Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Best online spare parts for Q500 4k

Reaction score
Hi all,

As a newbie Q500 pilot, I am crashing and finding need to buy new spare parts until I get the hang of my drone. I've already been thru a set of props and these can get expensive. Also need to get new camera housing and battery latching mechanism. Fortunately, these are not the high ticket parts. I found out that the battery, camera, and remote control cost the most to repair/replace. The other parts are not bad. Looking for best online source to buy spares so if I crash my drone then I can get it back in the air quickly.

why are you crashing , go slow small steps , this could be expensive , blades cost nothing replacing a camera and you mite as well buy a new quad , cost just about the same . prices have really drooped on the Q's .

Issue is that the props do not stay on the aircraft. Fortunately they came off before take off and had folks show me the issue to get them threaded correctly and stay on the drone. Hopefully, next time, no more crashes. I only need to buy two cheap plastic parts less than $20 to fix it. Putting the props on correctly is more difficult than other drones.

Issue is that the props do not stay on the aircraft. Fortunately they came off before take off and had folks show me the issue to get them threaded correctly and stay on the drone. Hopefully, next time, no more crashes. I only need to buy two cheap plastic parts less than $20 to fix it. Putting the props on correctly is more difficult than other drones.
this little trick is what i use ( photo below ) works for me .
fly safe PROP LOCK TOOL.jpg

Reactions: Ron_Dog
INSTALLING THE PROPELLERS open the pdf

Attachments

• INSTALLING THE PROPELLERS.pdf
    338.6 KB · Views: 29
Thanks I got the hang of it. Just waiting for new plastic camera housing for the CGO3 and battery case latch then can fly again.

I had a guy show me how to tighten the props on the Q 500,and it works well,never had a prop come loose yet!:) I use the "included prop wrench" and tighten until they slip, (motors) in the wrench! It will let them slip once the reach a certain point,kinda like a torque wrench. This works great and makes sure all the props are tightened the same! Never ever had one be loose after landing,but I still check them between battery changes.;)

I same tighten untill wrench slips. But...
I usually fly 5 minutes, after landing and tighten more, it gives 1/5 loop more.
I think it loose at the begin a little bit by vibrations.
After second tightening it keeps completely.

I hand tighten, max 1 extra loop, haven't had any problems. The propellers are self-tightening - I find they are, if anything, tighter after flight when I remove them.

Here's Yuneec instruction video on Q500 prop installation - they say 1-1 1/2 turns after the pro p hits the O-ring.

Reactions: uavpilotsd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430