Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze at 14,500 ft?

Reaction score
Hi

I'm taking a team up a big mountain and wanted to haul my breeze 4k with me for the hero or it shot on the summit. Will the breeze have enough power to do it?

My plan is to have the battery close to my body for warmth prior to launch, get the orbit settings dialed, and takeoff/film right from the orbit mode. Literally need 120 seconds of flight time.

Ambient weather is supposed to be in the low 20's, so it should help with the air density and lift.

Any help with confirmation of the ability to gain lift and function at that elevation would be appreciated.

I know that an error comes up on the Typhoon about flying above 8000 ft... I think, like the NFZ restriction it requires a patch from Yuneec to override... I'd call Yuneec to confirm the specifics with the Breeze at that elevation.

I know that an error comes up on the Typhoon about flying above 8000 ft... I think, like the NFZ restriction it requires a patch from Yuneec to override... I'd call Yuneec to confirm the specifics with the Breeze at that elevation.
Thanks. Reached out.

Let us know what they said or if you already completed your climb and took a shot let us know the results for future reference.. Thx

I’ve had the breeze for almost a month now and I’ve taken it to the summit of pikes peak and I’ve had no problem doing a follow me and taking it up and getting some amazing shots. The battery only lasts about 11minutes but really the stock runtime says 12.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Ryan118,

This is very encouraging news. I’m surprised at the flight times you are getting (longer than expected), but glad to hear it. We would love to see some of your vids or photos/frame grabs from the Peak. Haven’t seen it since being stationed at Lowry AFB back in the 80’s.

Report: The Breeze fired up with satellites tracking. As soon as I hit the orbit mode, it dumped the satellites to zero. Restarted. Same thing. My assumption is that my version didn't let me launch above that altitude for anything other than pilot mode. The drone was able to achieve lift right before a gust came into the summit bowl and smashed the drone into a rock wall at 40mph. I no longer have a functional drone...

That being said, I'll be picking up another breeze on Amazon today.

Griff thanks for the update and really sorry to hear about that!! I think you willing to risk it, anyways at this price point good on you... your proximity to the rock face was also a factor had this been an open field with nothing to smash into the bird would have more than like survived with a 40mph gust.

Advice going forward for future flights one thing I have learnt over the years from flying RC planes and Helis... Some times it’s not worth putting the bird in the air if there are possible high wind gusts, and even though sometimes I’d be dying to test out a new build with like 70 hours of assembly, not worth it as much as I want to launch(had crashed right after build completion) If you ever question yourself about the wind at the time of launch prob best to hold out and just wait for another day! :D

Hi I just came back from the holidays on the Dolomites in Italy and I wanted to say that the breeze has behaved well up to 3200 meters altitude, the only precaution to highlight and that every 300-400 meters in altitude need to do the calibration and both batteries they allowed me to fly only 5-6 minutes each.View media item 835

Awesome view!

Nice to know the Breeze can handle the altitude.

We would love to see more. Please use the Photos and Videos section and share some more of your beautiful vacation photos.

Thanks as you suggested I sent the link of the video shot with the breeze on the Marmolada 3200 meters altitude.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval