Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze and Android connection trouble

Still working on the document. Microsoft Word is proving harder to use than I anticipated for layout. Hope to finish today. Patience please, secretarial work is not my forte. I am a technician and the forum is volunteer work.
Sorry and no problem. Just doing a follow up. Thasks for the assistance.

Dear Doom Meister,
I think I found a repair facility that fix and or diagnose Yuneec Quadcopters. The Company is GadgetGenie.com. I have already packed and shipped my drone out and will await to what they will say. And, I will keep you updated! Finally, will keep your repair guide as reference.

P.S.
Any word or update on the Yuneec US Company?

Nothing new as of yet with Yuneec USA. I can pretty much guarantee you need a new M7 board. Be wary of what they will want for one. The price list online for it is usually more than buying a whole new Breeze. The parts pricing never changed from 2016 when the Breeze was introduced at about $700.

Dear Doom Meister,
I will take advice of my quadcopter, Yuneec Breeze, and see what the cost of repairs will be. As far as Yuneec, has anyone provided any updates on the company from the last time I inquired?

As far as I can tell you have to create an account on their website and then submit a repair request. They will then contact you by email with instructions.

You can also check with @Yuneec Skins on his website YuneecSkins.com

I have set up a account with yuneec, but I have not heard from them. Here is the attachment(s).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210101-062805_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210101-062805_Chrome.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20210101-062814_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210101-062814_Chrome.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 3
I see that the response is from the Yuneec kayako.com site. That was confusing so I looked up an email I received from them and followed the link for submitting a repair request. It is going to a link on the old website so not sure what is happening with the new US website.

I wish I had a contact with the new Yuneec US. For now, I am at a loss to advise how to proceed with them for any kind of service other than purchasing from their website. It is frustrating to say the least.

Check with @Yuneec Skins via PM and see what he has to offer.

Dear Doom Meister,
I was given a hacked or updated version of the yuneec breeze app that extends beyond the normal geofence and I am now able to get the telemetry now. Will provide link later. However I am having difficulty connecting my gamesir or yuneec transmitter, I am able to connect on the settings menu of I phone 5S. But, when going back to my app it states connection failed or not found. Therefore, making the controller not able to perform functions to switch from camera to video,etc. What should be done?

Delete the connection in the phone settings. Only connect the controller in the Breeze Cam app.

I am assuming you are referring to the modified Android version of BreezeCam. What color is the icon for the app? If red (v1.4.7.3), some had issues with the controller not connecting. You can try the one with a green icon (v1.4.7.4). Either can be downloaded here Breeze Cam Clones - Google Drive

This is only for Android and the authors of the cloned app advise to uninstall the official version of the app. Having both on the phone/tablet can lead to unexpected issues with the Drone Settings. Also make sure you have the controller set to the proper mode Power+A for Android or Power+Y for iOS.

If you have a modified version of BreezeCam for iOS we could use that along with instructions for installing.

Delete the connection in the phone settings. Only connect the controller in the Breeze Cam app.

I am assuming you are referring to the modified Android version of BreezeCam. What color is the icon for the app? If red (v1.4.7.3), some had issues with the controller not connecting. You can try the one with a green icon (v1.4.7.4). Either can be downloaded here Breeze Cam Clones - Google Drive

This is only for Android and the authors of the cloned app advise to uninstall the official version of the app. Having both on the phone/tablet can lead to unexpected issues with the Drone Settings. Also make sure you have the controller set to the proper mode Power+A for Android or Power+Y for iOS.

If you have a modified version of BreezeCam for iOS we could use that along with instructions for installing.
Dear Doom Meister,
I have downloaded the green app. So when powering on the transmitter when using IOS, press power+Y , correct. But before doing that, should I go thru or open up the breeze cam app then Power+Y? Then,go thru 'Tasks' and choose or connect controller?

When changing modes of operation on the controller to iOS simultaneously press Power+Y the first time. You only need to use the Power button afterwards. If changing to Android mode, use Power+A the first time and just Power after that.

For both iOS and Android you connect via WiFi, then start BreezeCam app, if using the Controller start that task mode and swipe to continue, then power on the Controller. At that point the Controller should establish the Bluetooth link to the phone.

Dear Doom Meister,
I got the controller to bind to my breeze quad but am I able trim my camera using the up down left right buttons near the left throttle prior to flight? Or, does it work during flight?

Now you need a Windows computer to apply the firmware update for the Controller. It fixes the problem of not being able to move the camera with the D-pad.

Refer to this thread Breeze G3 Controller Update - Updated 07/17/2018. You will probably have to download the files from Yuneec Downloads. Navigate to Breeze Mantis, Breeze, Breeze FPV Software, Breeze Controller Update.zip file.

Did you get your problem Breeze repaired? If so, who did you use?

Now you need a Windows computer to apply the firmware update for the Controller. It fixes the problem of not being able to move the camera with the D-pad.

Refer to this thread Breeze G3 Controller Update - Updated 07/17/2018. You will probably have to download the files from Yuneec Downloads. Navigate to Breeze Mantis, Breeze, Breeze FPV Software, Breeze Controller Update.zip file.

Did you get your problem Breeze repaired? If so, who did you use?
I did not get my drone repaired per say, as I said I downloaded the updated or hacked breeze cam app for android. And, I am now able to get the telemetry e.g. battery power, satellites, etc that I was not able to get thrue the old app.

I did not get my drone repaired per say, as I said I downloaded the updated or hacked breeze cam app for android. And, I am now able to get the telemetry e.g. battery power, satellites, etc that I was not able to get thrue the old app.
Will it work with the iPhone now? This is a very odd occurrence. It has my curiosity piqued.

Dear Doom Meister,
Yes, it works fine with my Iphone. However I have a question, I had purchased 3 used I phone 5S's but I wanted to download the breeze cam app to the phone that I am going to send along with the breeze that I am going to sell to a potential customer. And, I do not want to provide my personal information to this potential customer. So, how could I do this?

There is no way to setup a phone, iOS or Android, without putting personal information on it. Just include instructions to download the Breeze Cam app from the App Store. There is also no way for them to register with Yuneec in the app or online for any type of warranty.

Reactions: RC Guy
Preparation of a new fake account solves all troubles with initialization the phone and installing some software on it. After that, you can give all the necessary information to the buyer, but this information is not your personal one.

Reactions: RC Guy
Hello Doommeister or To Whom it May Concern,
I managed to fly my breeze a few days back and take save photos and video. However, when trying to post them on FB app (photos) it states operation failed. However, if I go thru the Instagram app and use the FB option it I am able to post my photos. My question is what I am I doing wrong when using FB directly?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt