Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

BREEZE!! GEOFENCE +500M

OK This has me all fired up. Since I went to the dark side a few years ago I'll be looking for an android device to dedicate to this. I'm curious if anyone is familiar with the pay-as-you-go phones and if I could buy an Android phone for $49 and not buy the minutes?
I've ordered the Comfast CF - WR371AC and Though using a 2.4ghz device through the repeater is possible, I think for the sake of reducing variables, I'll look for a 5ghz phone.
So, any recommendations for a 3-4 year old android device, with 802.11ac that works flawlessly w/ the Breeze?
In terms of used units, the Nexus 5 would be an excellent choice. The only drawback is the relatively small screen, compared to current phones.

Reactions: Jgullam
OK This has me all fired up. Since I went to the dark side a few years ago I'll be looking for an android device to dedicate to this. I'm curious if anyone is familiar with the pay-as-you-go phones and if I could buy an Android phone for $49 and not buy the minutes?
I've ordered the Comfast CF - WR371AC and Though using a 2.4ghz device through the repeater is possible, I think for the sake of reducing variables, I'll look for a 5ghz phone.
So, any recommendations for a 3-4 year old android device, with 802.11ac that works flawlessly w/ the Breeze?
@Jgullam
If you are using the Comfast WR371AC, you will need the phone to support 802.11ac. The Comfast is not capable of connecting to the Breeze in 5.8 GHz and the phone on 2.4 GHz. The WR370AC and WR371AC can only support one band at a time, so it has to be 5.8 GHz to work with the Breeze.

Reactions: Jgullam
I'm excited to play with this a bit. I'm actually fairly good with smali and decompiled android, but never would have thought the limits were in the app. Let me know if you have any smali specific issues you'd like help with. I may take a crack at this app to see what other gems are hidden in there.

I just ordered some new batteries for my breeze to play with this as the one I have left is only good for 5 minutes.

one thing I noticed just testing in my back yard was the values don't seem to persist across app starts? Am I missing something?

As others have said NICE JOB!

one thing I noticed just testing in my back yard was the values don't seem to persist across app starts? Am I missing something?

That is something that has not been figured out yet. Those values have to get stored in the app data in Android memory and have to be called at app start. There may be a check in the function that calls that data which will reset to default values if the data is outside an acceptable range.

Hello , everyone or anyone . My breeze 4 k just flew off it's kinda like it didn't happen. It was doing fine then all of the sudden it started to flicker on the screen like it was cutting out then the screen on my phone went black and drone went straight up it did this the other day on take off it would go straight up but I only let id go 2 times it hit a warming limit and would come down so then I boxed it up for a few days took it out and flew it perfectly fine yesterday killed all three batteries today it was a little windy but it just went up after cutting off the video feed

That is something that has not been figured out yet. Those values have to get stored in the app data in Android memory and have to be called at app start. There may be a check in the function that calls that data which will reset to default values if the data is outside an acceptable range.
Ok I figured as much, I won't get a chance today(first nice day here and I want to fly), but I'll decompile the app and see what I can find.

Hello , everyone or anyone . My breeze 4 k just flew off it's kinda like it didn't happen. It was doing fine then all of the sudden it started to flicker on the screen like it was cutting out then the screen on my phone went black and drone went straight up it did this the other day on take off it would go straight up but I only let id go 2 times it hit a warming limit and would come down so then I boxed it up for a few days took it out and flew it perfectly fine yesterday killed all three batteries today it was a little windy but it just went up after cutting off the video feed
Just to be clear are you saying it only does this with the new app?

Are you using the Yuneec version of the Breeze Cam app or are you using the modded apk from this thread?

Also, what phone are you using? What is your RTH height set to? On loss of connection the Breeze will do an RTH and if below that height it will climb to that height setting before returning.

Yes it only works on a droid.

As far as phones any note 4 any above or S5 and above will work as far as Samsung phones go. The note 4 screen is a good size too at 5.7" while the S5 is 5.1" which is still decent. I would try ebay.
First thing you should do is reset it back to it's original configuration to get rid of all the accumulated junk if that hasnt been done already. When you try to connect to the breeze always go to airplane mode first and you should have no issues.
I flew today with the note 4 and it was great but didnt try pushing its limits. I was out about 600' with a 200' altitude at a very open farm area with only a couple of weak wifi signals from 2 houses that I couldnt even connect to outside.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poppi
So finally took this app for a spin today in the park, still waiting on new batteries so couldn't go far, but got it out to 130ish meters without issue.

thanks again, and hopefully I'll take a crack at figuring out the saving issue later in the week.

