Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
I placed both my DJI Phantom 3 and Typhoon H side by side to take a photo. Both cameras were set on DNG RAW so no picture style/sharpness comes into play. Below is a crop of both photos. The "H" is blurry on the left side... which does not impress me. The DJI seems to be sharper all around.

THE DRONES.jpg

CAMERAS.jpg

Something is wrong with your camera or the settings.

I shot just a couple of days ago in 4K and this is what I got. So something isn't right. I'm no expert yet with video and still getting used to this camera.
Your camera is about 98% perfect. Your upper top right is just a hair not as sharp as the rest of the frame. In drone camera terms, it's a darn fine camera you have!

Reactions: Samuel Fowler
I need to take another look at mine, but so far not impressed. Unlike the Phantom, it does not seem to render a shot with much sky in it. The bottom half is a lot darker/mushier than the top, so it's exposing for the sky. I can't get a balanced exposure for that type of scene. I think I read of someone else here having the same problem.

Your camera is about 98% perfect. Your upper top right is just a hair not as sharp as the rest of the frame. In drone camera terms, it's a darn fine camera you have!

Thanks for the look and confirm on my camera. I am impressed with my camera and am happy with its quality. I do wish for better quality out of it like more resolution and better ISO but I am okay with it. It takes good landscape shots as well. I only shoot in RAW and tweak in Lightroom for photos. Regarding video - I have only been playing around with Adobe Premier Pro CC and iMovie on the MBP. There is a lot to learn with video and editing that I have only touched the surface of it.

Here is a few shots I placed on Flicker - small tweaks down in Lightroom. Thats all
Yuneec Typhoon H

Thanks for the look and confirm on my camera. I am impressed with my camera and am happy with its quality. I do wish for better quality out of it like more resolution and better ISO but I am okay with it. It takes good landscape shots as well. I only shoot in RAW and tweak in Lightroom for photos. Regarding video - I have only been playing around with Adobe Premier Pro CC and iMovie on the MBP. There is a lot to learn with video and editing that I have only touched the surface of it.

Here is a few shots I placed on Flicker - small tweaks down in Lightroom. Thats all
Yuneec Typhoon H
Some really nice shots there with great framing and post production!

Reactions: Samuel Fowler
Great footage! What were your settings?

4096 x 2160 @ 24P. was used in camera. Post output was same output as input was - I kept it the same resolution in post.

4096x2160 or 2048...cant remember but its the highest one but at 24P not 25P. <-- edit

I went auto settings and gorgeous. Processed in Premier Pro CC - no sharpening at all as I am not sure if thats even possible in Premier Pro as I am still trying to figure out how to operate the application. I am a newbie with this video stuff. I understand Lightroom, and Photoshop, but just starting to learn this video editing on my own in spare time. I was a bit concerned about shooting this temple as they are pretty picky about photographers here at this place. They have run me off a couple of times when I was shooting a model here. :confused:

I placed both my DJI Phantom 3 and Typhoon H side by side to take a photo. Both cameras were set on DNG RAW so no picture style/sharpness comes into play. Below is a crop of both photos. The "H" is blurry on the left side... which does not impress me. The DJI seems to be sharper all around.

View attachment 1299

View attachment 1300
So it seems that on RAW the image is blurry on every Typhoon H camera? I had the Phantom 4 and returned it because of the same issue of having a blurry image in RAW/LOG mode. I wonder if the small sensor can't handle the flat image as well as a camera with a larger sensor? I have yet to try the gorgeous setting which I might try tonight and see what I get.

So it seems that on RAW the image is blurry on every Typhoon H camera? I had the Phantom 4 and returned it because of the same issue of having a blurry image in RAW/LOG mode. I wonder if the small sensor can't handle the flat image as well as a camera with a larger sensor? I have yet to try the gorgeous setting which I might try tonight and see what I get.
Also, I wonder why some people are perfectly happy with their image coming out of the camera and others are complaining about the same issue that I have. Several other forums have stated that quality control might come into play when putting the small cameras together. It seems as if these cameras might come from the same manufacturer. The softness on the edges and the blurry RAW images make me think so.

View attachment 1299

View attachment 1300
I've also heard that the Phantom 3 camera is pretty good. I'm not sure why the Phantom 4 camera went downhill...

I need to take another look at mine, but so far not impressed. Unlike the Phantom, it does not seem to render a shot with much sky in it. The bottom half is a lot darker/mushier than the top, so it's exposing for the sky. I can't get a balanced exposure for that type of scene. I think I read of someone else here having the same problem.
Yeah, my entire image is mushy on the RAW setting.

My P3P camera isn't as sharp as my son's P4 but very close. I do see that new lens being installed on my H in the near future.
I've also heard that the Phantom 3 camera is pretty good. I'm not sure why the Phantom 4 camera went downhill...

Also, I wonder why some people are perfectly happy with their image coming out of the camera and others are complaining about the same issue that I have. Several other forums have stated that quality control might come into play when putting the small cameras together. It seems as if these cameras might come from the same manufacturer. The softness on the edges and the blurry RAW images make me think so.
I'm guessing there are hundreds of Typhoon and Phantom owners who just don't know the difference between what their camera is displaying and what it should be displaying.

It's true... Tiny sensors with no post processing. They need the correct lighting to produce good photos in RAW. Most of that can be fixed in post processing.... to some extent.

My P3P camera isn't as sharp as my son's P4 but very close. I do see that new lens being installed on my H in the near future.
The lens and how it is adjusted makes a massive difference. My P3's all have the most perfect lens adjustment I've seen, but there have been many reports of P3 owners with blurry lenses.

The lens and how it is adjusted makes a massive difference. My P3's all have the most perfect lens adjustment I've seen, but there have been many reports of P3 owners with blurry lenses.
Ugh...what is the process to get a properly aligned lens? Sending it back for repair or just ask for a new one?

Ugh...what is the process to get a properly aligned lens? Sending it back for repair or just ask for a new one?
The footage I saw from your camera is 100% blurry in all areas. This means that the lens was either not adjusted, or it has come slightly loose due to movement in shipping or temperature.

The only fix is to:
- Take it apart (as per video that is out showing how to swap lenses) and turn the lens a quarter turn to the right or left. This of course voids your warranty.
- Put the camera in the fridge for an hour. Apparently cameras on the DJI Phantom are susceptible to cold... it causes them to change focus. Perhaps the Yuneec camera is the same? I've heard of people placing their Phantoms in freezers for 20 minutes, but I wouldn't recommend that.

Or... contact Yuneec and get an RMA# to return the camera only.

The footage I saw from your camera is 100% blurry in all areas. This means that the lens was either not adjusted, or it has come slightly loose due to movement in shipping or temperature.

The only fix is to:
- Take it apart (as per video that is out showing how to swap lenses) and turn the lens a quarter turn to the right or left. This of course voids your warranty.
- Put the camera in the fridge for an hour. Apparently cameras on the DJI Phantom are susceptible to cold... it causes them to change focus. Perhaps the Yuneec camera is the same? I've heard of people placing their Phantoms in freezers for 20 minutes, but I wouldn't recommend that.

Or... contact Yuneec and get an RMA# to return the camera only.
Well there goes the drone part of the shoot on Saturday...thanks a lot for the help. I'll probably call them tomorrow and send in the camera only.

Also, I wonder why some people are perfectly happy with their image coming out of the camera and others are complaining about the same issue that I have.

Here is a good example to answer your question. I've been a hobby photographer for 15 years now. I started to use Drones in my photography a few years ago. My eyes spot camera issues easily where others would never notice. I have 3 DJI Phantoms that have spot on cameras which I use in conjunction with land DSLR cameras (ground & air photography combined). I can't use my Typhoon H in this area because the camera has a defect. I can minimize the defect by adjusting the lighting (the less light, the less blur). The camera on my Typhoon also has a color problem in that sometimes pictures will lose all color.

I was out filming tonight. The Typhoon H will struggle with bright sunlight if the camera settings are not adjusted. In evening light, it does a better job and the shadows from the setting sun will cause contrast and make the pictures or video look a touch sharper. Below is a snapshot from my video. To the average eye it looks great because subjects in the centre are in focus. But in reality only 3/4 of the frame is in focus and it gets worse as your eyes move to the top left... it is slightly stretched and very much blurred. It becomes worse when subjects are close, or the subject is moving on the left. The center and right side are fine. This is caused by a slight lens defect in manufacturing. So the mid to upper left blurriness along with the color issues means this camera is going back to Yuneec. If I was just some hobby drone guy flying around for fun, I could live with it, but since my DJI Phantoms have no problem getting it right, then I know the Typhoon Camera can also get it right as well.
BLURRYUPLEFT.jpg

Reactions: Graeme Buckley

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop