Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery adapter for the Typhoon-H on the way

update on battery voltage-

Flight time 18 mins of hovering at 650ft above sea level with 10mph winds.
ST 16 reported 14.3v warning and i landed immediately.
As soon as landed ST 16 voltage showed 14.6v so battery did recover.
pulled lipo out and used my lipo meter, each cell was 3.68v less than 30 seconds after landing....so the st16 is accurate enough.
my lipo meter is showing 15% left in the battery which is about right.

edit- battery charged and took 5595mah.

this means it uses 18.66 amps average in the above flight conditions.

I too took a flight with stock battery. 18 min 20 seconds, landed at 14.3 volts.
Give or take 0.02 volts and 5599 mah on recharge my numbers match yours.
(using a Hitec charger)
If I have time later I am going to hook a dowel rod to the landing gear and see how well it will do with a rearward center of gravity. I am sure it can handle quite a bit but at the expense of lower battery life.

Reactions: Ralphy
I too took a flight with stock battery. 18 min 20 seconds, landed at 14.3 volts.
Give or take 0.02 volts and 5599 mah on recharge my numbers match yours.
(using a Hitec charger)
If I have time later I am going to hook a dowel rod to the landing gear and see how well it will do with a rearward center of gravity. I am sure it can handle quite a bit but at the expense of lower battery life.

I did the following: stuck the battery in the slot but left it sticking out 1" from the back I extended my hands out and placed my palms vertically and picked up the copter from the central legs that extend to the motors. The rearward tilt is less than 2 degrees. It won't be a problem I think because the one we make will stick out the back but it will run fully to the front. Sliding the stock one back an 1" leaves the front of the tray in a void.

Ralphy,
I agree, it should not be that big of a deal. The CG is behind the front most part of the battery and in front of the back of the battery. If worse came to worse a lead weight would balance things out.

Does anyone have any discount codes or connections at hobbyking? It turns out they are throwing $20 for shipping on top of the $60 for the lipo battery I want to use on the test. PM me if you have any spare battery you think might work with this tray to power this copter. I don't want to invest too much money into this right now. I'll be happy to send you the stl file to 3d print or a printed tray in black ready for use.

Does anyone have any discount codes or connections at hobbyking? It turns out they are throwing $20 for shipping on top of the $60 for the lipo battery I want to use on the test. PM me if you have any spare battery you think might work with this tray to power this copter. I don't want to invest too much money into this right now. I'll be happy to send you the stl file to 3d print or a printed tray in black ready for use.
Sorry i don't have but i track your project ;)
You select your country/location when you try to purchase ?

I'm not sure what country you are in, but try buying from the regional HobbyKing warehouse in your area if you can. That will save a lot on shipping.

20160626_155308_003.jpg 20160626_155225_003.jpg
U.S. Warehouses are on back order for the 6.6 battery.

Im based out of the US. i was picking international warehouse. The us warehouse is cheaper but your right they are out of stock...When we get this adapter tray into production they are really going to sell out on those batteries quick!

Fresh off the printer, I thought this design could help those that wanted to save the weight and didn't want the full tray. I guess with this head adapter we can run cables out and place a battery on the top of the copter? Velcro it down or strap it?

Last edited:
Ralphy hmmm one thing this wont work :) I let you figure out why...
Pls test it before you're selling something!

Andy

so mine is finally printed.
here are some shots:

typhoonH_deans_03.JPG

typhoonH_deans_04.JPG

typhoonH_deans_05.JPG

And finally with the Connector inside:
typhoonH_deans_06.JPG

And here inside the charger
typhoonH_deans_07.JPG

Andy

here is the battery tray with the Graphene 6.6A 4s 15c batteries

You can see that the battery is just 1mm to wide however there is still enough space in the tray of the H to fit this combo in
typhoonH_deans_08.PNG

typhoonH_deans_09.PNG

Andy

here is the battery tray with the Graphene 6.6A 4s 15c batteries

You can see that the battery is just 1mm to wide however there is still enough space in the tray of the H to fit this combo in
typhoonH_deans_08.PNG

typhoonH_deans_09.PNG

Andy

Andy nice work, how does it fit into the H? It took me several trail prints before getting mine in there. There are two vertical ribs half way down the tray that are not very forgiving. They didn't even budge 1mm that's why i kept the walls off on both sides on my design.

It fits nicely (just the tray). I'm still waiting for the batteries to arrive so I can test it with the batteries. I now have also a good method to secure the batterie to the H.

Andy

It fits nicely (just the tray). I'm still waiting for the batteries to arrive so I can test it with the batteries. I now have also a good method to secure the batterie to the H.

Andy
You'll have to hack the battery case a bit because the wiring protrudes out the side about 2-4mm.

i will slightly cut open the plastic from the batteries so I can bend the balance leads better

Andy

glider said:
You'll have to hack the battery case a bit because the wiring protrudes out the side about 2-4mm.

Im pretty sure it doesnt require any mods the front triangular part of the tray should accommodate the excess wiring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy