Rayray
Actually I don't have to redesign anything since you're right, erveryone has its own preference of what kind of connector he likes to use. So its easier to make a generic version.

Andy

In my opinion you need to find a way to reuse that battery tray so you buy one tray and can have several batts. Not sure if there is room left to solder in an adapter of your choice so you just plug the battery into that and go fly.

The tray I made as pictured works as you stated which is the entire purpose of using a tray adpater. You can buy a tray and use as many lipo as you'd like. No additional distance is needed. If you solDer the leads from the tray nice a short and offeet so a side of the tray the xt60 female connector will receive the Turnigy connector. Wrap the wires in a spiral form from the battery.

20160630_212600.jpg 20160630_212557.jpg 20160630_212546.jpg 20160630_212519.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook