Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Blurry Corners PEAU 3.97

Reaction score
Hi a'll
Merry Christmas!

I got my Lens upgrade yesterday and I'm focusing the lens today...
So far I have really sharp video and images in centre but corners are all blurry.

Any thoughts?

I've been doing a lot of research on lens replacements for my spare CGO3+. I even have an email from Peau Productions where they said:

"We'd recommend our new 3.37mm lens instead of the 3.97mm as the 3.37mm lens has sharper edge focus."

so, unfortunately, apparently it is a know issue by the manufacturer. I'm not sure that you'll be able to get sharpness across the entire field of view based on that information. Please let us know your progress. I hope you are able to achieve focus in the edges as well.

I've also been communicating with Carolina Dronz and they recommended the PixAero 3.77mm over the Peau.

If you can't get the results you want, perhaps Peau would be willing to swap out the lens for you?

For what they charge I'm certain they would be more than willing....

I hope to be trying out the 3.77mm lens late next week.

Boo.
I just assumed this was the better option being that it was $140 US

I sent an email... awaiting a reply - but it is Christmas eve so it may have to wait and I'm cool with that.

i have installed the peau 3.97 and got same problems i can choose center sharp and edges blurry or edges sharp and center blurry...and that's for that money ???
thanks

Unfortunately, as you can see in my previous post, even the manufacturer recommends their 3.37mm lens over the 3.97mm for that very reason. Also, Frank from Carolina Dronz says that the PixAero 3.77mm lens is the better choice and doesn't have the sharpness issues.

Hi a'll
Merry Christmas!

I got my Lens upgrade yesterday and I'm focusing the lens today...
So far I have really sharp video and images in centre but corners are all blurry.

Any thoughts?
How difficult was the upgrade process?
Do you have the threaded or glued mount?

my one was glued...I have heated the mount, but the guy doesn't get soft...then I put a nice under on one edges and have open it. its really hard and not easy and take care not to use to much power ...

i have blurry corner. yes the middle can her better sharpened then the original kens

i have tested all to fix the problem of the blurry sides...but didn't find a way. Maybe its based on the software of Yuneec, because they have optimized their Lens/sharpness and fix point...
but if the PEAU would work at all Areas Middle/sight/corners its much better.. I have done today a pic Of Original Yuneec VS PEAU3.97

Attachments

• LensTest.jpg
    LensTest.jpg
    744.5 KB · Views: 15
What's the camera sharpness level set at? The stock lens is not very far off the Peau. If your camera is set to 6 bumping it to 8 would at least match the Peau. Of course the Peau would rise as well but a minor change in camera code could eliminate buying another lens if the Peau in its current state makes you happy.

BTW, edge blurring is often caused by barrel distortion. It cannot be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been doing a lot of research on lens replacements for my spare CGO3+. I even have an email from Peau Productions where they said:

"We'd recommend our new 3.37mm lens instead of the 3.97mm as the 3.37mm lens has sharper edge focus."

so, unfortunately, apparently it is a know issue by the manufacturer. I'm not sure that you'll be able to get sharpness across the entire field of view based on that information. Please let us know your progress. I hope you are able to achieve focus in the edges as well.

I've also been communicating with Carolina Dronz and they recommended the PixAero 3.77mm over the Peau.

If you can't get the results you want, perhaps Peau would be willing to swap out the lens for you?

I literally work a block away from PEAU. I should stop buy and pay them a visit!

i have send PEAU some images and they send me a new one....hopefully the problems are fixed on that charge

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babyyodajede