I'm still amazed! On Monday of this week, & with the help of a ZyXEL WRE 6606 dual band range extender I purchased off eBay, I took my Breeze 4K to a moderately congested area.

I flew her out 2170 ft (661+ meters) at an altitude of 360 feet (110 meters) before losing FPV on my phone and then signal connection. Before the signal cut out, I noticed that the breeze still had 48% power remaining. Admittedly, line of sight was out of the question at that point. 4 minutes later I heard the familiar sound of the Breeze 4k props approaching. The automatic RTH executed perfectly, and it landed less than 10 feet from the launch pad. When I re-established connection I noticed that 9% power remained - definitely a close call. Total flight time, however, was nearly 11 minutes. The temperature was 65 degrees with little wind.

Even though I took a risk by allowing it to get so far out, it was breathtaking.
I guess the old saying is true, absolute distance corrupts absolutely.

Many thanks again to Dsduarte02 for giving the Yuneec Breeze 4K real wings and perhaps an afterburner in terms of speed.

Best wishes for safe and enjoyable flying throughout the spring & summer for all.

How did you get past 2000'? I hit the max geofence just under that. 1989.2' is as far as it allows you to set it to.
Personally I would like all the settings longer than they are as I would prefer to set the limits as I see fit. I've got much cheaper drones that will fly farther with a simple antenna mod. It's up to the owner to fly responsibly and if anything goes wrong it's on their head and NOT those who have graciously modded the software. If I knew how to change them I would do it myself.
To be a absolutely clear I am EXTREMELY thankful to those who have put their time and effort into this! I spent many months during the fall/winter repairing/modifying/testing breezes I purchased from Ebay and now I get to finally fly again in decent conditions. I'm not sure what happened to make the "broken" ones cost so much now other than it's not winter.
I did take apart one of the cameras out of curiosity with pics and it's easy. Theres just a pin going through the center that is crimped on one side that you can pull out of the barrel and the servo is just held on aligning the 2 gears with 2 screws.
The servo has a 180 degree range but without testing I'm not sure how its originally installed to get it aligned normally. It would be easy to change the position so it can pan up higher with a loss of the straight down position. Not sure how I got a couple of mine to pan up higher just by exercising the camera but they did. One even goes high enough now to see the blades and cut off the top edges from going up into the cutoff in the bottom cover.

On a side note i noticed that the breeze seems to have to get back pretty close (like 50-100') before my phones will see its wifi signal and reconnect so keep that in mind. I had lost signal when I was up around 300' and over 1000' away in a less open area and reconnected as it was coming back down on the auto return to home. Landed at 4% and it was just starting to fail as it dropped the last few feet acting erratic.
One of the cells was about .4V below the other 2 so I charged that one up to the same before recharging the whole battery. I ran it thru another cycle and it was even down to 20% so its OK with a normal run. Check every battery before and after flying between the cells to prevent a battery failure issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prayingdsr
Pman, I will recheck that distance from my notes from Monday. I logged the distance in meters, so I may have miscalculated in feet. But I recall that the last distance readout was immediately followed by loss of FPV and connection. On a prior flight, I had clear FPV up to nearly 500 meters. Thanks for the comment. I'll get back concerning this.

Pman you were right on. Checking my hastily scribbled notes, it looks as if I was attempting to make 6s out of 5s. Make that 551meters in distance Monday which is approximately 1800 feet.

Regardless, I am thoroughly amazed by that distance. If we could extend the Breeze's battery life by 5 minutes these would be superior to DJI Sparks, except for the video quality. But considering the price, I'm impressed by the Breeze's video quality.

Did anyone else hop on the Woot special a few months ago where they sold these new with controllers for $100? (A few weeks later they followed up with refurbished units with 2 batteries for $109, but I passed on that.) However I did purchase a couple of the new Breezes @ $100 and I'm VERY glad I did. (If they ever repeat that special, I'll make certain to post it here.)

Have a good day and God bless all.

Reactions: Poppi
I didnt notice the deal but that was fantastic especially if it came with the controller.
Speaking of controllers I had a weird issue with the one I always use the other day. I tried flying Wednesday and it wouldnt respond to the controller forward and back but everything else worked. Tried starting over and had the same issue and there was no issue when I tried with just my phone. I'll figure it out..... saw endgame this morning;) Couldnt resist.

SUPER EXTRA APK !!! I use the phone LG G4 and Comfast CF-WR371AC repeater. I have a stable connection up to 600 m distance and about 120-130m heights.

The only thing you need to remember is after each replacement of the battery in the drone, set again RTH, max speed. max distance and max height.

Reactions: Prayingdsr
Good day. I've been away from this discussion for the last six weeks or so. Any updates on the APK from the previous ones? Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval