Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery and Charger suggestions

Reaction score
I have an H pro and the two batteries that came with it. I would like to invest in at least two more batteries and a charger that will measure the IR in the cells and cycle the batteries when I'm not using them. Looking for suggestions for Batteries and a Charger to purchase. Thanks

I am using the Venom Pro Quad Charger. Had to purchase charging cables separately but I can charge (4) batteries at a time and haven't had any issues. I also storage charge my batteries after each day of flying which you can't do with the stock charger.

Reactions: ChuckBridges
I use the Venom Pro Duo. As @McCFly stated, after a day of flying you can put your batteries into storage mode. This feature along would have been enough to entice me to purchase it. As a bonus, it also handles my 3S batteries for my Q500 4K. Once you figure out the way to change setting, it is a snap. This is my suggestion, either duo or quad.

Last edited:
Reactions: NWSaint
I've been quite happy with my EV-Peak DY3 charger. Simple to use. Charge/discharge batteries, put them into storage condition, see each cell....

Bought two, and you get to see individual cell voltages too, a tester can confirm their accuracy and IR.

I'm pleased with the Venom Pro Duo I just bought. I'm even more pleased with Venom's customer service. The first one I bought had a bad LCD backlight. Everything else worked, but it was hard to see the screen. I sent them a message asking if it was just turned off somewhere, or defective.

They had me send them a short video showing the non-lighted screen, and after I did that they immediately sent a replacement out and told me to just toss the defective one. The replacement got here in less than 2 business days.

I don't see much of that kind of customer service anymore - it was a really nice surprise, and I'll definitely go back to them the next time I need something they make.

As to batteries, if I'm not mistaken if you crash due to a system fault while using a non-OEM battery, Yuneec will deny your warranty claim, so because of that I will only use original Yuneec batteries through the end of the warranty.

I will need to add a couple of fresh batteries for my H480 soon. I have been using the factory 5400mah (actually 6400mah) batteries since I got this H480 and they have been very good for flight time and long life.
Carolina Dronz is showing the GiFi 7000mah on their site for $79.
- anyone have experience with these?
- is the 7000mah capacity increasing flight time noticeably?
- are they marked as to production date and individual cell v? IR?
- long term reliability?
- what is the "C" (discharge capacity) rating?
Thanks in advance....

Attachments

• yuneec-gifi-7000-mah-typhoon-h-battery_1024x1024.png
    yuneec-gifi-7000-mah-typhoon-h-battery_1024x1024.png
    811.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I will need to add a couple of fresh batteries for my H480 soon. I have been using the factory 5400mah (actually 6400mah) batteries since I got this H480 and they have been very good for flight time and long life.
Carolina Dronz is showing the GiFi 7000mah on their site for $79.
- anyone have experience with these?
- is the 7000mah capacity increasing flight time noticeably?
- are they marked as to production date and individual cell v? IR?
- long term reliability?
- what is the "C" (discharge capacity) rating?
Thanks in advance....
Where does it say they are 6400 Mah?

I am using the Venom Pro Quad Charger. Had to purchase charging cables separately but I can charge (4) batteries at a time and haven't had any issues. I also storage charge my batteries after each day of flying which you can't do with the stock charger.
Does that Model measure IR?

It's been know that these could be 6400 Mah but shown as 5400.
I heard that some manufacturers (possibly Yuneec?) labelled the H batteries as 5400 instead of 6400 to allow a different category for air cargo transport which at one time was below 80Wh (5.4amps x 14.8v = 79.9Wh) not sure what the current restrictions are - this could be just a rumour, but the capacity of these batteries has been tested by some at around 6400mah.....

Regardless, back to my post.... anyone have personal experience with these GiFi 4s 7000mah batteries?????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdvaikTasteofPurity