Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery level guide

I'm not sure whether it's ever been illegal to do your own filling up at a filling station in the UK. Certainly most attended filling stations became self-service by the mid 1970's and now there are just a handful of attended filling stations left...usually in very remote locations in Scotland.

Taxes on fuel in the UK accounts for the majority of the overall cost of fuel. My local filling station is currently selling unleaded at £1.20/liters and diesel at £1.22/liters. That's roughly £5.46/Imperial Gallon for unleaded. Please note, though, that one imperial gallon is equivalent to approximately 1.2 U.S. liquid gallons.

I'm not sure whether it's ever been illegal to do your own filling up at a filling station in the UK. Certainly most attended filling stations became self-service by the mid 1970's and now there are just a handful of attended filling stations left...usually in very remote locations in Scotland.

Taxes on fuel in the UK accounts for the majority of the overall cost of fuel. My local filling station is currently selling unleaded at £1.20/liters and diesel at £1.22/liters. That's roughly £5.46/Imperial Gallon for unleaded. Please note, though, that one imperial gallon is equivalent to approximately 1.2 U.S. liquid gallons.

If my math is correct that's $7.66 / US gallon so I'll stop complaining. Cheapest within 40 miles is $2.79 US gallon but it's gone up $0.44 / gallon since July.

Reactions: FlushVision
If my math is correct that's $7.66 / US gallon so I'll stop complaining. Cheapest within 40 miles is $2.79 US gallon but it's gone up $0.44 / gallon since July.
Yep. You don't know you are on a good thing until you find out what we get clobbered for. Well, someone has to pay for brexit.

Edit to say that we are getting off topic. Lets return to battery levels.

Li-Poly battery stuff isn't all that difficult when it's reduced to the basics.
  • Charge at no more than 1C
  • Never leave batteries unattended when charging
  • Don't leave batteries on a charger over night
  • Don't leave batteries plugged into the aircraft
  • Never store batteries fully charged. The exception is the ST-16 which can be stored fully charged as it uses a different (Li-On) battery chemistry.
  • Store batteries at "room temperature". Around 20 Celsius is a fair room temp reference number.
  • Store batteries with cells at or very close to 3.8v/cell
  • Don't discharge more than 70% of capacity
  • Flight time is determined by battery voltage, nothing else.
  • Land the H-480 at or above 14.4 volts total pack voltage
  • Don't use the low battery auto landing safety feature to gauge flight time. It's too late.
  • Don't recharge a battery immediately after discharging, allow it to cool for half hour or an hour first
  • If the outside air temp is really cold, keep batteries warm until they are going to be put in the aircraft.
  • Flight time is reduced in cold outside air temperatures. The colder it is the lower the flight time.
  • If the battery starts to swell up, it's done. Don't put a lot of time into trying to see if you can keep flying it. Get another.
  • Invest in a good after market battery maintenance system/charger. They will save you a lot of money in replacement batteries.
The above will get ya going but websites like www.batteryuniversity.com will help you understand more about batteries.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdonson
Taxes on fuel in the UK accounts for the majority of the overall cost of fuel. My local filling station is currently selling unleaded at £1.20/liters and diesel at £1.22/liters. .

Unleaded cheaper then over here in the Netherlands (and France), diesel about the same.

Hi there, I am just curious, I have flown my typhoon h until absolute dead at 14v. Is that going to impact my drone in the long run? The wind was so bad it was pushing the typhoon so it was taking more voltage to fly. But I did manage to land it safely at 14 volts

Cell voltage should never be below 3.3V. 14V means 3.5V which is OK if all cells have the same voltage. But be aware, the voltage in load condition may be lower that it is after landing. Check voltage in flightlogs to get a deeper insight.
Examples_en.png

If you drain batteries too much all the time you will get a significant lower life cycle of the batteries. If in rare cases and never below 3.3V cell voltage that's OK so far.

If you want to observe healthy of your batteries check flightlog, don't thrust voltage measurement of batteries without load.

Last edited:
You can find programs to analyze the flightlogs at www.h-elsner.mooo/downloads. There is one to look at all aspects of the logs and one to just look at battery data. You can learn how to retrieve your flightlogs from the document referenced here
Thread 'Way To Fix Drones project'
Way To Fix Drones project

Hi there, I am just curious, I have flown my typhoon h until absolute dead at 14v. Is that going to impact my drone in the long run? The wind was so bad it was pushing the typhoon so it was taking more voltage to fly. But I did manage to land it safely at 14 volts
Typhoon H Li-Po Battery Care & Info

Attachments

• Typhoon H Chargers Batteries & Battery Care.pdf
    8.9 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: 7cyclops

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech