Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery warning on fully charged battery, when "hammering it"

Going back to the OP's questions, more back ground info is needed before making a possible "guess". However, anyone reading and using the information in Prathbun's link would be able to check their batteries and learn the state of their batteries and make a qualified and accurate assessment. I understand that most don't have the equipment on hand necessary to check their batteries but if they are going to participate at an elevated level they should consider investing the the equipment necessary to assure they are operating safely. It's not cheap but neither is an H, or some of the things one can fall onto.

Back to the OP. How long had the battery been in use prior to the low voltage warning? What was the state of charge at time of power up? How have the batteries been charged? Have they been repeatedly stored for many days at a time fully charged? What was the ambient temperature when the low voltage warnings occurred? What were the battery temperatures when they were placed in the H? At what ambient temperature are the batteries usually stored? What has been the lowest voltages the batteries have been discharged to? If very low, how many times? How may cycles have the batteries experienced? Do the batteries get put back on the charger immediately after a flight? All those things and more influence what anyone might have to say about how the OP's batteries are holding up, or not holding up. The type of flying is only part of the equation. Hot and heavy flying increases electrical load, high electrical load reduces voltage while the elevated current load is applied. Maintain a high load and voltage remains low until the load is reduced, at which time some of the voltage will spring back.

im getting
and 4.2
on my pack .... so i should be good ..
thanks

Absolutely!
Not that it takes much time, but you don't need to check the IR all that frequently (and as far as I know there's nothing you can do about it anyway).

well my Graupner Polaron charger displays the IR while charging so its easy to see. ..

not to take away from the OPS questions at all . but its all related and maybe someone will be helped with there Bat issues .

Thanks

im getting
and 4.2
on my pack .... so i should be good ..

thanks
the 5v cell is troubling as it is higher than what a fully charged cell should achieve. It also falls well outside the deviation of the other cells. The spread between 3.9 to 4.2 is a bit large but acceptable, possibly indicating a balance charge is not being employed. A spread of 3.9 to 5v in a 4 cell pack would have me concerned.

the 5v cell is troubling as it is higher than what a fully charged cell should achieve. It also falls well outside the deviation of the other cells. The spread between 3.9 to 4.2 is a bit large but acceptable, possibly indicating a balance charge is not being employed. A spread of 3.9 to 5v in a 4 cell pack would have me concerned.

Those are internal resistance numbers, I beliieve...
At least that's what we were talking about.

Funny thread. Who's on first?

Where is Morten, where is Morten? He ran away, he ran away.
I'm probably wrong, but I use IR to recheck batteries as they age, keeping a simple record of individual batteries.

Hopefully Morten will show up in 5 more hours or so...

I'm guessing the H has built in low voltage protection factoring in temperature, load, flight time, etc.

Below 50* my H will go into battery limp limiting altitude on a fully charged battery after 1 high speed pass with GPS off. Voltage drops then recovers to near full after reduced power. If I modulate the throttle and back off a little I can stay out of limp mode.

I think the H uses multiple coefficients to determine limp mode including pack voltage, current draw and ambient temperature.

I believe the H is keeping the current draw below the C rating of the battery pack to protect it and avoid a brown or black out.

It's a little annoying but I am use to it now and rarely hot rod my H especially in the cold.

You can tell when your batteries are going to pot if you monitor the terminal charge voltage, and the voltage after the battery rest for 24 hours. I have one battery that was looking a little sketchy because the resting voltage was only 14.1 volts after being charged on the Yuneec charger. I hooked it up to a charger that I had just bought, a Dynamite Prophet Sport Plus. Ran the battery through one charge cycle and the resting voltage was up to 16.64 volts.
A very good improvement for one charge cycle. I do keep notes and I have marked my batteries with "A", "B", "C", and "D" with the silver marker.

Hi guys

I get a "low battery, reduce height to...." when I´m "hammering" my Typhoon H Proff., even on a fully charged battery....is that normal.
Yes I know, I shouldn´t be "hammering"....but it´s great fun....

Anyone, should I be worried for the integrity of the batterys og is it just normal ??

best regards
Yes I get same warning. The higher you go and faster you fly eats the battery. Typhoon fly time 25 mins this on what I call turtle mode and about 120 feet of ground.

I was doing the same, I flew away from me flat out for about 400m, I then got a battery warning so I just hit RTL.
About half way back I got another battery warning and a message popped up insufficient battery landing (or similar cant remember exactly) to which it landed by itself luckily in an open field.
total flying time was about 6mins
When I retrieved it and removed and checked the battery it was still showing 52%

The battery warning system once triggered dos'nt seem to reset itself if the battery voltage comes back up, just like my apm quads, where as another flight controller I have you will get a flashing red to say low battery but if you let it hover and don't do anything too abrupt it will return to green.

On my APMs this is more common on lower C batterys, I have a 3300 65c and cant get it to sound the buzzer at all until actually low, where as a 3300 20c I could get to trigger it after about 30secs of flat out flying.

So my conclusion is the typhoon battery is a low C probably only 10 or 15 it is one way yuneec probably keep weight and size down, the battery warning system needs to be set to go away if the battery voltage comes back up i.e. you stop thrashing it.
My typhoon could have easily made it back when I hit RTL as it had plenty of battery but once the first battery warning triggered it had no hope.

I personally would like to have the ability to lower the preset voltages.

total flying time was about 6mins
When I retrieved it and removed and checked the battery it was still showing 52%

Interesting. What was the starting voltage and what was the "52%" voltage. I suggest you always start with a battery at 16.6 to 16.8, head back toward the hanger at 14.5 or 14.6 and land at 14.3. I think you are right about the TH battery being a 10C discharge type.

Maybe slow ole Rabbit a bit, lol.:)

It was a full battery 16.8 cant remember the voltage at 52% when I plugged in my checker I was more curious to see what % was left

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430